• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Call for Coders/Helpers for Ferrox Project

Damaratus

Care to join me in my lab?
Attention users of Fur Affinity!

There is much work being done on The Ferrox Project, and I suppose you're wondering what exactly it is. Ferrox is a project designed to revamp Fur Affinity, integrating ideas provided by both the community and the current staff. It is meant to be a new and improved face for Fur Affinity, but it involves a good deal of coding as well as additional support.

As of this point, some work is done but we're looking to pick up the pace. As of this point you may have noticed that there have been two new coders added to the staff: Verix and Eevee. Please give them a welcome to the crew.

But wait! That's not the only purpose of this announcement, which you can clearly gather from the title.

We are looking for more folks to help out with the production and eventual release of Ferrox.

We are looking for all types of people: coders, PR, Q&A, beta testers, etc.

If you would like to give some time to FA and help out with the new project, send a note or PM over to crypto expressing your desire to be part of the team as well as listing what you would like to do, and the skills you can bring to the table; even minimal experience is fine.

Bear in mind that not everyone who applies will be brought on, but this is a great opportunity to help out the advancement of the site. :)

uncia

(*nudges the malformed URL on the front news page back into line* There... ^^ )

Cool! Better late than never for the announcement...
Thanks & Best wishes to all who've picked up the can or are interested to do so. :)

kamunt

Justin Bieber Apologist
Sending now! :) Doubt my minimal code monkey skills will be of any use, but I would still love to help further this site in any way possible.

Stratelier

I'm no code monkey either, I just know the basics of a few languages. Enough to do a few tasks here or there.

FoxBoom

i woudl love to help anyway i can

im not great at coding but i have plenty of suggestions, im good at finding bugs, i dont think you guys need an animation thing, but i can easily do that to... oh and id be more than happy to beta test :D

you know how to get ahold of me :3

Jurann

I'm still here, willing and able to help out with both coding and QA work. I'd at least like to do some QA/beta-test stuff and help get some of that ironed-out. I don't know the status of the FurBuy integration, but I could help oversee that goes smoothly in a very direct way since I'm the software admin and lead coder on FurBuy.

Draken_The_Dragon

The bluest feather dragon.
I would love to help as well to help further the site, and be useful and seen for once *l* I know some basic coding a few extras and maye could help with ideas and whatnot...though I'm still lost on what this Ferrox Project is @.@

LT_Max_W_Charger

I'd most likely be useless.. i dont know code skills and shit like that.. and i donno bout being online to help cus my comp is a little loopy.. but what do you think a dumbass like me could do LOL

Damaratus

Care to join me in my lab?
Draken_The_Dragon said:
I would love to help as well to help further the site, and be useful and seen for once *l* I know some basic coding a few extras and maye could help with ideas and whatnot...though I'm still lost on what this Ferrox Project is @.@

The Ferrox Project is basically a new face (and code) for Fur Affinity. It will be integrating a vast number of suggestions from the user base as well as ideas from the current staff.

It is a rather large endeavor, but the end result should be something positive for the community as a whole.

i would love to help bata test but tell me what is Ferrox

Draken_The_Dragon

Nightintodream said:
i would love to help bata test but tell me what is Ferrox

Damaratus said:
Draken_The_Dragon said:

The Ferrox Project is basically a new face (and code) for Fur Affinity. It will be integrating a vast number of suggestions from the user base as well as ideas from the current staff.

It is a rather large endeavor, but the end result should be something positive for the community as a whole.

Draken_The_Dragon

Damaratus said:
Draken_The_Dragon said:

Ahh! I see now..like a make over LOL. kool..Yea I would love to help with the new look and what now. I've actualyl designed a few medioaker(sp) sites and splash pages my self for rp sites.

sent it! :D

i am only good at simple stuff though, not coding ^^;

FoxBoom

*nods* i know fa's history, and im willing to help i got one idea that i woudl really like to see pursued but .. uhm i will talk to you in private bout that

Damaratus said:
Draken_The_Dragon said:

creaturecorp

I'm experienced at coding PHP, mySQL, html, flash, etc. but I volunteered before to no avail.

net-cat

Infernal Kitty
Last I checked, Ferrox is being done in Python, using the Pylons and SQLAlchemy frameworks.

(This may have changed since the last time I checked, which was before they +k'd #furaffinity-dev. But I'd be surprised.)

Issarlk

net-cat said:
Last I checked, Ferrox is being done in Python, using the Pylons and SQLAlchemy frameworks.

(This may have changed since the last time I checked, which was before they +k'd #furaffinity-dev. But I'd be surprised.)

oh goddess yes, anything but PHP. I could have helped had it been rewritten in Ruby instead, but I'm still glad it's python.

thecrypto

Thank you for all of the responses. I am currently inundated by just the vast number of people who have responded.

Just to add a couple of notes, net-cat is right and we are using Pylons and SQLAlchemy for the new version. Any sort of Python experience will be looked upon much higher than anything else. :)

I'm going to wait a few more days before responding to everyone so I can just respond to everyone in one long fell swoop so please don't mind if you don't get a response. All of them have been received and will be processed in order.

Wolfboy5692

if this hasn't been stated already do you think you could try to get rid of the double posting thing that furaffinity has a problem with.

but its in really good shape anyway ^_^