• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Bitten by an animal?

Ever been bitten by an animal?

• Yes I have

Votes: 52 91.2%
  • Actually, no I haven't

Votes: 5 8.8%

• Total voters

MochiElZorro

Self-Appointed FAF Bitchmuffin
Once I was passing out fliers and someone's dog bit me as its owners sat in the backyard and laughed. They looked like crackheads. That was very unusual for me, since I inherited my grandfathers way with animals. Normally animals love me. Heck, I've had falcons and foxes let me sit by them and chill, and I've only ever had one cat try to attack me... but he was a little fucker anyway.

bellum_letale

I'm an emergency medical technician. We get lots of information on animal first-aid (...well those of us that volunteer to help humans AND animals) as well as the treatment for animal bites.
We have a rule of thumb specifically for snake bites though: radio reports that come in for snake bites to the foot/lower leg are regarded as accidents. Radio reports that come in stating that someone has been bitten on the hand usually means we get to play with some drunk daredevil for the rest of the afternoon.
I'm not saying that EVERYONE who gets bit on the hand is...well, stupid, but it just goes to show that people need to respect distance with ANY animal (even house dogs; Fluffy is always the last to be suspect for a bite, but often the first to jump) and that behavioral signs should be better recognized. I've just seen first-hand the different types of situations, and being in the field for so long tends to force certain generalizations on patient types. ._.;
PSA: Don't drink and try to make out with snakes.

dinosaurdammit

White Devil
I'm an emergency medical technician. We get lots of information on animal first-aid (...well those of us that volunteer to help humans AND animals) as well as the treatment for animal bites.
We have a rule of thumb specifically for snake bites though: radio reports that come in for snake bites to the foot/lower leg are regarded as accidents. Radio reports that come in stating that someone has been bitten on the hand usually means we get to play with some drunk daredevil for the rest of the afternoon.
I'm not saying that EVERYONE who gets bit on the hand is...well, stupid, but it just goes to show that people need to respect distance with ANY animal (even house dogs; Fluffy is always the last to be suspect for a bite, but often the first to jump) and that behavioral signs should be better recognized. I've just seen first-hand the different types of situations, and being in the field for so long tends to force certain generalizations on patient types. ._.;
PSA: Don't drink and try to make out with snakes.

i got bit in the face by a boa constrictor. He gives damn good face kisses.

Ji-Ji

Post Festive Fox
I got bitten by a rabbit few months ago, my finger was bleeding a fair bit.
My families had rabbits since I was 4 I was both laughing and confused at this outcome.

I frequently get bitten by my mother's dog I don't think it will ever be trained to behave.