• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Borderlands

Samandriel Morningstar

The Morningstar
So what's everyone's opinion on Borderlands?
I had a good friend of mine surprise me with Borderlands 2 and I have to say it was pretty damn fun.
I haven't gotten a chance to play the other games yet and I already saw a play through of Tales From The Borderlands which seemed pretty damn good too.
My favorite characters are Moxxi,Handsome Jack and thanks to some reading I like Timothy [Jack's double] too.
I enjoyed playing as Axton.
The music and dialog was pretty enjoyable,Jack and the other characters had a good amount of funny and tear jerking moments..
I was almost crying at some points,which I wont ruin for anyone looking to still play it.
But yeah like I said up top,what's everyone else got to say on it?

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
Can't wait for the next one, even though I haven't actually played the Pre-Sequel yet.

It's Diablo-Loot-Crack to me.

Samandriel Morningstar

The Morningstar
Can't wait for the next one, even though I haven't actually played the Pre-Sequel yet.

It's Diablo-Loot-Crack to me.

The Pre-Sequel is up next for me,then I'm going to back track a bit and make sure I get everything else taken care of before getting along with anything else new or getting any of the download stuff.
I've totally got a Timothy cosplay in the works,I can't wait to cosplay him at the next convention in August,hopefully everything falls into place in time.

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
The Pre-Sequel is up next for me,then I'm going to back track a bit and make sure I get everything else taken care of before getting along with anything else new or getting any of the download stuff.
I've totally got a Timothy cosplay in the works,I can't wait to cosplay him at the next convention in August,hopefully everything falls into place in time.
Better get on that, then.
Deadlines have a way with creeping up on people ;)

Samandriel Morningstar

The Morningstar
Better get on that, then.
Deadlines have a way with creeping up on people ;)

Lol,I've got just about everything I need for Timothy so I'm not worried,I'm pretty set in my ways of early delivery for cosplay stuff.
As for catching up on Borderlands,I'm going to relish it and have fun just like I am in Borderlands 2 right now,I already beat it but I'm still doing all the various quests.

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
Lol,I've got just about everything I need for Timothy so I'm not worried,I'm pretty set in my ways of early delivery for cosplay stuff.
As for catching up on Borderlands,I'm going to relish it and have fun just like I am in Borderlands 2 right now,I already beat it but I'm still doing all the various quests.
First or second run?
Second playthrough adds a few new quests.

D

Deleted member 82554

Ehhh, it's not that good. It was somewhat unique at its time but I found the game way too repetitive.

lyar

Its not the human race, its just the human race
To be honest I couldn't get into Borderlands 2. I loved the story atleast the bit I played. I think its because of the classes, I didn't like any of them. I played the game wishing to be Roland or Brick instead.

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
BL1 was great
BL2 was even better
BL2: Assault on dragon's keep is worth an extra mention on how great it was.
Bl:The Pre sequel ruined everything and I can't bear to think how they could do that to the franchise. Worst and most unimaginative piece of BL gaming you can buy. I'd advise you to skip it entirely and stop at 2.
Featuring memetrap, and three other unintelligent people you didn't even care about with the most boring ultimates, in a world full of australians who try to be british and fuck up their speech, the map designs are sure to blow your socks off (with their dullness).
It felt like an overgrown DLC, no, it felt like a lacking DLC. In all fairness the pre-sequel brought nothing revolutionary to the table and only serves as a DLC platform and a cashgrab.

Azrion/Zhalo

The Felynes have arisen!
BL1 was great
BL2 was even better
BL2: Assault on dragon's keep is worth an extra mention on how great it was.
Bl:The Pre sequel ruined everything and I can't bear to think how they could do that to the franchise. Worst and most unimaginative piece of BL gaming you can buy. I'd advise you to skip it entirely and stop at 2.
Featuring memetrap, and three other unintelligent people you didn't even care about with the most boring ultimates, in a world full of australians who try to be british and fuck up their speech, the map designs are sure to blow your socks off (with their dullness).
It felt like an overgrown DLC, no, it felt like a lacking DLC. In all fairness the pre-sequel brought nothing revolutionary to the table and only serves as a DLC platform and a cashgrab.
How the hell did Pre-Sequel ruin everything? If nothing else, it greatly expanded on the story. So how could YOU talk about it like that?

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
How the hell did Pre-Sequel ruin everything? If nothing else, it greatly expanded on the story. So how could YOU talk about it like that?
After Pre-Sequel came out, people flocked to it for a while, then returned to Borderlands 2.
These numbers came from Steam, so it's obvious that people played it, but the majority returned to 2 for some reason or another.

Azrion/Zhalo

The Felynes have arisen!
After Pre-Sequel came out, people flocked to it for a while, then returned to Borderlands 2.
These numbers came from Steam, so it's obvious that people played it, but the majority returned to 2 for some reason or another.
One reason was because of non-respawnable bosses. People loved their farming, so they went back to BL2. Pre-Sequel didn't have nearly as much farming

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
One reason was because of non-respawnable bosses. People loved their farming, so they went back to BL2. Pre-Sequel didn't have nearly as much farming
Farming for loot is quintessential for loot-driven games.

It's like if Diablo 3 stopped respawning bosses after you were used to farming ubers in Diablo 2.

People would be pissed, even if Diablo 3 is (arguably) a better game.

Azrion/Zhalo

The Felynes have arisen!
Farming for loot is quintessential for loot-driven games.

It's like if Diablo 3 stopped respawning bosses after you were used to farming ubers in Diablo 2.

People would be pissed, even if Diablo 3 is (arguably) a better game.
Pretty much why people *ahem*Sarcastic Coffeecup*ahem* says the Pre-Sequel is horrible.

