• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Blocked users

Kemosuki

I think there should be a feature where blocked people on your list shouldn't be able to view anything, your profile, posts, journals, etc. Banned users as well shouldn't be able to access the site.

Sir Thaikard

GOTTA WRITE FAST.
That's an interesting opinion to have for a new account that doesn't have anything asides from a single forum post.

What exactly are you trying to hide from prying eyes.

luffy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
That's an interesting opinion to have for a new account that doesn't have anything asides from a single forum post.

What exactly are you trying to hide from prying eyes.
People make accounts to post suggestions on the forum.

An updated block system is in the future, and is something we're very eager to work on.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
Guests who are not logged in can view most art on fur affinity, and most posts on the forums- and that's an important function (otherwise few people would bother registering), so the prospect of preventing a banned user from viewing any content on the site can't be achieved.

I suppose the closest possibility is a system like Twitter, where people can't view posts by locked accounts unless that user permits them to. This itself has flaws though; there are clearly people on Twitter sharing illegal content for example, and I am unable to report it because it is protected behind the locked accounts.

Kingman

Inquisitor of the Radical Ordo
As I've came across having to deal with a harassing troll over the last few weeks, this would be a nice feature, as they are blocked on my end, so the guy is harassing me and others on group pages and pages of people I know, especially targeting someone that has been gone on FA for over a year so they aren't seeing what's being posted in their shout box. The staff advised me not to contact the guy or engage him, so having a feature that removes him, his posts, and everything else from my personal view on the site would be great.

FurryGuardian816

Troll-Hunting Homosapien
I think there should be a feature where blocked people on your list shouldn't be able to view anything, your profile, posts, journals, etc. Banned users as well shouldn't be able to access the site.

I think that's a terrible idea. We should be allowed to still view everything, especially with keeping in mind that we can monitor people and add to reported content if any.

Cilenomon

Dragon
This feature, but the opposite. And also maybe some "hide" function.
Example: We have User_1 and User_2. User_1 decided to hide User_2 using the "hide" feature. Now, while searching / browsing art on the website, anything made by User_2 wouldn't be shown to User_1. But they could still interact with each other if needed, as they are not blocked. User_2 could also still see the picture of User_1. User_1 could still see them, but when browsing / searching, they wouldn't be there.
Also the same thing, but with tags. Yes, I know, a lot of people do not tag their stuff correctly, but atleast it's a good start