• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Main Site Blocked users are still on my watchers list

N

Nyro46

I don't know if this is a bug or what, but I've noticed that even when I block a user, they are still listed on my watchers. It's very annoying. Does this mean they are still getting my submissions in their inbox? I blocked a user on my FA account THAX-39 a week or so ago and they are still listed on my watchers list. And just now (as I am in the process of moving back to my old account, Nyro-The-Leopard) I am trying to block the old account of a person I have had severe issues with in the past, and still he is on my watcher list. (While I think his old account got locked out anyway, I still would rather it not appearing on my watcher list).

And yes, I did double check to make sure they were properly blocked. When I go to their profile pages, it says "unblock" on the right.

quoting_mungo

The way the system currently works, blocking will prevent a user from adding you to their watch list, but not remove them from your watchers. They will receive your content in their inbox, but can't interact with it in any way beyond, well, viewing it.

Alison Savros

Deceased
I do think that's stressful since it can lead to stalking if, God forbid one of your watchers happens to be one of those kind of people. *shudders*

N

Nyro46

The way the system currently works, blocking will prevent a user from adding you to their watch list, but not remove them from your watchers. They will receive your content in their inbox, but can't interact with it in any way beyond, well, viewing it.
That seems a bit counter intuitive. Is there any way to remove the person?

I do think that's stressful since it can lead to stalking if, God forbid one of your watchers happens to be one of those kind of people. *shudders*
Yeah, exactly. . . Thankfully the guy who I am most worried of stalking me does not have me on his watch list. Though it is his boyfriend’s old account on my FA’s watch list (the old one I am moving back to). And the person I wanted to block on my other FA was someone I found mocking my art once (calling it generic etc) so they really have no reason to be watching me :\

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Staff member
Site Director
The kind of blocking you're referring to is known as "soft blocking". That's something we do plan to implement at some point in time, but I do not have an ETA I can give.