• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Block feature needs looking at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

benanderson

Banned
Banned
The block feature was supposed to stop people from seeing your user page, posting comments on your page and submissions and stopping them from replying to comments you've made outside of your user page.
An hour or so after I added three people to my block list one replied to a comment I made on a submission and another posted a shout on my user page. I've double checked my spelling and made sure that each name is on a separate line. The block feature needs improvement as it doesn't appear to do anything at all.

Stratelier

It's been already stated that the block system is for blocking comments only (counting shouts as comments), it does not (and will never) block pageviews, partly because unlike comments, pageviews are anonymous.

That being said, I have no personal experience in this matter (never had to block anyone yet) so if you've made sure to spell their username correctly, I can't help.

Freehaven

Dammit.
Did the names have hyphens or underscores in them? Because you may have forgotten to add (hyphens) or subtract (underscores) the necessary characters when entering the usernames into your blocklist.

And like Stratadrake said, the blocklist feature is meant to stop comments and nothing else. I can assure you that, being on a number of blocklists myself, the feature does indeed work.

T

TakeWalker

Blocked users can still reply to comments of comments, it's just the way the system is it seems.

Freehaven

Dammit.
Blocked users can still reply to comments of comments, it's just the way the system is it seems.

I think they've fixed that, because I've tried to do this before, and I've still been commentblocked.

yak

Site Developer
Administrator

They can not reply to even to your comments on your property, but they can do that on someone else's property.
Up until recently, when Eevee brought up a certain point, I considered that to be a bug and was going to fix it. But right now I don't know.
The point was - why should a user have partial control of what I can post or not on the property that is not their own, even if they blocked me? Why should that prevent me from posting on someone else's work, if I disagree what has been said by them?

oniontrain

Horror Generator
I blocked somebody the other day and they told me it worked, so I assume you must have fogotten some special characters or something in their names.

tsawolf

Indeed. This is not a discussion. This is a trouble ticket.

Which you already filed.

Let's not duplicate efforts, hmm? Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.