• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Buying: Inexpensive Wacom Tablet

For the last few years, I've been using an ancient Wacom Sapphire 6x8, which has suited me well.

Well, TL;DR, it finally packed in on me today. It's been kind of buggy lately, and now it won't even register as being plugged in.

I'm looking for something similar in size and design. I don't need extra menus and buttons and junk. Just a tablet that draws, has pressure sensitivity, preferably Wacom (since I've got a billion nibs that fit their pens), and has a friendly working relationship with SAI.

Looking to spend around $100, but am slightly flexible on that. Willing to barter or trade art and/or supplies.

Lobar

The hell am I reading, here?
If that were another brand that I'd recognised, I might be less... wary of it. But my last off-brand tablet was a bloody nightmare.

Mechanizor

I recently got a wacom bamboo on amazon. It's a perfect little size, works great, and won't break the bank.

I've not heard good things about the Bamboo. I'm really looking for something closer to the Graphire line, because it works for exactly the sort of thing I need it for. The Bamboo is tiny, at not even 6x4 inches.

Lobar

The hell am I reading, here?
If that were another brand that I'd recognised, I might be less... wary of it. But my last off-brand tablet was a bloody nightmare.

I own the 10x6.25" one and have had no issues, if that helps (though I use Gimp, not SAI).

Taralack

Hit 'em right between the eyes
I've not heard good things about the Bamboo. I'm really looking for something closer to the Graphire line, because it works for exactly the sort of thing I need it for. The Bamboo is tiny, at not even 6x4 inches.

I've not heard good things about it either, from people who do a higher standard of art than the masses who frequent this forum. (no offense to anyone) You may have to look into investing in an Intuos.

Thaily

I tried two different non-Wacom pads and nothing has ever been as satisfying as a proper Wacom, they just have better support, support their products longer than other brands and have so many more levels of pressure sensitivity it's not even funny.
I've had second hand Wacom without any problems though, my previous one lasted years; boyfriend got it from a workplace where a woman had insisted she had to have a Wacom for her poor widdle wrist and then used it twice before leaving it to gather dust.

My bf has a small Bamboo, the Bamboo Touch, and I take it with me if I need to use a Wacom elsewhere. I have no complaints. A Bamboo is a fine choice.

Aden

Play from your ****ing HEART
If you're a student, have you checked out educational discount websites?

Volkodav

Dad****er
Look for "Wacom Bamboo Fun"
AFAIK it's around 100$ and works with SAI [I own it. I just dont remmeber how much I spent]

Nicole1725

I use a small Intuos3 and prefer it to the Graphire line. The only thing that I don't like about it is how the wire connects to the tablet. I have to have it taped in place otherwise it will move around. I don't want it to have a short because my warranty expired a number of years ago. To replace the wire it costs $63 + shipping... >_<