• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Books Are Entertainment, Too!

RealZero

Books? These are the things without pictures, right?^^
Hehe, seriously, I really enjoy reading. Like the big masses I enjoy reading these HP books, although I've only read 1-4.

But my favourite books, hm..Well, although being very old I still really love "Dracula", the original by Bram Stoker as I love the writing style. I also really like the "Mardock" trilogy by the japanese author "To Ubukata", one of the few Sci-Fi/Cyberpunk books I like.
My newest addition, bought it three or four days ago, is "Night Watch" (Nochnoi Dozor) by russian author Sergei Lukyanenko. I've not seen the movie, everyone told me it is very strange and boring, but as far as I read the book, I'm at chapter five now, I really like it and it sure has potential to be another one of my favourites along with Dracula and Mardock.

That's all for now, I'm open for any suggestions as soon as I've finished Night Watch^^

Greetings,
RealZero

Woahhh! There ARE still people who read! XD

Hmm... I've read many books I've found to love, so it really is a hard choice to make... maybe right now, I would have to say Inkheart. It wasn't a hard read, but it was a good read. =D Never got to read the sequel yet... I guess runner up would have to go to another series I read: The Stone of Light Series by Christian Jacq. Twas a historical fiction taking place in egyptian times. My fave part was the two main antagonists, cause they were good at what they did and knew how to cover their tracks. Hee... I love historical fiction and fantasy~! n.n

Renton Whitetail

Friendly Mod
My favorite's "Fire Bringer." It's an epic story of a deer prophesized to rise up and, after many trials, kill the corrupt herd leader. It's full of action and adventure, as deer "armies" actually fight each other, and perhaps the best part of it all is that it's told in the perspective of the deer. I loved it, and I highly recommend it. :D

Brooklyn

"The Wheel of Time" series by the late Robert Jordan. Sadly, he died before he could complete the 12th and final book.

Aden

Play from your ****ing HEART
On book three of four in the Rama series. I loved the first one, but the rest seem to focus more on petty character things than the big fucking space machines. Still a good story though.

Le_Démon_Sans_Visage

evolution's cruelest joke
Sooooo many books . . . if I limit myself to fiction of furry interest:

"Ratha's Creature" and the sequels by Clare Bell
Intelligent saber-toothed cats in an alternate Miocene. In the first book, Ratha is outcast from her tribe when she tries to tame fire, with terrible repurcussions for all. Some of the smartest, most thrilling storytelling I've ever read.

The Alien Chronicles series by Deborah Christian
Ampris, born a slave in a crumbling empire, rouses her fellow slaves to rebel. All the alien races are clearly based on animals (Ampris is leonine, other races are reptilian, avian, resemble coyotes, lemurs, octopi, etc).

"Jennie" by Douglas Preston
Nature vs nurture: if a chimpanzee were raised like a human child, what sort of creature would she become? Based on real research and incredibly moving.

"The Color of Neanderthal Eyes" by James Tiptree, JR
A man ignores first contact protocol when he falls in love with a mermaid-like alien and her peaceful, edenic society . . . and when she becomes pregnant with his hybrid children, discovers the hard way that just because something looks like a human, it doesn't function like one.

"At Winter's End" and the sequel, "The New Springtime" by Robert Silverberg
700,000 years after humans and other advanced races are sent to extinction by comets raining down on the earth, a small tribe of humanoid monkeys emerges from their underground shelters, fully convinced from ancient texts that they are 'human' and destined to be the new masters of the greatly changed world. Obviously, a lot has happened in that time and they're in for some nasty surprises.

"The Crimson Bears" and "A HUndred Doors" by Tom La Farge
Actually one book in two volumes. In a world when just about every species is sentient, two young bears (the ruling species) set out to explore their country. On the way they pick up an annying pet, a sort of wool-bearing, nonsentient lizard, and arrive at their uncle's home in Bargeton to discover a city on the edge of war being invaded by mysterious Crimson Bears. Nothing is what it seems, and the books are both literary and deep and imaginative and exciting, not to mention being written in a dead-on perfect Victorian style.

FurryFox

Pink Hat
OOH OHH!!! I READ!! ^_^

My favorite book (that I've read so far) is probably "Book the Thirteenth: The End" by Lemony Snicket, some of my other favorites are "The Wind in the Willows", The other books in the series of unfortunate events, The Invisible Man, The Spiderwhick Chronicles (sp?), and Goosebumps

Vore Writer

Dog faced God
I can't really tell you my what my favorite books are, but I can tell you James Patterson is one of my favorite authors. I just love his style of writing. IMO, his books are like crack: once you start reading, you're addicted until you finish. Probably not the best comparison, but meh. Whatever. Some of my other favorite writers are Jane Lindskold, Brian Jacques, Sue Henry and a few others.

i have a hell of alot :p. becasue of the problems i have i can read a shit loade. the bigist thing of books i ever read was A to Z of the world encylopeda but the best book was a chuck up between the davinchy code and why fernch women dont get fat :p

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
These I remember as I'm growing up and current.

