• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Bolt

No thread for Disney's new animated dog movie yet? I couldn't wait to see it as soon as I saw the trailer. You would think furries would be all over this. Guess not... Anyways, I watched it today and I loved it. It had some pretty funny parts that I laughed at, but mostly I was just enamoured by how cute it was. Overall it's just a really, really sweet movie. (But then again I always get emotional over childrens' movies.) It has a lovely art style and I wish I could see it in 3D, but there are no theaters near here doing that. I liked the movie so much that I immediately went out and bought all of the Bolt merchandise I could get my hands on, and I might post pictures of them later.

TL;DR: I love Bolt.

So, has anyone else seen this movie or plan on seeing it?

Last edited:

Ty Vulpine

I doubt I'll see it, as I just can't stand CG movies. I miss the old hand-drawn ones, which sadly are all but gone...

TwilightV

HELL YEAH!!!
I thought it was good when I first saw the trailer... but then I learned about it's original script, and that made me very upset...

Not A Fox

nothing
I'm likely to see it.

I can feel the anachronistic complaint, though. It's not manipulation of a real canvas or of a physical paint. It's 1s & 0s, harassed into taking some crude shape in some non-existant corner of a box whose contents are put on display on something more soul-less than a TV screen.

Granted, CGI can look sharp, and do things a real animation can't, but there are times when I can be found wanting of a balance.

TL;DR Version: Mixed Feelings

Ty Vulpine

Granted, CGI can look sharp, and do things a real animation can't, but there are times when I can be found wanting of a balance.

And vice versa. I've found hand-drawn/hand-colored animation to be more vibrant than CI can do. Take Secret of NIMH, for example. I don't know if CG would take the opening and reproduce it, or the climactic scene for that matter.

brrrr

rrrrr
It looks like a cute movie. I think I liked it more when I had seen the first 30 seconds of the initial trailer. Sure, he was like a cliche superpower dog but it felt more original than the storyline they decided to pull. Still looks fun to see.

Ty Vulpine

It looks like a cute movie. I think I liked it more when I had seen the first 30 seconds of the initial trailer. Sure, he was like a cliche superpower dog but it felt more original than the storyline they decided to pull. Still looks fun to see.

Underdog but without the powers?

TwilightV

HELL YEAH!!!
But at the cost of my favorite modern day Disney writer/actor? Thanks, but i'll pass... >.>

JaceShepherd

No thread for Disney's new animated dog movie yet? I couldn't wait to see it as soon as I saw the trailer. You would think furries would be all over this. Guess not... Anyways, I watched it today and I loved it. It had some pretty funny parts that I laughed at, but mostly I was just enamoured by how cute it was. Overall it's just a really, really sweet movie. (But then again I always get emotional over childrens' movies.) It has a lovely art style and I wish I could see it in 3D, but there are no theaters near here doing that. I liked the movie so much that I immediately went out and bought all of the Bolt merchandise I could get my hands on, and I might post pictures of them later.

Yea I saw it last night and for me it was by far the best movie Ive seen in a long time. ^^ Yes defently post pics of all your Bolt stuff so I can go out and get it hehe. My biggest question is do they plan to do more with Bolt or is this it? Honestly I think they could make Bolt into a very popular TV show or at least a second movie.

WolfoxOkamichan

Luffs Buff Wuffs
I really want to shoot CGI and 2D animation whores. Animation is just animation - do not limit yourself just because something is not in CGI or 2D.

Anyway, yeah, Bolt as far as I heard, is actually getting good scores.

Also, about Bolt's origin - LOL are you seriously not gonna watch it because of that?! Lilo and Stitch isn't even special!

It sounds like a few of you don't want to see it because it's CG. I think I should point out that this movie was not done in the normal CG style, but rather a newer experimental style called non-photorealistic rendering. Think Ratatouille but even less photorealistic than that. To me it looks more like a cartoon-style painting come to life than something pixelated and digital. The scenery is beautiful, and there is a lot of it, as the group goes on a interstate journey from New York to Hollywood. Not to mention Bolt's fur looks so soft and fluffy, I just wanna squeeze him!

I think you should at least give it a try. But I dunno; if you can look at this and not see emotion, then you're not on the same page as me.
0710.jpg

Yea I saw it last night and for me it was by far the best movie Ive seen in a long time. ^^ Yes defently post pics of all your Bolt stuff so I can go out and get it hehe. My biggest question is do they plan to do more with Bolt or is this it? Honestly I think they could make Bolt into a very popular TV show or at least a second movie.
If you have a Disney Store near you and want to buy lots of Bolt stuff, I'd suggest you go today because there's an in-store 25% off sale this weekend only. Which would help especially if you're looking to get the giant 30-inch plush.

Ty Vulpine

I don't have anything against CG, I just think it doesn't look as good as hand-drawn animation (especially humans). The stories are good, but the detail in hand-drawn animation can be better than CG (especially old-age Disney movies).

NerdyMunk

Only a Book Smart Nerd

Me and my friend liked it. Better to see than that...IDK...Twilight movie.

TwilightV

HELL YEAH!!!
I really want to shoot CGI and 2D animation whores. Animation is just animation - do not limit yourself just because something is not in CGI or 2D.

Anyway, yeah, Bolt as far as I heard, is actually getting good scores.

Also, about Bolt's origin - LOL are you seriously not gonna watch it because of that?! Lilo and Stitch isn't even special!

To you maybe! :p

AlexInsane

I does what I says on the box.
Is there a scene where he gets hit by a car?

No?

To hell with that then.

Skittle

Banned
Banned
I thought it was good when I first saw the trailer... but then I learned about it's original script, and that made me very upset...
Original script? Do tell

TwilightV

HELL YEAH!!!
All right, here's a pic for Jace and anyone else interested.
bolt-stuff.jpg

The only things I'm missing now that I still want to get are the soundtrack and a T-shirt.

Somebody's obsessed! :p
I wouldn't mind a small plushie. I played a demo of the DS game, it wasn't bad (easy, but not bad).

TwilightV

HELL YEAH!!!
That sounded much better and less generic than what we got... >.>