• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Bisexuality

Gronix

Catless Cat Lady
Ugh... I feel stupid for asking this question, but I wonder what do you think

Do you think bisexuality is something very specific, like if you are into the same gender for the slightest, that already makes you one, or is it more like being a furfag, that if you are "into it" somewhat, and you consider yourself one.

I'm just curious, because I have no idea what to think

WolfNightV4X1

King of Kawaii; That Token Femboy
...I think it's really only a self concept. If you are 'into it a little' it means nothing unless you call yourself. one. Some people are completely unsure and that's okay, it's really up to them and their own experiences to figure that out.

This post reminds me I saw this girl yesterday and I was like "Damn, she's got a nice ass. She's sexy"...and I had to take a moment to wonder if I was going lesbian x3 answer: No.

I like to appreciate the same sex for how attractive they are but I'm not really sexually or even romantically attracted, so no I'm not a bisexual.

Hinalle K.

Banned
Banned
if you like titties and penises you're bi

'least that's how I figured myself out

DrDingo

Moved to phoenix.corvidae.org with the others
The names 'Straight', 'Bi', and 'Gay' are only really vague guides. I think people can be inbetween two categories and that their preferences can even fluctuate.

It's not like there are only three golden options and you're a freak if you don't perfectly fit into one!

Harbinger

The Last of Us.
As long as the balls dont touch your fine.

Ayattar

Banned
Banned
I'd bang myself if I had the chance. Does that mean that I'm bi or - god forbid - gay?

Last edited:

WolfNightV4X1

King of Kawaii; That Token Femboy
I'd bang myself if I had the chance. Does that mean that I'm bi or - god forbid - gay?

Selfcest, doesn't count as gay. Closest would be masturbation :p

HereKittyKitty

It's all fun and games...
Sexuality is a spectrum. Not everyone fits nicely into the three categories or has a number on the Kinsey Scale that describes them perfectly. And sexuality can fluctuate over the lifespan, making things even more complicated. "Bisexual" is just a label, it can't perfectly define any person since its definition will change from situation to situation and person to person.

If someone identifies as bi, then they're bi. If they just like the same sex a little bit and don't consider it enough to earn the label, then don't use that label. Hell, even if they like both sexes equal amounts but they don't think they fit the label, then don't use that label. It's a personal thing whether to identify as bi or not.

Just don't be that asshole who says bi people don't exist and that they're all just promiscuous sluts who need to choose a side.

PlusThirtyOne

What DOES my username mean...?
Sexual preference is just as wide a spectrum as gender identification. it varies from person to person but the only opinion that matters is that of the individual in question. i don't think it's something to be judged by others wether their opinion is positive or negative. if you (in general) prefer the label to another, then wear it.

Sexual identities aren't binary or even a linear path, but a pool of infinite "colors" with no set border between blues and yellows. One person's "green" is another person's "teal". it's up to the painter of his/her piece to decide what shades are purple and which are violet, which are red and which are pink. it's his/her canvas, his/her subject.

Kangamutt

No, you're just narcissistic. :U

Sexuality is a spectrum. Not everyone fits nicely into the three categories or has a number on the Kinsey Scale that describes them perfectly. And sexuality can fluctuate over the lifespan, making things even more complicated. "Bisexual" is just a label, it can't perfectly define any person since its definition will change from situation to situation and person to person.

If someone identifies as bi, then they're bi. If they just like the same sex a little bit and don't consider it enough to earn the label, then don't use that label. Hell, even if they like both sexes equal amounts but they don't think they fit the label, then don't use that label. It's a personal thing whether to identify as bi or not.

Just don't be that asshole who says bi people don't exist and that they're all just promiscuous sluts who need to choose a side.

Pretty much all of this. Sexuality is a weird grey area kind of thing that can change over time. The label for "bi" doesn't have any real line drawn in the sand. You could be "bi" but still have a much stronger preference to one over the other. Those that are unsure about it will also take on the term "bi-curious". But in the end, you should worry less about the label, and just liking what you like.

Bonobosoph

4 hands good 2 hands bad ;)
After spending my teenage years figuring out WTF I was, I just thought sod it I like aaalllll the people! (Androgynous folks are hot too.)
Anyway yeah, I think you're bi if you'd happily bone both sexes. And pansexual if you're open to all gender variations and don't really care either way?

