• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Call of Duty: Black Ops

R

RockTheFur

I preordered it two days ago. I feel upset that people have already beaten it even though it's not coming out for a few more days.

Superscooter143

QualityGamer
I'm deciding whether or not I should preorder this. I looked at the gameplay videos and it looks pretty fun, but I've never played a COD game since Finest Hour (I never really got into MW 1 and 2). I know the MW2 fanbase is pretty similar to the Halo fanbase, but if I get it off Steam I probably wouldn't have to deal with too much of that. I also hear a lot of talk from CoD fans that it might suck because it wasn't made by Infinite Ward. Any suggestions?
It's by Treyarch.

It will be good.

Schwimmwagen

It's by Treyarch.

It will be good.

It will be better than Infinity Ward's take on it, at least.

Treyarch has some level of experimentation with the series going on but it can't be something to get too excited about. The new take on customisation and the currency system rather than XP system is something a little more fresh (but in no way original) but if that doesn't do it for you, at least you get zombies... Again...

Alstor

And twice as shiny
Obviously they are good games. If they weren't, would they be selling as much? Pre-orders and purchases after the game has been released mean everything in regards to 'if it's a good game' or not. Would you go back to a movie that you saw that was shit? Not likely, when there are so many more options. It's the same with the CoD franchise. If it wasn't a good game, you wouldn't have people re-buying it every year, and the same goes for Madden.
Yes, but if you already saw the movie and you don't like it, you already spent your money on it the first time. And that's what the movie producers want: your money. The first movie might have been great, but if the newer movies are lacking in quality and entertainment in comparison to the first movie, people will start to not like it. But that doesn't mean that there will be people that loved the first movie so much that they see the rest of the movies as great, too, even though they are really lacking movies.

Just because something has a big fanbase doesn't automatically mean it's good. Take the furry fandom for example. It has about a million people in it, but due to its member quality, it's seen as a laughing stock for the internet.

Just because /I/ think it's a shit game doesn't mean it is.
You're right. That's up to the professionals to review.

Oh wait. For big releases like these, either the reviewer's company is paid by the game company to give the game a good score, or during the review playthrough, the reviewer and co. play the game in such a conservative way that any real problems in the game are not seen. You din't think any of those can happen? Look at Konami with Metal Gear Solid 4.

You think CoD is shit, but you are wrong too. It's a matter of opinion.
HOLY CONTRADICTING COMBINATION OF TWO SENTENCES!

If you don't like it, don't buy it. I really don't think Treyarch is going to care too much.
When did I ever bash Treyarch? I was talking about how the COD series is losing its reputation as a solid, reliable video game franchise.

And it's been proven that if you get enough people to care, people will listen. A popular director from the popular YouTube channel Machinima Respawn talked about serious problems of MW2 and allowed the viewers to cash in their opinions. The viewers' opinions came in such large quanities, which led to Robert Bowling himself had to come in and talk to these guys, which led him to give their concerns to the development team (as he said.)

As I said, there are 12,000,000 other people out there to take your place, 12,000,000 that disagree with you. That's got to say something.
I bet there are more that don't like it either. I also bet that six million of that 12 million don't like what the game and franchise has become, either.

EDIT: Might as well say this. I'm not refusing to buy the game because of Treyarch. I'm refusing to buy it because of Activision.

Last edited:

mystery_penguin

Redline Movie Fanatic
I liked Treyarch before they were cool.
I preferred WaW over MW1 for some reason, and didn't think that 3 was that bad.:(

Kivaari

Meow.
Cold War, dedicated servers, and despite it's faults, MW2 was fun. I think I'll get it. How well would it run on my computer though? Here's what I have:
Intel Core 2 Duo @ 3.2 GHZ
2GB RAM
Nvida 9600 GT

I have played a few games on computers that barely met the minimum requirements, and while technically it worked, I wouldn't say you could play the game like that. Would my computer be like that, or do you think it could play this without issues?

Adrianfolf

Didn't pre-order and I sure as hell am not buying another rehashed COD game. I've fallen in love with Blacklight Tango down and it costs less than any COD (besides the old ones) and its better than even this. No bullshit perks, no killstreaks, just flat out normal FPS action with custom gun kits allowing for more possiblites than any COD game to date. I'll wait for 2011 when real games come out

Landown

Black Ops is going to be the bomb.With TreyArc in the drivers seat this game is going to have radical changes to the multipayer.No more quick-scoping,better weapon balance,and Non stacking Killstreaks.I cant wait.My clan is moving over from MW2,we stopped taking any more clan matches until it comes out.2years in development
Iam crossing my fingers and praying it isnt the same crap as MW2.

Superscooter143

QualityGamer
Cold War, dedicated servers, and despite it's faults, MW2 was fun. I think I'll get it. How well would it run on my computer though? Here's what I have:
Intel Core 2 Duo @ 3.2 GHZ
2GB RAM
Nvida 9600 GT

I have played a few games on computers that barely met the minimum requirements, and while technically it worked, I wouldn't say you could play the game like that. Would my computer be like that, or do you think it could play this without issues?
The processor is fine (unless you're trying to play crazy stuff like Red Faction: Guerilla and CPU BBC2)

And the graphics card is low-mid range

It's just that you have 2 GB of RAM. That's the absolute minimum for almost all modern PC game's if you have Vista/7. It might play okay on low/medium.... or good, considering the IW Engine they use is pretty impressive optimization.

aiden749

I'm ready for it

Kivaari

Meow.
The processor is fine (unless you're trying to play crazy stuff like Red Faction: Guerilla and CPU BBC2)

And the graphics card is low-mid range

It's just that you have 2 GB of RAM. That's the absolute minimum for almost all modern PC game's if you have Vista/7. It might play okay on low/medium.... or good, considering the IW Engine they use is pretty impressive optimization.

Ok, thanks. At least the RAM is the cheapest of those to upgrade. Shame you don't think it will run Red Faction though, it was such a fun game...

NCollieboy

[Æ’cÆ’c] Sexy Fiberbomb
I'm only getting it for the campaign and zombies. I'm to scared to touch the multiplayer after playing mw2.

Superscooter143

QualityGamer
Ok, thanks. At least the RAM is the cheapest of those to upgrade. Shame you don't think it will run Red Faction though, it was such a fun game...
Yeah, I'm pretty sure. Got all high-end specs here and it's a bitch for Ambient Occlusion to be on, giving every single freaking object a soft shadow - even destructible debris. Lowers FPS massively but still playable..

Still wondering if I should get Black Ops now, really going crazy here. I've never really owned a CoD game other than 1 ( friends lend me the games and I blow right through them ) and considering this looks fixed/made by favorite Treyarch, I don't know if it's worth sixty.