• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Bra for Bat/Wyvern type character

Hey all. I'm new here and have a question regarding bat and wyvern style characters. Since their arms double as their wings, at least with how I'm drawing/imagining them, how would the females support their breasts? What kind of bra would work if any?
1559454251567959540078.jpg

quoting_mungo

Whether you need a bra at all will vary by breast size; I usually don't bother unless I'm wearing a top that looks like ass without (basically some of my "look nice" clothing) or am going to a dr's appointment where I expect to be taking my shirt off. And I'm not ludicrously flat-chested. But you can get some ideas googling for "backless bra" - some of the options for this one, for instance, look like they could work to pass below her wings. Or they could get tunnel piercings in their wing membranes if they're large-chested enough to really need extra support.

Last edited:
Thanks CrookedCroc. I actually like adding a bra to female characters without other clothes on since I like the look. Though I might draw some without anything on at some point. Still getting comfortable with drawing anatomy (even in semi stylized form).

Quoting_mungo Thanks for the link. I didnt even think of backless bras. All I ever wear are sports bras and i didnt know much, if anything, about fancier styles. I'll definitely use this style for some of my winged characters.

M

Massan Otter

Would wyverns even have breasts? That's usually a mammal thing, surely?

Skychickens

Late Healer Ferret
I second the halter top sort of thing.

AsheSkyler

Feathered Jester

quoting_mungo

@AsheSkyler @Massan Otter I feel like you may be overestimating just how painful piercings are. I had my nipples pierced last summer, and honestly I think I've had stubbed toes that hurt worse (if, admittedly, not for as long - it took a little while for the soreness from the initial piercing to go away, though no more than a day or two). And nipples are from what I understand up there for most painful piercings to get.

Whether getting wing piercings would be worth it would likely depend on chest size - after a certain point (and activity level) any discomfort from the piercings would likely be outweighed by the discomfort of boobs bouncing all over, I imagine. Goodness knows I don't like wearing a bra, but I'll put one on to get on a treadmill.

Though for a thing like wedding rings, I'd suspect a ring on a chain around the neck or something like bangles would be more likely.

AsheSkyler

Feathered Jester
@AsheSkyler @Massan Otter I feel like you may be overestimating just how painful piercings are. I had my nipples pierced last summer, and honestly I think I've had stubbed toes that hurt worse (if, admittedly, not for as long - it took a little while for the soreness from the initial piercing to go away, though no more than a day or two). And nipples are from what I understand up there for most painful piercings to get.

Whether getting wing piercings would be worth it would likely depend on chest size - after a certain point (and activity level) any discomfort from the piercings would likely be outweighed by the discomfort of boobs bouncing all over, I imagine. Goodness knows I don't like wearing a bra, but I'll put one on to get on a treadmill.

Though for a thing like wedding rings, I'd suspect a ring on a chain around the neck or something like bangles would be more likely.
It seems dangerous to pierce webbing for the sake of clothing. The point of tits are to feed young, and young like to yank down whatever's in the way when they're hungry, unless bra piercings are designed for a quick release to counteract that.

I don't wear bras so long as it's cool enough or I'm hydrated enough I can wear two layers. I have scar tissue in my ribs that are far more painful than any bouncing and bras are not designed for people with injuries.

HistoricalyIncorrect

Shekel collector
Honestly? While I love lingerie I would not mind to see her topless... all the time
*creepy and perverted chuckle*

Sam Akuchin Wamm

boob tube / sports bra

Z

Z-ro

I got only a bat character on my story
type of bra tho....I did not think about their clothing like....It's really complicated..

ryuukei8569

The Adorable Kurokuri
I've made things way too easy for my anthro's, as the vast majority of them dont have boobs at all. And the ones that do tend to be smaller than average compared to humans.

Z

Z-ro

I've made things way too easy for my anthro's, as the vast majority of them dont have boobs at all. And the ones that do tend to be smaller than average compared to humans.
Tell me about it, one of the sisters of my main characters is completely naked almost all the time

ryuukei8569

The Adorable Kurokuri
Tell me about it, one of the sisters of my main characters is completely naked almost all the time

well that also apples to the vast majority of my characters as well, most of them dont wear anything at all. But even if they did wear clothes, they wouldn't need bra's since the females are all flats (unless they are obese).

Spitfire110

Bersaglieri
Not enough love out there for flat girls. I appreciate em though, they got a certain appeal lol

Render

If you can lick it, it's probably safe
Banned
Hey all. I'm new here and have a question regarding bat and wyvern style characters. Since their arms double as their wings, at least with how I'm drawing/imagining them, how would the females support their breasts? What kind of bra would work if any? View attachment 63156
Have you considered a cross-top? Just a loop of material that goes behind the neck, crosses over the chest, and is secured to a belt. Quick edit to illustrate, I always assumed this or some variant would have to be worn by Wyverns
unknown.png

Last edited:
Z

Z-ro

well that also apples to the vast majority of my characters as well, most of them dont wear anything at all. But even if they did wear clothes, they wouldn't need bra's since the females are all flats (unless they are obese).
She is a badass tho, breaking an arm and then skull of his own brother just because, with a sole punch
well driven tho