• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Caffiene Appreciation Thread

chocomage

I am essentially immune to caffeine. I have chugged energy drinks then gone to sleep. I drink a combo of soda and coffee throughout the day with an occasional energy drink depending if I go to the store or not. I gave even taken caffeine pills and chewed that caffeine infused gum but I still don't feel energized from it. I would have given up on caffeine drinks if I didn't find then so delicious.

Batty Krueger

DJ Nailbunny
I drink coffee mostly. And more often during the school semester.

Oddly enough, caffeine is really hit and miss for me so sometimes it works and other times it doesn't. So I really drink coffee in the morning more or less because it's something to do.

I drink tea on occasion too. Usually loose tea I get from a local organic foods store and it's pretty good albeit a little too earthy sometimes.

I love tea like that, my friend brought back some tea from japan for me and its the best thing ever. Its some sort of blend, cant remember the name right now.

DrDingo

Moved to phoenix.corvidae.org with the others
Today I just had another cup of coffee when I was a bit tired. Weird, I think I might be getting into the habit of it now.
But not with sugar. I hate having sugar in hot drinks.

Sonlir

the worst
I have no time for games also I don't know how to use a coffee machine and have never tried it in my life so I just drink soda mainly pepsi or mountain dew

dialup

wet floop
I love me a giant coffee, hot or cold in the morning. Sometimes in the afternoon/evening I like to brew some up.

I also love tea. I recently bought some ginger tea and strawberry tea I need to go ahead and begin consuming. After I'm done with those I'm going to go back to the place I got them from and get that tea with the dark chocolate in it because that shit is divine.

Punnchy

Feed Me Pizza
Today I took a survey that showed me 2 red bull comercials, and wanted me to give information on a brand I have never liked or really tasted, starbucks. I pretty much spent 30 minutes of my time jumping through these hoops for 6.50 in this site's ecurrancy, lol.

Batty Krueger

DJ Nailbunny
So I had some coffee on the last day of furcon, fucked around for hours then went to lunch. Then drove half the way home from San Jose, single cup of coffee kept me wired for 8 plus hours!

Antronach

Bringin' sexy back~
hate to say this to you guys, but I'm not a big fan of coffee. It's okay as a flavour, but straight up coffee is just too much for me. Now energy drinks are my vice, especially the strong ones. Get you going all night long. :D

Carnau

Ice cream is the only way
I can't do soda, the carbonated fizz hurts my mouth A LOT. Feels like a mouthful of pins and needles every damn time. Dx
Coffee is nice, especially iced coffee but hot is quite fine too.
If I'm looking for a caffeinated tea, my go-to would be Japanese green tea with macha included.
When it comes to energy drinks I tend to veer towards the 5-hour energy shot, they are non-carbonated and actually work. Come to think of it, it's kind of hard to find an energy drink that's NOT carbonated......

BRN

WTB Forum Mod Powers
TRAIN AT 7. TRAIN AT 7.40. THIRD TRAIN AT 8.40. TAXI TO OFFICE. MEETING. MEETING. Mee.... m-meeting... meeeeting...

*espresso*

MEETING CONFERENCE MEETING SKATEBOARD MEETING PHONE TRAIN TRAIN FUCK YEAHHHHH

Hinalle K.

Banned
Banned
Do you guys have no pity for your teeth? Do you even have more than three of them at all?

Percy

o-o
...I think I'm going to need some caffeine to get through my night shift tonight.

Coyote Club

El Gordito Burrito Bandito
This week I abandoned all hope and dove off into a bag of chocolate-covered espresso beans.

Woo hoo!! Those little guys are like aviation-grade kerosene (Jet-A) for the soul. <3

Go to 1:02 on this video to simulate eating espresso beans.

-CC

Last edited:

Milo

I'm a certified barista now, so free caffeine drinks for everyone!

also I permanently smell like coffee.

if that's not appreciation, I don't know what is.

Karuvatto

You bet I'll post in this thread!

I have a huge thing for Mocha Coffee and I don't know why. Everytime I have to pass the corner store I always get a Dare - Mocha Coffee. Everytime I went over to my friends I would always guzzle down a good 4 cups of cafe latte in an hour.
I wish I owned a coffee machine as good as his though, it's hard to find instant coffee that doesn't taste like dirt.

I used to drink a lot, lot, lot of soda/soft-drink before I moved out of my family's. So I've been drinking water for a good 2 years or so.

I like caffeine just because of the 'energy' and solely it (except Mocha Coffee - Yum yum!). I sleep far too much and overall I'm not an energized person so I drink as much caffeine as possible just to get me going but sometimes it doesn't do much, if anything, at all for me.
Perhaps I should invest in some Caffeine Soap too?

What's everyone's caffeinated preference, anyway? With all the 'energy' drinks now days... Red Bull, Mother, V, that you can buy on every street corner... How much caffeine are we consuming!?

Last edited:
S

Sar

You bet I'll post in this thread!

I have a huge thing for Mocha Coffee and I don't know why. Everytime I have to pass the corner store I always get a Dare - Mocha Coffee. Everytime I went over to my friends I would always guzzle down a good 4 cups of cafe latte in an hour.
I wish I owned a coffee machine as good as his though, it's hard to find instant coffee that doesn't taste like dirt.

ahhhh mocha coffee... the proper Hot Chocolate. That stuff is an absolute beauty of a drink if I have ever seen one. My favorite types of them are either the Peppermint or Orange Mocha you get in Starbucks around Christmas time. Dammmmn they are beautiful!

Instant? Nescafe Coffee is one of my favorite ones. Good point to it too is that the cost of it in most pound stores and doesn't taste like an ash tray, but cheap enough as expected. Pretty good "get put of bed" stuff if you can't go on a coffee run. There are also days I can't be bothered making coffee and need a quick caffeine fix. Kettle in my room and a pot and I'm happy.

What's everyone's caffeinated preference, anyway? With all the 'energy' drinks now days... Red Bull, Mother, V, that you can buy on every street corner... How much caffeine are we consuming!?

Irn Bru!

Also, as far as energy drinks go, I'm not a fan of them. As I mentioned in the Gaming Fuel thread a bit back. I don't see the point in chugging gallons of them nor spending the cost of them. I find a cup of Java does gives me the same feel without the sugar or calories.

I drink caffeine constantly while on duty. It is like my life line...sadly, however, it doesn't help with my blood pressure. But when it is 0300 and you have a high acuity patient, I'm just happy I am able to focus.

When I am home, I leisurely drink coffee otherwise I get pretty down.

I am really enjoying the energy drinks with tea in them while I work. I just gotta be careful and avoid the jitters...lol it sucks trying to start IVs with them.

TobyDingo

Pasties, Cider, Surfing.
I'm a certified barista now, so free caffeine drinks for everyone!

also I permanently smell like coffee.

if that's not appreciation, I don't know what is.
During the summer, my hands are pretty much stained brown from espresso along with all my work clothes and shoes. All i can say is for the love of god don't wear white shoes to work!

Kazooie

Crusader for Cute
I periodically go on quests to explore strange new cafes, to seek out new roasts and new blends, to boldly drink coffee where no man has drunk coffee before.

(my dream is to one day own one of these babies)

Gnarl

The Arcane Sage
The other day I got out of bed and went to get coffee. I poured it into the cup and forgetting I had poured coffee in the cup I promptly added a pouch of English morning tea. I drank the entire thing while sitting at the computer, because I was still too asleep to go back upstairs and get a fresh cup.
Didn't taste much different than usual, maybe I should wake up before, I make the coffee.??!!