• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Bronies

Are Bronies Furries?

• Yes

Votes: 14 29.8%
  • No

Votes: 20 42.6%
  • Ur mum lol

Votes: 13 27.7%

• Total voters

SlyRiolu

A-veri Rood Roo
I don't see what's wrong with them can anyone tell me (except for the fact that most are men in that group that likes a pony show). From what I know My Little Pony's fandom is somewhat of a subcategory to furries since bronies like anthropomorphic ponies.

O

Okami_No_Heishi

I don't have any problems with Bronies. As a Furry myself, who the fuck am I to judge another about what kind of cute animals they like? I love wolves, both real and anthro. They like cute cartoony horses. Not a big difference in my book.

D

Deleted member 82554

From what I know those that do have a problem with bronies is because of the overlap of both fandoms and how each side tries to justify how they interconnect. Bronies are known to be a little more temperamental and cringy too, but that's debatable.

SlyRiolu

A-veri Rood Roo
Bronies are weird and then I realized that how I view bronies is exactly the same as normal people view furries.

Thanks to bronies I became self aware

But I still don't like bronies
I didn't know bronies were described like furries even that C.S.I episode stuff? I wonder how that came to be.

Mikazuki Marazhu

I hate you all
Well, there is the classic. “M’lady” *tips hat*
Cringy, brony, neckbeard stereotype :rolleyes:
images (7).jpeg

I

Infrarednexus

I honestly don't mind if bronies wan't to hang out with us in our fandom. They may be cringy but furries can be to. I just don't think being a brony automatically makes you a furry too.

Mikazuki Marazhu

I hate you all
I'd make a jab about how brony pepperonis are weird, but then I realized a normie could say the same thing about me.
Kind of sad because there was this one Guildmate who used play World of Warcraft with me. He's a cute muscular bear, overall 10/10 would fuck.
Learned that he likes bronies but also learned that he would only date fellow bronies

......Fuck!

I

Infrarednexus

I actually knew three people in real life who were bronies. The first two were in highschool. One of them was my friend who was a little weird but a really good artist with a goofy sense of humor. He enjoyed MLP and got me into watching the show for a little bit. The other was this obese miscreant in my art class who was so vocal about being a brony that everyone was sick of it. One day he made some explicit art that our art teacher got a look at and he banished him to the principals office.

The other brony I met was when I was in community college. He was a skateboarder like me who was both a brony and a furry. He was one of the coolest guys I ever met. Lots of good memories with him.

There just like furries. Some are goofy, some are demented sociopaths, and some are really cool people.

TrishaCat

The Cat in the FAF
Bronies aren't furries
Furries are fans of anthropomorphic animals. Bronies are fans of MLP:FiM. Liking a cartoon doesn't mean you're a fan of anthropomorphic animals in general, even if the cartoon features animal characters.
Also Fluttershy is best pone

O

Okami_No_Heishi

The war of fuzziness. Furries think THEY are the fuzziest! Bronies think THEY are the fuzziest!

O

Okami_No_Heishi

Bronies aren't furries
Furries are fans of anthropomorphic animals. Bronies are fans of MLP:FiM. Liking a cartoon doesn't mean you're a fan of anthropomorphic animals in general, even if the cartoon features animal characters.
Also Fluttershy is best pone
MLP do exhibit human like characteristics though, right?

TrishaCat

The Cat in the FAF
MLP do exhibit human like characteristics though, right?
Yeah. They talk, work and live in normalish jobs and houses, wear clothes, use similar tools, sometimes make human hand gestures with their hooves, sit like normal humans in some cases, etc.
They're sort of anthropomorphic to be sure. It's just, even if you're fond of these characters and interactions, it's not the same as being fond of anthropomorphic animals in a general sense. Basically it's too specific.

Yakamaru

Bara mig och lite bensin
Ah, Bronies.

I used to be one. I don't really care for the franchise anymore, but MLP: FiM is a pretty good show.

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
I do think Bronies and furries being a little more separated would save a few headaches.

Yer gonna have to get some hoove spanks on yer butt, HARD, son, for them words!

No need to have to be all so separate, especially a girly fox, like you!

I'll teach you and your butt that that friendship is magic. That rump is gonna be the color of Pinkie Pie!

Last edited:

Skychickens

Late Healer Ferret
I think there’s a gray area. Technically I think they are at least a subset, just like the lion king or warriors cats fandoms. However it’s a label. You don’t have to call yourself what you don’t want to.

*pushes boxes of pony toys out of the way*