• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Bisexuality

Melo

Oh, **** you.
True bisexuality exists; it's just not as common as people say.

I think a lot of people simply use the term as a bridge to gay, which creates a misconception with the way people see the preference.

I know two guys that came out as "bi". Neither have had any real female experience; they both date guys. I've never said anything about their sexuality, but in the back of my head, I do think they're gay.

In my mind, it's just less hassle and probably less embarrassing to say "bi".

Everybody is bisexual really. You can't choose who you fall in love with. It's up to chance whether you are attracted to men or women at any time. There's all sorts of things to take into consideration as well, like environment, the conditions of the womb during pregnancy, sexual identity in the brain, upbringing... but fundamentally, you are your own person, and all these labels we assign to things are purely synthetic.

You are you. Not what people tell you you are.

Hakumei Ookami said:
Everybody is bisexual really. You can't choose who you fall in love with. It's up to chance whether you are attracted to men or women at any time. There's all sorts of things to take into consideration as well, like environment, the conditions of the womb during pregnancy, sexual identity in the brain, upbringing... but fundamentally, you are your own person, and all these labels we assign to things are purely synthetic.

I agree with this.

Also, I have a really good friend that I've known for a while that is bisexual. He and I actually dated for a while, and we are kinda seeing each other now as well. He definitely is not gay, but he isn't straight either. He goes back and forth, not in a "player" like way or anything though. One of the guys that he was seeing was actually completely homosexual. (edit: I should have put this in here earlier, but I told him that if he wanted his friend in on anything, I wouldn't be against it. He said that his friend was completely turned off about girls.) I can see a difference between all three sexualities, though they are not permanent. I also don't think that they are "confused" either.

Kankaru

Hakumei Ookami said:

Interesting point. And partially true. But I give you an example to show that that is not true of "Everybody". There are people who chose to be straight and/or gay. My current mother for example. She found herself attracted to both genders, but she didn't want to be. She chose to ignore her attraction to females. She chose to be "straight".

As with those who choose, there are also people who are simply disgusted by the thought of being with a certain gender, no matter what their upbringing, etc.

I've known people who had gay parents but hated the thought of it. I've also had friends who were all out gay themselves, with homophobic parents.

There are many exceptions to everything. There is no straight out explanation of why someone is how they are. Everybody is their sexuality for their own reasons.

I like the way you word it, "looking past physical features"
It makes me believe you ^^
Now you just have to try that one on the church....

Kankaru

silvertwilight said:
I like the way you word it, "looking past physical features"
It makes me believe you ^^
Now you just have to try that one on the church....

Actually as far as I know the "Bible" never says that homosexuality is a sin. When homosexuality surfaced in christian civilizations the church/people saw it as strange and unnatural. They didn't like it. So the church searched through the bible for something they could translate into naming homosexuality a sin. They found the definition of marriage. "The union between man and woman." And they used that to say homosexuality is wrong.

Thats just how I think it happened though. I'm not christian, and I don't really know much from the "Bible". So I could be wrong. But I have never heard a quote from that book other than "Marriage is the union of man and woman" that says anything against homosexuality. And even that doesn't speak against it.

Homosexuality actually reaches back further than christianity does. It's been around since the dawn of the human race. In Ancient Rome, the greatest empire to ever span the earth, it was a common thing for men to have male companions until marriage to a woman, and it wasn't unknown for said companions to fall in love with each other. Alexander himself was extremely fond of his companion. Rome wasn't the only empire/culture/civilization to have same sex unions like that.

Kankaru

Midnight Panics said:
Kankaru said:
I don't really know much from the "Bible". So I could be wrong.

I don't think you needed to point that out.

What does that mean? I was just being honest in case I am wrong about that. I didn't want any christians to bitch at me for it.

The Bible is against immoral sexual behaviour. Not Gay love. It got lost in translation.

Incidentally, Jesus wasn't born to a virgin, but to an unmarried woman. Technically, that makes Jesus a bastard.

Kankaru

Hakumei Ookami said:
The Bible is against immoral sexual behaviour. Not Gay love. It got lost in translation.

So I was right about it not speaking against homosexuality. At least thats one thing. Lol.

Hakumei Ookami said:
Incidentally, Jesus wasn't born to a virgin, but to an unmarried woman. Technically, that makes Jesus a bastard.

So the miracle of Mother Mary and Jesus is a lie! Well, so is his birthday, so I'm not surprised.

So how did it happen? Mary and Joseph got horny one night and decided to cover it up with the whole "God got me pregnant!" story? Or did 'God' actually come to Mary and tell her she was supposed to have his son, so she went to fuck her boyfriend to make it come true?

Really if Mary wasn't a virgin, that means Jesus is a sin, and his parents are sinners. o.o Wow. Talk about hypocrites.

(Sorry to any loyal devoted christians who may read that ^^; Please don't bitch at me)

Melo

Oh, **** you.
Hakumei Ookami said:

Lol, the fundamentalist gurus who've studied out the Bible don't condemn homosexuality because the Bible doesn't. Read Romans.

Sodomy is synonymous with homosexuality for a reason.

Incidentally, Jesus wasn't born to a virgin, but to an unmarried woman.

If I can recall correctly, virgin Mary is still venerated by Catholics and some branches of Protestants.