• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Brok the InvestiGator

Firuthi Dragovic

Gamer Dragon, former speedrunner
So.... adventure game and beat-em-up hybrid, huh? And right up our alley with the setting, too.

I don't think I know any other games that try to go for this specific combo yet.

Only spotted it due to someone doing a video on the deaths (honestly, would it be an adventure game WITHOUT decent remarks in the failure states?) Probably going to give the demo a try this weekend or something and see if I want to bother with its Kickstarter (which I have roughly until the end of January to bother with).

Anyone else tried it or have any thoughts of their own?

BennyJackdaw

Don't worry, I'm a friendly rat.
Honestly, the protagonist alone makes me want to play the game. There are not a lot of games that let you play as an alligator.

Firuthi Dragovic

Okay, so I tried it. The last time I liked adventure games was the Quest for Glory series... and this has that hybrid vibe WITHOUT the obtuse Sierra stuff. I actually have a chance of figuring things out for once! (No, seriously, I played the Sierra stuff back when it was new and I was NOT perceptive back then.)

I'm playing on Hardcore difficulty, though... and the combat is just about right. I actually kind of like it a bit unforgiving and Hardcore mode fits the bill.

Not going to say much more than that, other than I'm trying to do as many sidequests as I can. Probably talk more about it in a couple days.

I'll know for sure by Saturday whether I'm contributing to the Kickstarter. If I do it, the most I'll do is the physical copy tier. I am NOT shelling out over $100 to be featured in a game at this moment in time.

Firuthi Dragovic

So.... finished the prologue, will probably play it at least once more as I didn't quite complete every sidequest available. I got close.

Money in this demo is kinda tight if you want to deal with everything and I actually got a couple game overs from the fight sections. Mostly learning-curve stuff. Only renewable sources of money are the treasure-hunting minigame and the arena practice.

Speaking of the arena practice, there's a few audience members..... including a green kangaroo. Did Duncan get his hands on a shrink ray while we all weren't looking? No, seriously, if anyone knows any OTHER green kangaroos to alter this notion PLEASE let me know.

BennyJackdaw

Don't worry, I'm a friendly rat.
So.... finished the prologue, will probably play it at least once more as I didn't quite complete every sidequest available. I got close.

Money in this demo is kinda tight if you want to deal with everything and I actually got a couple game overs from the fight sections. Mostly learning-curve stuff. Only renewable sources of money are the treasure-hunting minigame and the arena practice.

Speaking of the arena practice, there's a few audience members..... including a green kangaroo. Did Duncan get his hands on a shrink ray while we all weren't looking? No, seriously, if anyone knows any OTHER green kangaroos to alter this notion PLEASE let me know.
I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted to be in a cameo for a different game after how awful it went with Kaiju Clash/Combat. I kind of feel bad for him.

Also, screenshots?

Firuthi Dragovic

I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted to be in a cameo for a different game after how awful it went with Kaiju Clash/Combat. I kind of feel bad for him.

Also, screenshots?
I'd... heard of what happened there. It was rough.

As for screenshots, I only got one of the arena on that first playthrough because I was focused on the gameplay. There's actually a few different spots where I want to get screenshots - in particular one of the spots in Shay's Garage that has such a blatant reference to 90s cartoons that even I spotted it. Earliest I'll get to it is this weekend most likely.