• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Brawl Minus

Tybis

Me beautiful barnet!
So, this thread's for Smash Bros. Brawl Minus/general Brawl stuff (but mostly mods). But what's Brawl Minus? It's basically a mod for Brawl that makes every character crazy, but with balancing in mind. In Minus, everyone is overpowered, from Jigglypuff to Meta Knight.

The mottoes of Minus:
-"If it's broken, break it until it's fixed"
-"No move is useless"
-"WTF?LOL."

[video=youtube;W8AfA2gJStM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8AfA2gJStM[/video]

Mods, you gotta love 'em. Feel free to ask away.

NOTE: Don't start asking me for instructions on how to mod your own Wii. If you really must know, then use Google.

Last edited:

SirRob

It's a lot more flashy and fast-paced, that's for sure. I hope the next Smash Bros. is taken towards this direction, instead of going further down the path Brawl took from Melee.

Speaking of mods, I found a pretty interesting hack last night...

[yt]KzDLF9oIQL8[/yt]

Alastair Snowpaw

The Skull Paw
no he's amazing in brawl-
since he now has fast stuff like his jab is a legitimate jab, and he can legitimatly combo off his side-b that now has super armor. also his warlock kick is amazing now and he can easily stop poeple from recovering with it. also his foward arial is great now since it doesn't keep him there for days. he has a bunch of other stuff as well.

Ariosto

Out of curiosity, how has Peach improved? I know that her Down Smash got a Windbox and that her forward throw became as powerful as in melee, but what else?

Edit: Peach bomber can be cancelled by an airdodge, float or an aerial? Awesome!

Last edited:

Tybis

Me beautiful barnet!
It's a lot more flashy and fast-paced, that's for sure. I hope the next Smash Bros. is taken towards this direction, instead of going further down the path Brawl took from Melee.

If the next game goes even slower... ugh.

Flashy games like MvC3 are selling well for a reason, they're just more exciting. I hope Nintendo catches on to this.

And that video...
I somehow KNEW that Tails would be that annoying.
WOO!

I see Ganondorf is still terrible. :>

O_O He is the rape train. He can throw these huge energy balls (GANONDOKEN), and... maybe I'll just find a video for you.

Out of curiosity, how has Peach improved? I know that her Down Smash got a Windbox and that her forward throw became as powerful as in melee, but what else?

Edit: Peach bomber can be cancelled by an airdodge, float or an aerial? Awesome!

Maybe this video will help? It isn't the best example, but I can't find any good videos for Peach, so just bear with me.
Also, Peach Bomber goes farther and seems more powerful, she can float twice, a successful Toad-counter can be cancelled, dash attack can be cancelled, etc.
Just alot of things that may escape your notice the first time you look. Most changes seem to be buffs, but nothing as dramatic as Zelda.
(Zelda demonstration).
THAT RANGE.

Last edited:

Alastair Snowpaw

The Skull Paw
also her turnips got better and she can pull them out faster and use mroe of them. also she gets more items, like the flower weapon and a pitfall. basically the speed of her turnips is what makes her awesome now. there's also the fact she has great combos.

Vemus

I tried this mod awhile back, when I still played Brawl semi-religiously. It's a lot of fun and great break from the competitive scene. The whole "break everything until it's balanced" philosophy works nicely and makes for a good show of fireworks and everything going all over the place. Also, Super Falcon Punch.

Evan of Phrygia

WwwHhAaaAaTtTttTttTtT
I'm going to maybe look into this because I kind of hate Brawl now, need to make it more interesting

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer

Tybis

Me beautiful barnet!
I tried this mod awhile back, when I still played Brawl semi-religiously. It's a lot of fun and great break from the competitive scene. The whole "break everything until it's balanced" philosophy works nicely and makes for a good show of fireworks and everything going all over the place. Also, Super Falcon Punch.

Super Falcon Punch got nothing on that Falcon Knee!
I'm going to maybe look into this because I kind of hate Brawl now, need to make it more interesting
Dooo eeet. (and if you're ever clueless on how to set up any of those hacks, I could give advice, seeing as how I learned the hard way a lot.)

More vids. Just because.

Some stupidness
Link's arrows can kill
Wolf, Ike, and cancels!
Combos combos combos

Tybis

Me beautiful barnet!
I kinda quit normal brawl for Minus, it's more fun that way. I think they broke Zelda a little too much. I'll try out the 2X one in a bit, it's been ages since I've updated it.

Also Ike is boss.
If you're playing v2.1.1, the only thing "too much" about her is the absurd power of the Double Din's Fire. Besides that, she can be predictable.
Aaaand what do you mean by "2x"?