• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Blekarotva's Sketchbook

Blekarotva

So uhm, I've been wanting to open up one of these for a while but I always left for later, until now
I wanted to start posting some quick/rough sketches for my current drawing class/project but I left the sketchbook back at university >.>;

Please note that I do use Photoshop but I really don't know how to edit photographs; the colors shown here are not even close to what they really look like and I'm not sure how to fix the deformation made by the camera lenses

The following paintings are all assignmetns painted after a photgraph I took (sometimes tweaked on photoshop) which was previously approved by my teachers and their helpers

These are from last year - Before these I never painted with oils or anything similar (I had only used very cheap and really bad quality acrylics to paint flat colors)

These are 60x60 cm, canvas pasted to wood
No. # 4, 6 and 8 took me about five months of parallel work
No. # 3, 5 and 9 were about three months
no. # 1, 2 and 7 took about two months (rushed work)
10363_4876237979205_1039454394_n_by_blekarotva-d68aox0.jpg

This is a series of self portraits made from March to mid April from this year (click for bigger view)
40x40 cm canvas each one

I'm currently piainting these, they are 80x80 cm canvases

And now one of my own

The camera saturated the blue way too much; the actual blues are much more neutral/grey
This has roughly 5 hours of works, 70x70 cm

I'll keep posting and I will be very grateful for any feedback you may want to give - please write short sentence if possible, my mother tongue is spanish and I get lost when reading paragraph in enlgish (this is why I hardly use or follow tutorials)
I'm a rather shy person and I recognise that I'm not confident enough on my own skills and it's very hard for me to leave my comfort zone and show the results; I used to/usually make alot of excuses but I've learned to shut up and listen to what my teachers and mates have to say about my work.

I'll be posting life drawings from the pasts two years from my drawing class, and some from this year as I remember to photograph them.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
It will be good to see more work. I am confused by the first piece in your thread, but I'd like to see where you're going with your life studies and characters.

Blekarotva

I never actually ment to abandon this thread - but I forgot the forums existed for a few days and then I was offered to travel outside the country and when I got back it was the downtime that reminded me about this place >.>;
Anyways next week I finish with university and I'll have more energy for life studies and other not things outside my comfort zone (specifically still life and scenes/backgrounds)
Aaadn i still need to photgraph my figure studies
In the meantime, these sketches were referenced from a anatomy book I got a while ago - 15 minutes spent on each approx

tumblr_mxti7z2BEX1s9sbqmo2_1280.jpg
tumblr_mxti7z2BEX1s9sbqmo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mxti7z2BEX1s9sbqmo3_1280.jpg

now I'm jus going to bookmark this thread and not let it die >.>;

Last edited:

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
Indeed, keep posting and just remember to link NSFW material (and mark it) nice to see more people post up sketchbooks.

PurryFurry

Furry Artist
I'm really liking your self portrait studies. The way they've each been cut differently in each one is strangely alluring to me. Also good upper body musculature work on the sketches :) Thanks for posting!

Blekarotva

Thanks PurryFurry :B
This is a self portrait I did a while ago - made while looking myself at a small mirror
tumblr_mxumfxaGPT1s9sbqmo1_400.jpg

Noe forgive the bad quality of the next photographs - while I've been using photoshop for years now I have no idea how to properly edit a photograph - or take on with a digital camera >.>;

NSFW - Nude figure drawings here - NSFW
The first one is from March - ugh such a small head xP
Those drawings are 1 mt tall approx - so I really don't want to try to scan them.

Last edited:

Blekarotva

is there any limit on how often can we post?

A sketch of a character of mine called "Milu" (still looking for a better name)
I've starting to build my anthro characters' head from human-like skull and it has gave me some interesting results.
No specific animal intended - I'm actully aiming for a more human appearence.

tumblr_mxv0gf1q9C1s9sbqmo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mxv0gf1q9C1s9sbqmo2_r1_1280.jpg

portrait_by_blekarotva-d6y29c5.png

Last edited:

TopazThunder

Noir Fetishist
Really dig those head and facial studies! I love how you actually plot out the geography and major planes of the face and underlying skull; it makes for a far more solid structure. I especially love the purple values and tones you used in the very bottom colored study. And naturally, I love her design as well.

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
No there's no limit on how often, but do be reasonable - being that don't try to come back every thirty minutes with one drawing when you know you can post a few up t once, and not spam post where you have nothing to say or just want to reply to each individual comment/when you can also group a few.

Hope that makes sense?

The head studies are pretty cool, keep posting

Blekarotva

Really dig those head and facial studies! I love how you actually plot out the geography and major planes of the face and underlying skull; it makes for a far more solid structure. I especially love the purple values and tones you used in the very bottom colored study. And naturally, I love her design as well.

Thank you C:

No there's no limit on how often, but do be reasonable - being that don't try to come back every thirty minutes with one drawing when you know you can post a few up t once, and not spam post where you have nothing to say or just want to reply to each individual comment/when you can also group a few.

Hope that makes sense?

The head studies are pretty cool, keep posting

Alright, thank you!

Blekarotva

I did this while looking at a photograph on an anatomy book I got
The model was looking back and head has a foreshortening I couldn't make look decent. It was the perfect excuse to use a goat head.

tumblr_my9x2rFihs1s9sbqmo1_1280.jpg

Blekarotva

Not really a study - I don't want to make this thread abandoned B:
tumblr_mzed4qquET1s9sbqmo1_1280.png

I wanted to use more than two colors, but keeping a low saturation compared to the main blue and purple.