• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Books you loved as a child

I

Infrarednexus

I am feeling nostalgic today.

Post and share books and stories you loved reading or having someone read to you when you were very young.

My mother would read me Ignis, a story about a dragon who is a late bloomer and doesn't know how to breath fire, but after going on a journey and meeting new people learned to be the best fire breather of all dragons.

bb4f375542b734c123a5f70b4712fc15.jpg

P1010249.JPG

th
%252522Ignis%252522%2B%2BFIRE.jpg

Telnac

Fundamentalist Heretic
Nothing that awesome. I liked Where the Sidewalk Ends and Charlotte's Web.

Arnak

Off the bench
Warriors. Whether it be the actual books or the graystripe comics

Skittles

Queen of FaF. Empress of Fløøf.
Redwall, The Deptford Mice, Horrible Histories, Fighting Fantasy. So many to name!

Cyanomega

The hobbit.
every Terry Pratchett book my pops would sneak me without my mom knowing.

every Redwall book I've ever read.

The Xanth series.

My pops would read me mythology stories as bedtime stories. From Greek to Russian to native American, ect.
Instilled a huge love in myths i still have to this day.

Slytherin Umbreon

Black Lives Matter
Chronicles of Narnia, Series of Unfortunate Events, Artemis Fowl, Harry Potter...
Most everything I red, I loved, I think. lol -3-
Hard to remember it all.

I didn't read anything by Tamora Pierce until I was a teen, but I'm adding her anyway because she deserves it.

Guifrog

Blue Frog
The more I think about my childhood... the more frogs appear o.o

1f4c65e32c839f32054b846b57713ad8e7aba99b.jpg

I loved "The Animal Republic". I think it was inspired by "Animal Farm" by George Orwell but I'd find the species diversity and the frog president more appealing

Sarachaga

Definitely not a lizard
The Lord of The Rings was my favorite book when I was young!
Not that I don't love it now hehe

Rina_Lagartija

Even though my parents never read to me, they ensured that I love reading. I remember reading by myself books that my father had since he was a child, he had lots of fairy tales books with gorgeous illustrations, and my favorite story of them was "the snow queen" by Hans Christian Andersen. I can say I love morbid and horror stories because of them too, lol ("the red shoes" is a really f*cked up story :O).

MaelstromEyre

Slippery When Wet
The Prince of Whales by RL Fisher.

It's about a young humpback whale who sings in his sleep, and he's basically kicked out of his pod because the adults are afraid his singing will attract whaling ships.

He meets a sort of "spirit guide" - a little gold whale named Thes who sends him on a quest to find his "real" voice, and to fight the evil spirit that is using the whaling ships to destroy his kind.

It was a unique book - not many stories with whales as main characters.

WXYZ

No longer using this site
It was 2006. I was visiting my cousins, and they had this book called "The Phantom Tollbooth." I got a copy, and I never forgot about it ever since.

deadlysnoot

Lord of the Fries
The boxcar kids, every horse book I could find, and the Redwall series. I was super sad when I heard the author for that series died.