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
It really was upsetting.
The story was quite flat and quite frankly so poorly paced I lost an interest to it and never finished the game after me and my friend just decided it wasn't worth the effort. Plotholes were abundant too. The writing was sub-par and felt like a fanfic. The dialoque was a drag and no new character had anything interesting to them. They all felt flat and one dimensional.
Almost every voice actor was australian too, it was fun at first but then it was just super disappointing without variation and got old and annoying. There were the ultra annoying children too, the one scrapper "brit" kid who used the slang so wrong it was painful and the screaming high pitched lass over the radio I would've rather shot than helped.
It recycled 80% of its assets from Bl2, and served as a mere platform for fanservice to Cl4P-TP and Handsome Jack fans. Playable Claptrap ruined the character as the devs realized he was the most liked character and dumbed his personality into a one-liner spewing meme machine. "lol look im so randumb xDDdD lmao amirite?"
Handsome Jack's backstory was so underwhelming and the wimp version of him just ruined it for me. So much for legit insane person, dumbed down again.
The jetpacks didn't add anything interesting, and did the opposite. The map design went from cool and well designed for combat into a mess of wide open areas and nonsensical elevation differences. Any kind of fighting outside just went into jetpacking to avoid fire instead of taking cover from various places and nulled gameplay variation in that regard. The freedom of movement forced map design to look and feel really stupid. Speaking of which, the whole game felt like backtracking and going between 5 zones. The zones being vast areas of practically nothing as the devs just probably said "Fuck it, lets just give the players vehicles and not have anything useful for miles. Let them drive back and forth"
Balancing of combat went off the fucking roof and sometimes you'd face people super hard to kill or then it was just a curbstomp.
Graphics wise the game looked exactly like Bl2, and at times even worse. I don't know how that was possible with so much borrowed from the earlier installation, but it was a thing.

These, as well as for many others I don't remember as I haven't played the game in years, are the reasons I disliked the game.

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
Pretty much why people *ahem*Sarcastic Coffeecup*ahem* says the Pre-Sequel is horrible.
It really depends on what another's perspective of a game is.
Just like how I feel the Mario Brothers Movie was actually pretty good, even if the vast majority don't agree.

But instead of trying to be passive-aggressive with another user in response to me, perhaps it would be better if you two discuss it.

I don't want to be a third party in the goings on between two people here.

Azrion/Zhalo

The Felynes have arisen!
It really was upsetting.
The story was quite flat and quite frankly so poorly paced I lost an interest to it and never finished the game after me and my friend just decided it wasn't worth the effort. Plotholes were abundant too. The writing was sub-par and felt like a fanfic. The dialoque was a drag and no new character had anything interesting to them. They all felt flat and one dimensional.
Almost every voice actor was australian too, it was fun at first but then it was just super disappointing without variation and got old and annoying. There were the ultra annoying children too, the one scrapper "brit" kid who used the slang so wrong it was painful and the screaming high pitched lass over the radio I would've rather shot than helped.
It recycled 80% of its assets from Bl2, and served as a mere platform for fanservice to Cl4P-TP and Handsome Jack fans. Playable Claptrap ruined the character as the devs realized he was the most liked character and dumbed his personality into a one-liner spewing meme machine. "lol look im so randumb xDDdD lmao amirite?"
Handsome Jack's backstory was so underwhelming and the wimp version of him just ruined it for me. So much for legit insane person, dumbed down again.
The jetpacks didn't add anything interesting, and did the opposite. The map design went from cool and well designed for combat into a mess of wide open areas and nonsensical elevation differences. Any kind of fighting outside just went into jetpacking to avoid fire instead of taking cover from various places and nulled gameplay variation in that regard. The freedom of movement forced map design to look and feel really stupid. Speaking of which, the whole game felt like backtracking and going between 5 zones. The zones being vast areas of practically nothing as the devs just probably said "Fuck it, lets just give the players vehicles and not have anything useful for miles. Let them drive back and forth"
Balancing of combat went off the fucking roof and sometimes you'd face people super hard to kill or then it was just a curbstomp.
Graphics wise the game looked exactly like Bl2, and at times even worse. I don't know how that was possible with so much borrowed from the earlier installation, but it was a thing.

These, as well as for many others I don't remember as I haven't played the game in years, are the reasons I disliked the game.
Post is too long = invalid

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.

Azrion/Zhalo

The Felynes have arisen!
Come on, at least try
Alrighty. Gameplay wise, the only thing I hated was enemies with Incendiary Railguns or other powerful elemental weapons, burning to death constantly is funny, but annoying.

Loot wise, it lacked the farming that its predecessor had, but it's still Borderlands, many many guns to get.

The Lasers were a welcome addition, if not a bit unbalanced at times.

The story was the strongest of the series, worth a playthrough for any Borderlands fan.

End-game wise, the lack of farming greatly shortens this aspect.

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
Alrighty. Gameplay wise, the only thing I hated was enemies with Incendiary Railguns or other powerful elemental weapons, burning to death constantly is funny, but annoying.

Loot wise, it lacked the farming that its predecessor had, but it's still Borderlands, many many guns to get.

The Lasers were a welcome addition, if not a bit unbalanced at times.

The story was the strongest of the series, worth a playthrough for any Borderlands fan.

End-game wise, the lack of farming greatly shortens this aspect.
I agree with most of these but the story one. The story really was a poorly written one.
Lootwise it lacked a lot yeah and the fact you had to complete very tedious quests to get the best weapons was dull.
I liked it when you got alright weapons from quests but the truly nice ones were loot driven. It felt like you did a main quest and got the gun you need to finish the game very soon