• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

buying a tablet, need help'z.

Jw

PINEAPPLE ACCOMPLISHED
If you're looking for dependable, go for Wacom Bamboo Pen-- it's pretty much all you need as a beginner, and it'll run you somewhere around $60-70. You can get a Bamboo Touch+Pen for roughly $100.
http://www.wacom.com/bamboo/bamboo_pen.php

I have Bamboo Pen, and I can't really be any more satisfied with it than I already am. You can buy bigger and better if you still want later. But it's a nice starter, no doubt.

Stargazer Bleu

2b forgot is worse than death
I got a fantastic deal on a intuos4.
I was going to get a bamboo pen+touch that was about 100.

I heard a lot of people say the bamboo is great to start off on.
I only got the intuos4 cause I was able to get for same price.

PseudoFluff

I personally liked My Genius MousePen 8X6, more then the Wacom Bamboo Fun 4X6 I have now.
It seemed to be more responsive and the extra drawing space didn't hurt either.

Don't get me wrong I like my Wacom just fine, but I really miss my older bigger tablet, and had I paid more the $45 for the bamboo I would have been pretty upset.

Jw

PINEAPPLE ACCOMPLISHED

That's an incredible deal you got.
*Wants to kick you out of pure jealousy right now*.

Saintversa

Can't keep a good dog down
I personally liked My Genius MousePen 8X6, more then the Wacom Bamboo Fun 4X6 I have now.

Don't get me wrong I like my Wacom just fine, but I really miss my older bigger tablet, and had I paid more the $45 for the bamboo I would have been pretty upset.

Genius MousePen 8X6???? how much did that cost?

PseudoFluff

Genius MousePen 8X6???? how much did that cost?

If I remember correctly it was round $50 or so, but that was nearly 3 years ago, so it's probably gone down in price or been replaced by a newer model by now.
I'd check amazon, they tend to have some pretty good deals if you're willing to take the time to research them.

Saintversa

Can't keep a good dog down
If I remember correctly it was round $50 or so, but that was nearly 3 years ago, so it's probably gone down in price or been replaced by a newer model by now.
I'd check amazon, they tend to have some pretty good deals if you're willing to take the time to research them.

:eek: thank you so much.. il check it out, along with the wacom bamboo pen, im just looking for something that i can rely on and that wont cost me a whole pay check. XP

Cratia

you could always get the bamboo fun, those are like... $70 and perfectly adequate.

G

Greykitty

you can find nice used graphires on ebay for $40-60. I got one that works great and came with two pens and a mouse for $55. Really good buy. :) And the graphire is what I started out with, I recommend it. :)

Blue Frost

The Wacom Bamboo Fun is what I have and it works great. It was like $70 or $80. I've used it almost every day for over a year. Very reliable. Plus, it's a big reliable brand. It's pretty small, but you really don't need anything too big. Bigger just means more expensive.

For your first tablet I would suggest this one.

Cratia

The Wacom Bamboo Fun is what I have and it works great. It was like $70 or $80. I've used it almost every day for over a year. Very reliable. Plus, it's a big reliable brand. It's pretty small, but you really don't need anything too big. Bigger just means more expensive.

For your first tablet I would suggest this one.

agreed, my best friend uses it for her commissions... and holy crap, you're from KC, that's where I grew up, HIGH FIVE!!!!!!!!!

Kuraggo

Ultrakill

I have one of those as well, it cost me like $50 and I bought it like 3 years ago justs like you, I think it's a pretty good first tablet, definitely much better than the mouse, and even though I'm trying to save for a medium sized wacom now, if you're looking for a medium sized tablet that won't cost you a kidney I say go for it.

Zenia

I am gonna suggest anything by WACOM as others have also suggested. You can even go the route I did and buy a used one off of eBay. I have a GraphireET that I bought over 10 years ago and still use today.

Smelge

Hey, Assbutt
Sorry for the silly question, but I was spying in on the forum.

What's RSI? o;

It's like CSI but for rape.

If you buy Wacom, have a look around their webstore. Depending on where you live, they have a used/refurbished section with good as new, fully warrantied tablets at discount.

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public

D-Bit

Same here! Love it!

Also, I had a hell of a time getting used to tablet. I bought mine about 3 years
ago and used it, hated it, then let it set around for three years and just tried
it out determined to get used to it... now I can't imagine life without it!