• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Buried regrets!

Kuroserama

Just a fox.
Most of us have all had regrets in our lives. But have you had any of those obscure regrets that probably really aren't a big deal? Or maybe you have some big ones you'd like to share.

What regrets of yours come to mind?

One of my odd, old regrets is that a few years ago my grandmother and I were looking around a craft fair. We got separated while looking around and I spent a good 15 minutes walking up and down aisles looking for her. When I finally found her, I was in a bit of a mood but tried to shrug it off. She was in the middle of purchasing this handmade item for me. It was the top half of a teddy bear (complete with dress and hat) and the bottom portion was a hidden bag where you could store stuff.

I'm a big lover of stuffed animals so I had trouble deciding how I felt about a teddy bear having been dismantled. The little elderly woman who had made it said, “Aw, she's not excited about it.” And I tried assure her I did in fact like it, “No no, I think that'll be really handy. It's very cute!”

In my mind's memory, I feel like she still looked sad. And even though we did buy it, I cannot help but wonder if she never made another because I didn't seem too enthusiastic. And she'll never know that I actually do really like my little handmade keepsake bear.

My moral I learned: even small actions / responses may have consequences and I should be more aware of those around me.

sleepy kitty

Purrfect hair forever! :)
When I was 19, I had a dream where I was in bed and a rabbit was asking me to sit next to her, patting the empty seat area. The rabbit's voice sounded like my Gran-Gran's voice. I thought it was weird, but sometimes my dreams are weird so I thought it was just a weird dream. I said no, that I was too tired. I closed my eyes for five seconds, but then got a feeling that I should look at the rabbit again. The rabbit was screaming silently and was holding either their chest or their abdomen, then dropped dead just like that. Then, I saw an image of a skeleton in a cloak appear. I asked the skeleton, "Who are you???" (This sort of stuff doesn't really scare me that easilly). He replied, "Grim Reaper!!" Then I heard another, eviler voice say, "Devil" and that second voice scared me so bad I forced myself awake. I then forgot about the dream. A month later, my Gran-Gran dies of an abdominal aortic aneurysm. I suddenly remembered my dream and I thought with dread that the dreams might of been connected. So, I told my mom about it, and she told me that my Pop-Pop's nickname for Gran-Gran was "Rabbit".

I wish I could've realized that the dream was an omen so I could of warned Gran-Gran. Maybe she'd still be alive today if I looked more into the dream, but I didn't and it makes me feel awful.

Kuroserama

Just a fox.
When I was 19, I had a dream where I was in bed and a rabbit was asking me to sit next to her, patting the empty seat area. The rabbit's voice sounded like my Gran-Gran's voice. I thought it was weird, but sometimes my dreams are weird so I thought it was just a weird dream. I said no, that I was too tired. I closed my eyes for five seconds, but then got a feeling that I should look at the rabbit again. The rabbit was screaming silently and was holding either their chest or their abdomen, then dropped dead just like that. Then, I saw an image of a skeleton in a cloak appear. I asked the skeleton, "Who are you???" (This sort of stuff doesn't really scare me that easilly). He replied, "Grim Reaper!!" Then I heard another, eviler voice say, "Devil" and that second voice scared me so bad I forced myself awake. I then forgot about the dream. A month later, my Gran-Gran dies of an abdominal aortic aneurysm. I suddenly remembered my dream and I thought with dread that the dreams might of been connected. So, I told my mom about it, and she told me that my Pop-Pop's nickname for Gran-Gran was "Rabbit".

I wish I could've realized that the dream was an omen so I could of warned Gran-Gran. Maybe she'd still be alive today if I looked more into the dream, but I didn't and it makes me feel awful.
Aw..... that's so sad... I'm really sorry. I know that must be quite the burden to carry now.

Hindsight is always 20/20. I know my words aren't going to quell that feeling but I honestly do not think there would be anything you could do, even if you had known it was an omen. Aneurysms tend to happen so quickly.. Try not to beat yourself up as I'm sure your Gran-Gran wouldn't want that.

sleepy kitty

Purrfect hair forever! :)
Aw..... that's so sad... I'm really sorry. I know that must be quite the burden to carry now.