To Kill a Mockingbird
Ratha's Creature/ The Named Series - Claire Bell books
Tomorrow's Sphinx - Claire Bell
Chronicles of the Cheysuli - Jennifer Roberson
Birth of the Firebringer (and sequels) (was about unicorns) Meridith Ann Pierce
The Ramona series ...yeah I loved Beverly Clearly books
Bunnicula
The Woman Who Loved Reindeer - Meridith Ann Pierce
The Darkangel Trilogy - Meridith Ann Pierce
The Apprentice Adept Series by Peirs Anthony
War for the Oaks by Emma Bull
I Robot - Asimov

There is one book I need help with, it was a book on a hermaphrodite race. The creature was kinda pudgy and grew into this beautiful silver furred winged muscular creature. I think they were referred to as the Aerie but I can't remember. I just remember them having some crazy libidos XD

where the red fern grows is my childhood favorite but the Pendragon series is my current fav

why did all the dogs die?!? T~T

Le_Démon_Sans_Visage

Arshes Nei said:
There is one book I need help with, it was a book on a hermaphrodite race. The creature was kinda pudgy and grew into this beautiful silver furred winged muscular creature. I think they were referred to as the Aerie but I can't remember. I just remember them having some crazy libidos XD

"Delan the Mislaid" by Laurie Marks. She wrote a sequel, too, but my copy has long since disappeared. Some google-fu could probably locate it.

Magica

Fatty Furfag Weeaboo
Warriors series by Erin Hunter (Three authors I think?)
Guardians of Ga'hoole series by Kathryn Lasky
Fire Bringer & The Sight by David Clement Davies
The Mammoth Trilogy (Silver, Longtusk, Icebones) by Stephen Baxter
Watership Down by Richard Adams
Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
Earth's Children series by Jean M. Auel
Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
Call of the Wild by Jack London
101 Dalmatians by Dodie Smith
Bunnicula by Debora and James Howe
Felidae by Akif Pirincci
Queen of Shaba by Joy Adamson
Macbeth by William Shakespeare

You can check my LibraryThing and LibraryThing catalog if you like. :D

AerusalePhoxJr

Is worse then WEEGEE
i don't read.....

........ no really i have no books at all and i don't go to the libray

Rilvor

Formal when angry
favorite book?

Probably Eldest, I really liked that one. Although if you could count a series as a favorite, then Stephen King's Dark Tower series.

Krystalynn

Nerf Herder
[size=medium]Hmm... The Dune books (All of them, especially God Emporer), The Dark Tower series by Stephen King, the DragonLance novels.... annnnd the Lord of the Rings.[/size]

Surgat

Where is your mod now?
My readings: let me show you some of them

For fiction :
The Epic of Gilgamesh - Anonymous
The Republic - Plato
Beowulf - Anonymous
The Divine Comedy - Dante Alighieri
The Hobbit - J. R. R. Tolkien
1984 - George Orwell
Cat's Cradle, Slaughterhouse Five, Sirens of Titan - Kurt Vonnegut
The Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy [series] - Douglas Adams

Seratuhl

Cthulhu's Sexual Seraphim
Here are some of the books and short stories I read ( authors listed );

Books by Dan Simmons:
-Hyperion
-The Fall of Hyperion
-Endymion
-The Rise of Endymion

Books by H.G Wells:
-War of the Worlds
-The Time Machine

Books by Miguel de Cervantes
-Don Quixote de la Mancha

Books by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
-Faust

Books by Camilo Osias:
-Jose Rizal: His Life and Times

Books by Robert A Heinlein:
-Starship Troopers

Short stories by H.P Lovecraft:
-Call of Cthulhu
-The Dunwich horror
-The Shadow over Innsmouth
-Nyarlathotep
-The shadow out of Time
-At the Mountains of Madness

Emil

Roll Fizzlebeef
Favorite is the Dune books. The ones written by Frank Herbert, and not his son though. Especially God Emperor, just cause it has my fav line in the entire series. After the Dunes my fav would be 1984.

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
Le_Démon_Sans_Visage said:
Arshes Nei said:

"Delan the Mislaid" by Laurie Marks. She wrote a sequel, too, but my copy has long since disappeared. Some google-fu could probably locate it.

Thank you so much! I knew someone else had read it back then XD

I actually have a long list of books I love, but I tried to stop reading novels because I read so much I can't even have a place to sleep as my bed is covered in books, instructional, manga etc. D:

Le_Démon_Sans_Visage

Arshes Nei said:
Thank you so much! I knew someone else had read it back then XD

I actually have a long list of books I love, but I tried to stop reading novels because I read so much I can't even have a place to sleep as my bed is covered in books, instructional, manga etc. D:

No problem.
Sleep is for the weak . . . I plan to end my life like the Collyer brothers, dying in a house packed solid with paperback books.

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
Haha it's not so much how much or well I sleep, it's just a bit disconcerting when you wake up with a book stuck to your @$$.