Last edited:

ChaoticX

After spending my teenage years figuring out WTF I was, I just thought sod it I like aaalllll the people! (Androgynous folks are hot too.)
Anyway yeah, I think you're bi if you'd happily bone both sexes. And pansexual if you're open to all gender variations and don't really care either way?

Same here.

Hachiro

I'm SeckZ and Frii
A thing that pisses me off is something ppl and my friends say, "oh you're undecided then, you should just pick a side"

You can pick a side, BUT damn we are no undecided, you can't avoid attraction to both sex when you're bi, I mean I have more attract towards males but that doesn't mean towards females doesn't exist.

Also I have notion I'm bi since like what 7-8, I mean I didn't know what the hell was wrong with me but I knew I was different for the others, but IT CAN BE VERY COMPLICATED, like you can have a romantic attraction towards a gender but 0 attraction towards its physical. How can i explain "Oh wow that girl is gorgeous I'd love to date her, but sexual intercourse? nah not interested, oh wow I'd have sex with that guy, mhm he's so fine, be his boyfriend? hell no" meh weird and fun, bisexuality is awesome.

Ieatcrackersandjumpcliffs

Fighter of the Nightman
I think most of the population is bi-sexual than people want to admit.

Jags

Shepherd of Fire
It's the ability to reach into someone's underwear and not care what you find.

Though it irritates me when people assume Bi guys are gay, and just don't wanna fully come out. Just because I like guys doesn't mean I can't like women either -.-

HereKittyKitty

It's the ability to reach into someone's underwear and not care what you find.

That could also technically describe pansexual, polysexual, and omnisexual. And probably at least five others.

Batty Krueger

DJ Nailbunny
Is this a question that really needs to be answered?
Bisexual is you like dick and vag.
Or you like dick a bit better than vag.
Or you like vag a bit better than dick.
And everything in between.
Is the concept of bisexuality that hard for people to understand?

What also irritates me is this whole 'pansexual' word being flung around. As far as I see it its just a fancy term for bisexuals that have no idea who the fuck they are yet.

Last edited:

HereKittyKitty

Since more sexualities than just bi are being thrown about here, I feel like it's time for a comprehensive list:

Homosexual: a person who is attracted to the same sex/gender.
Heterosexual: a person who is attracted to the opposite sex/gender.
Gay: a man who is attracted to males.
Lesbian: a woman who is attracted to females.
Bisexual: a person attracted to males and females.
Pansexual: a person attracted to personality regardless of sex or gender.
Asexual: little or no sexual attraction to others.
Polysexual: similar to bisexual, but person acknowledges and is attracted to more than two genders e.g may be attracted to a female who is gender-fluid.
Demi-sexual: a person who doesn't feel sexual attraction to a person until they have a strong emotional connection.
Autosexual: a person who prefers masturbation and/or are attracted to themselves.
Pomosexual: someone who doesn't identify with conventional sexualities.
Androsexuality/Androphilia: a person attracted to masculinity, not necessarily males.
Gynesexuality/Gynecophilia: a person attracted to femininity, not necessarily females.
Queer: a person who is not heterosexual and wants to acknowledge it without conforming to a conventional sexuality.
Omnisexual: a person who does not have a sexual preference and may be attracted to everyone equally.

Then you start combining this with the gender identity spectrum and shit gets weird.
Don't like any of the ones listed? There are more! There will always be more.
If you like girls and guys, you can identify as bi. Or you could further specify your wants and identify as something else.

What also irritates me is this whole 'pansexual' word being flung around. As far as I see it its just a fancy term for bisexuals that have no idea who the fuck they are yet.

To me, that seems dangerously close to the whole "bisexuals are just straight or gay people who haven't decided yet".
Bisexuals are attracted to males and females because they are male and female. Yay for titties and dicks!
Pansexuals are attracted to people regardless​ of what gender they are or identify as.

Ieatcrackersandjumpcliffs

Fighter of the Nightman
Is this a question that really needs to be answered?
Bisexual is you like dick and vag.
Or you like dick a bit better than vag.
Or you like vag a bit better than dick.
And everything in between.
Is the concept of bisexuality that hard for people to understand?

Wish you were here back in the day.

https://forums.furaffinity.net/threads/71502-Pansexuality-is-a-stupid-fad?highlight=