Hindsight is always 20/20. I know my words aren't going to quell that feeling but I honestly do not think there would be anything you could do, even if you had known it was an omen. Aneurysms tend to happen so quickly.. Try not to beat yourself up as I'm sure your Gran-Gran wouldn't want that.
Thank you for your kind, comforting words... My mom said the same thing and that aneurysms can't really be stopped. I think... maybe the dream showed that I didn't spend enough time with her and that I wasn't going to have any more chances to spend any time with her for the rest of my life.

But thank you... Your reply made me feel a lot better ♡

Erix

>‿‿◕
I regret not hanging with my dad more often before he passed. I feel like I never really hung out with him, and at the end of the day, he always let me do what I wanted to do. Now that I’m older and, well, have a greater understanding of things, I really do feel like I took my dads time for granted back then. That’s one thing Id want to change if anything

Kuroserama

Just a fox.
I regret not hanging with my dad more often before he passed. I feel like I never really hung out with him, and at the end of the day, he always let me do what I wanted to do. Now that I’m older and, well, have a greater understanding of things, I really do feel like I took my dads time for granted back then. That’s one thing Id want to change if anything
If only we could go back to our younger, more naïve years with our wisdom... There's a quote I try to remember now that I'm an adult: "Spend time with those you love. One of these days you will say either, "I wish I had," or "I'm glad I did."
But I think your dad letting you do your own thing was probably his way of showing his love. My grandmother always tells me how happy she is when I'm spending time with friends or doing something I really enjoy.

We'll always want more time with our loved ones, and I don't think we ever really appreciate something until it's gone. But our parents also know that part their kids growing up is them doing their own thing and finding themselves.

Sam Akuchin Wamm

no regrets.

Epictits follower.

Player

A (Genocidal) crusader protogen with powers

Something alike to that happened to me last week, i hd this terrible feeling in my body like something bad was gonna happen, one of my best friends were going on a boat And i think the driver wasn't paying attention and they crashed...
i am not gonna say what happened next...

Adrian Gordon

I regret working for Russia's counter-intelligence department during the cold war.
I don't regret my ideals of supporting my country, but i also don't believe that was what i was doing in such an occupation.
I was deceived by wealthy people standing on a pyramid of my peers.
They spoke of community but acted towards dominion.
Screw those in power, in all countries, support the people, we're in it together.
THAT is true communism, not the crap the polititions were spinning in Russia.
THAT was nothing but a dictatorship and in that capitolism is all too similar.

hologrammaton

『RBT.EXE』
VAPORGRAM1621100674371.jpg

Yakamaru

Very Speshul Title

dragon-in-sight

mane diva
There are many things I regret.

-That I wasted half of my life going a way that wasn't mine
-That I didn't started earlier to care for my diet.
-That I never had any feelings for someone
-That I wasn't able to save my father from his addiction
-That I wasn't able to keep my family together
-That I never had a youth

But reghrets are a part of life. And tho the past can't be changed, we can work to grow past the old wounds. Making better decisions for the future, while carrying past sins with dignity.

kelliegator

I regret selling all those metal CDs and vinyls all those years ago but I was short on money and had convinced myself I was "done" with metal at the time, so that's why I did it. But I really want some of those records back. Bleh.

Xitheon

I may be mad but I'm perfectly good at it.
I regret giving up my parrots.

I used to keep birds. My best friend for a long time was a tiny blue parrotlet (Forpus species.) I also had Amazon parrots and parakeets, but the parrotlet, Molly, was special. I bought her from a pet shop in London and hand-tamed her myself. She used to snuggle up to my neck, holding onto my shirt and pressing herself close to my heart.

I am mentally ill (frequently depressed and occasionally psychotic) and after a while I couldn't cope with my parrots. I had to surrender them to a rescue charity. It was for the best and they're happier now, with their own kind. I think Molly even has a mate of her own species and lives in a colony.

I still think about them every day and sometimes I can't stop crying. I've loved parrots my entire life.

Love you, Molly. You're still my best girl.

1541199167.xitheon_img_1866__2_.jpg

Sam Akuchin Wamm

I regret working for Russia's counter-intelligence department during the cold war.
I don't regret my ideals of supporting my country, but i also don't believe that was what i was doing in such an occupation.
I was deceived by wealthy people standing on a pyramid of my peers.
They spoke of community but acted towards dominion.
Screw those in power, in all countries, support the people, we're in it together.
THAT is true communism, not the crap the polititions were spinning in Russia.
THAT was nothing but a dictatorship and in that capitolism is all too similar.
this is like straight out of a superhero comic