• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Buy new zelda game on either Gamecube or Wii

what kind of reasoning is that? people will most likely get the gc version just cuz you are? i'm getting the wii version cuz it will play better with the motion sensors than without. they both have same graphics quality so the only difference is the motion sensors the wii uses.
 

Hanazawa

Would Like To Play a Game
I've seen videos of the bow and arrow shooting mechanism with the wii, and it looks like the GC controls might be marginally easier XD

I won't get either because I suck at that kind of game :T (I'm decent at the handheld Zelda games, though <3 )
 
I guess it depends on if I get Wii or not. Either way, I need to get it on launch's day, and I'm sure it'll be fun either way, on Gamecube or Wii, really. *shrug*
 

Silver R. Wolfe

Wuffamute Extraordinaire!
SevenFisher said:
I guess it depends on if I get Wii or not. Either way, I need to get it on launch's day, and I'm sure it'll be fun either way, on Gamecube or Wii, really. *shrug*

Though launch day for the GC version will be three weeks after the Wii version.
 
silverwolfe said:
SevenFisher said:
I guess it depends on if I get Wii or not. Either way, I need to get it on launch's day, and I'm sure it'll be fun either way, on Gamecube or Wii, really. *shrug*

Though launch day for the GC version will be three weeks after the Wii version.

...I need a hug...*cries*.

*sigh* Now it makes me want Wii more, although I can't afford it. -_- Maybe I should start saving now, although it'd be hard since I'm huge spender... and its only two months away till it arrives in UK. x.x
 

Jon L.

New Member
blackdragoon said:
what kind of reasoning is that? people will most likely get the gc version just cuz you are? i'm getting the wii version cuz it will play better with the motion sensors than without. they both have same graphics quality so the only difference is the motion sensors the wii uses.
Are you sure about that? I thought the graphics for the Wii version were to be marginally better.
 

Hyenaworks

Oh Derpy! That's not a letter
Wii + Game = $310
Game = $60

I'm willing to give up motion sensor to get it on GC.
 

Aikon

Member
Jon L. said:
Are you sure about that? I thought the graphics for the Wii version were to be marginally better.

The only "upgrade" in graphics is the wii version runs at 16x9, with no other difference at all between the versions.

Hyenaworks said:
Wii + Game = $310
Game = $60

I'm willing to give up motion sensor to get it on GC.

All games for the Wii will be $50 not $60. I believe that's inclusive of third-party as well.
 
Aikon said:
All games for the Wii will be $50 not $60. I believe that's inclusive of third-party as well.

Q: First-party games will be $49.99. Will third parties price at $59.99?

A: We encourage third parties to price appropriately.


and

The Big N confirmed that it would charge $49.99 for its new Wii games, which is $10 cheaper than the cost of typical Xbox 360 titles. (Please note that this price is for first-party games; prices have not been announced for third-party Wii games -- publishers are free to set their own prices on Wii titles.)

That's how it stood at IGN. In reality, there is a leanway of 10 Dollars (or Euros) in game pricing (as i read it from the Euro launch details) so yes, 3rd party is capable of asking $60 if they feel the games are worth that.
 

Bokracroc

Bokra, come out to pla-ay
Screw you. Most 360 games here are $100+
 

Aikon

Member
Killy the Fox said:
Q: First-party games will be $49.99. Will third parties price at $59.99?

A: We encourage third parties to price appropriately. [/color]

and

The Big N confirmed that it would charge $49.99 for its new Wii games, which is $10 cheaper than the cost of typical Xbox 360 titles. (Please note that this price is for first-party games; prices have not been announced for third-party Wii games -- publishers are free to set their own prices on Wii titles.)

That's how it stood at IGN. In reality, there is a leanway of 10 Dollars (or Euros) in game pricing (as i read it from the Euro launch details) so yes, 3rd party is capable of asking $60 if they feel the games are worth that.

True, I wasn't sure if Ninty was mandating a price for third-parties or not. But, if you listen to what Ninty says they'll make you believe that Wii games are much cheaper and easier to develop for than the PS3 or 360. I can't comment on that, but if true I'd think that many third-parties will keep their pricing competative with first party games.
 
Aikon said:
True, I wasn't sure if Ninty was mandating a price for third-parties or not. But, if you listen to what Ninty says they'll make you believe that Wii games are much cheaper and easier to develop for than the PS3 or 360. I can't comment on that, but if true I'd think that many third-parties will keep their pricing competitive with first party games.

That probably why the big N wants them to "price appropriately". But yeah, the fact that the Wii doesn't have anywhere near the graphical quality the 360 or PS3 will show it's only logical and fair to make the games not to expensive.

