• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Bruno Mars' mom passed away

MaverickHunterDBoy

Maverick Hunter D-Boy reporting!
If you hadn't heard the news already, Bruno Mars' mom died of a brain aneurysm at age 55.

Please keep Bruno Mars and his family in your thoughts and prayers.

Grimfang999

Well it sucks to be him... but it sucks to be part of the 925 million people starving in the world, including the 2.6million children who die from it each year, it sucks for the 200000 people who die of cancer per year, and it sucks for all the people in Africa, the middle east, and Asia who lack the civil and political rights to leave as a peaceful human being without being oppressed by their governments, militant groups, or market forces.

But obviously our prayers should be out to that one person.

Ok Im being too harsh any loss of human life is important as another, and it is fair to be sad about one persons death, but it ticks me off that there are so many people suffering in this world and nobody gives a shit but as soon as a celebrity has something happen to them everyone is suddenly crying their eyes out.

Last edited:

PsychicOtter

Otter Missionary
While this is very sad, this kind of thing happens all the time to everyone. Just because I've heard of him and he's very famous doesn't mean I should feel any extra emotion for his personal life.

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
Don't know the person, nor do I care.
I know Bruno Mars, and I am not a fan of his.
Sure, cancer sucks, but a thread devoted to Bruno Mars' momma? Nah.
Go post this to some musical forums where people actually care about celebrities' life.

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
Well it sucks to be him... but it sucks to be part of the 925 million people starving in the world, including the 2.6million children who die from it each year, it sucks for the 200000 people who die of cancer per year, and it sucks for all the people in Africa, the middle east, and Asia who lack the civil and political rights to leave as a peaceful human being without being oppressed by their governments, militant groups, or market forces.
In other words, "you're not allowed to be sad about these sorts of things because there are people in the world who have it worse off than that one guy".

I don't particularly care for Bruno Mars but these types of people piss me off so much.

DMAN14

The wettest wolf
My 20 year old friend died last month, my swim coach's 11 year old niece who would help coach and was awesome died last week. Arielle, who was so much fun and full of life and died at 11, deserves a thread more than bruno mars's mom

Rigby

Diaperfurs 4 Lyfe

*"Angel" by Sarah McLachlan softly plays in the background*

Corto

Oh c'mon I'm fine with creating threads when someone important dies, every once in a while (unless a bunch of important people die close together I suppose), but this is just fucking ridiculous. Who in the loving world gives half a damn about Bruno Mars' mom dying? This is stupid.

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
I don't get it.
First of all, who is that guy?
Second of all, yes, this is sad. Very very sad. But it is just as sad when a random guy across the street loses his mom in the same way.

He is a celebraty, not some sort of god-emperor whom we all have to worship.

All in all, yes it's sad. Do I care? Yes. Do I care just because he is famous and should it make me care more because of that? Shit no. And I think you are a MASSIVE tool if this does make you care more.

Zabrina

Awoken
I am quite saddened to hear this. Although Bruno's music makes me want to jab myself in the uterus with a frying pan.

AlexInsane

I does what I says on the box.
For God's sake, it was some woman, not Princess bloody Diana.

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake

I don't get why the death of Diana is supposedly so much more tragic than the death of any other person who died in an accident.
Tell me guys, how many busses full of dead children is Diana worth?

Seekrit

I don't get why the death of Diana is supposedly so much more tragic than the death of any other person who died in an accident.

But Di was a princess, she was obviously more important than the peasantry. Clearly and justifiably so :v

AshleyAshes

Arcade Snowmew Of Doom

Considering her advocacy, in particular against abandoned landmines in former regions of conflict, of which are most often the victim of, I'd say she saved numerous busses worth of dead children actually...

Dreaming

That suggests that Diana's life is more valuable due to her title and popularity??

Dying is just a fact of life, it's one of the few things you can say will happen with certainty, still 55 is awfully soon. I can't really properly mourn her death, I don't know who she was, I don't even know her name, but it's good to at least acknowledge her... as my mom would say, you're never truly dead as long as someone remembers you

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
Considering her advocacy, in particular against abandoned landmines in former regions of conflict, of which are most often the victim of, I'd say she saved numerous busses worth of dead children actually...

I am not denying that she was a great person. But no matter how great or how terrible you are, the death of another human being is always equally tragic in my opinion.

PastryOfApathy

Well she was literal royalty. It's the same reason the recent royal wedding was so much more important than the mechanic next door's wedding.

Rigby

Diaperfurs 4 Lyfe

Seven, that's about five buses full of kittens. That's a lot of kittens.

Mikhal18

Best. Custom User Title. Ever.
Oh c'mon I'm fine with creating threads when someone important dies, every once in a while (unless a bunch of important people die close together I suppose), but this is just fucking ridiculous. Who in the loving world gives half a damn about Bruno Mars' mom dying? This is stupid.
Oh, now Corto's pissed. Someone fucked up.

I am quite saddened to hear this. Although Bruno's music makes me want to jab myself in the uterus with a frying pan.
Why do you always make me spill my drinks? D:

Who?
I guess most of you people Furries don't know... But... her true name was Mercedes Del Pilar (those who understand / speak Spanish will get it.).

Last edited:

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
Well she was literal royalty. It's the same reason the recent royal wedding was so much more important than the mechanic next door's wedding.

Which is total bullshit. I don't ge this whole concept of celebraties anyway.

PastryOfApathy

Which is total bullshit. I don't ge this whole concept of celebraties anyway.

People are infatuated with the lives of people who we think are more interesting than us. That's why boring housewives and homestuck teenagers are the most in to celebrity gossip, their lives are boring.