Heck, if they are going to remake Cube games and just keep the graphics the same yet add a lil bit of content/Wiimote/online capability I personal hope on a price of $40 a game. Would seem only fair.
 

Silver R. Wolfe

Wuffamute Extraordinaire!
RE:       Buy new zelda game on either Gamecube or Wii

Killy the Fox said:
Aikon said:
True, I wasn't sure if Ninty was mandating a price for third-parties or not.  But, if you listen to what Ninty says they'll make you believe that Wii games are much cheaper and easier to develop for than the PS3 or 360.  I can't comment on that, but if true I'd think that many third-parties will keep their pricing competitive with first party games.

That probably why the big N wants them to "price appropriately". But yeah, the fact that the Wii doesn't have anywhere near the graphical quality the 360 or PS3 will show it's only logical and fair to make the games not to expensive.

Heck, if they are going to remake Cube games and just keep the graphics the same yet add a lil bit of content/Wiimote/online capability I personal hope on a price of $40 a game. Would seem only fair.

But $40 is sooo last gen.
 

Span_Wolf

Member
The Wii controlls will be moderately looser due to the floaty and open nature they represent so the game will actually be made slightly easier to compensate.
 

Hyenaworks

Oh Derpy! That's not a letter
Aikon said:
Hyenaworks said:
Wii + Game = $310
Game = $60

I'm willing to give up motion sensor to get it on GC.

All games for the Wii will be $50 not $60. I believe that's inclusive of third-party as well.


Let me rephrase.

Wii+Game+Wiimote = $340
Game = $50

:| Well, even less reason to get it on the Wii.
 

Span_Wolf

Member
Hyenaworks said:
Aikon said:
Hyenaworks said:
Wii + Game = $310
Game = $60

I'm willing to give up motion sensor to get it on GC.

All games for the Wii will be $50 not $60. I believe that's inclusive of third-party as well.


Let me rephrase.

Wii+Game+Wiimote = $340
Game = $50

:| Well, even less reason to get it on the Wii.
Actually the system comes with the remote/nunchuck combination.
 

Hyenaworks

Oh Derpy! That's not a letter
Span_Wolf said:
Hyenaworks said:
Aikon said:
Hyenaworks said:
Wii + Game = $310
Game = $60

I'm willing to give up motion sensor to get it on GC.

All games for the Wii will be $50 not $60. I believe that's inclusive of third-party as well.


Let me rephrase.

Wii+Game+Wiimote = $340
Game = $50

:| Well, even less reason to get it on the Wii.
Actually the system comes with the remote/nunchuck combination.

I heard recently the Wiimote and the Nunchuck are going to be add-ons at $40 and $20 respectively.
 

Span_Wolf

Member
Hyenaworks said:
Span_Wolf said:
Hyenaworks said:
Aikon said:
Hyenaworks said:
Wii + Game = $310
Game = $60

I'm willing to give up motion sensor to get it on GC.

All games for the Wii will be $50 not $60. I believe that's inclusive of third-party as well.


Let me rephrase.

Wii+Game+Wiimote = $340
Game = $50

:| Well, even less reason to get it on the Wii.
Actually the system comes with the remote/nunchuck combination.

I heard recently the Wiimote and the Nunchuck are going to be add-ons at $40 and $20 respectively.
That's if you want more of them.. You don't Sell systems without any method of playing them for the love of..
 

izartist

King o' the bushy tails
I plan on getting it on the cube even though I plan on getting a Wii. I just like having a solid controller in my hand as opposed to a Wiimote for this type of game. I hope the Wii will have a type of controller like the gamecubes for those of us who aren't quite so sure aobut a wiimote.
 

Foxstar

lol reggin
System is 250 with a Wiimote, nunchuck and game. So it would be $300 for the system and Zelda. I'm getting a Wii, just got mine pre-ordered today, no line camping and crap for me.
 
S

shinigami-whistle

Guest
I'll be getting the gamecube version only becuase I know I won't have the money to buy a Wii ANYTIME soon. I have to many other pricey things I need to save up for first (a tablet, new monitors, various other games I've been wanting, etc etc.)
 
Rouge2 said:
Why get the Wii Version, when you can play the Gamecube Version on the Wii anyway.

Because unlike with the Gamecube version, with the Wii you can actually slash with the Wii-mote, shoot your bow n'arrows with the Wii-mote, and even fish.

I've already got my Wii system, along with Zelda, a few other games, and an extra controller set reserved and paid off in full. Now to just wait a month, one...long..month n.n;
 
Top