• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Calling All Deer Hunters!

CannonFodder

Resistance is futile! If 0 ohm
And PETA thinks we shouldnt be hunting them.
It's a fucking deer, not a mountain lion. I'm meh about hunting deer though..

Back on topic, animals do on occasion wander into places inhabitated by people, it's not that big of deal.

Last edited:

dinosaurdammit

White Devil
It's a fucking deer, not a mountain lion. I'm meh about hunting deer though..

Back on topic, animals do on occasion wander into places inhabitated by people, it's not that big of deal.

I am not sure you are aware of how dangerous deer really are when cornered or scared. Their hooves are as sharp as razors and Ive lost a good pair of PADDED camo pants and needed stitches after jumping on that was bedded down. Now if they have antlers- thats even worse. Gore wounds much? Not to mention they can carry sickness that can be air born.

Sign me up- I just got some ultrasonic ballistic rounds. Need to test them on something.

Dragonfurry

(•_•)(•_•)>⌐■-■(⌐■_■)
I am not sure you are aware of how dangerous deer really are when cornered or scared. Their hooves are as sharp as razors and Ive lost a good pair of PADDED camo pants and needed stitches after jumping on that was bedded down. Now if they have antlers- thats even worse. Gore wounds much? Not to mention they can carry sickness that can be air born.

Sign me up- I just got some ultrasonic ballistic rounds. Need to test them on something.

One of the few times your signature image is relevant to the topic. xD

Wreth

GERTY
OP makes it sound like the deer is hunting people or something...

It was clearly lost, scared and confused.

They can be extremely dangerous when scared, yes, but they don't seek out people to cause damage to them. :/

CannonFodder

Coming this summer, NRA warned us they'd come for us, but we didn't listen to them.
Deerapocalypse
Producer: Michael Bay.

Last edited:

Namba

Calling all manly and womanly deer hunters near the Washington DC area.

Yeahhh

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.huffingtonpost.com%2F2012%2F02%2F01%2Fdeer-crashes-into-library_n_1247957.html&h=7AQEA0GUE

This just happened on Monday or Tuesday...

Think if someone would have been waiting in line at that counter... good lord, close encounter of the cervidae kind (cervidae is the classification name for the common deer).

PETA is trying to starve me out.

Jashwa

It was clearly lost, scared and confused.

They can be extremely dangerous when scared, yes, but they don't seek out people to cause damage to them. :/
No, OP is saying that overpopulation causes more run ins with people as deer spread out into urban/suburban regions because it's too crowded in the woods. These run ins can be extremely dangerous if the deer do choose to fight instead of flight.

Namba

Calling all manly and womanly deer hunters near the Washington DC area.

Yeahhh

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.huffingtonpost.com%2F2012%2F02%2F01%2Fdeer-crashes-into-library_n_1247957.html&h=7AQEA0GUE

This just happened on Monday or Tuesday...

Think if someone would have been waiting in line at that counter... good lord, close encounter of the cervidae kind (cervidae is the classification name for the common deer).

PETA is trying to starve me out.

Coming this summer, NRA warned us they'd come for us, but we didn't listen to them.
Deerapocalypse
Producer: Michael Bay.
http://static.quickmeme.com/media/social/qm.gif

CannonFodder

Dragonfurry

(•_•)(•_•)>⌐■-■(⌐■_■)
Disregard PETA

Acquire Venison.

The_Mask

Sly Cooper be sexy
Deer overpopulation does happen, and that's why we have a hunting season. That deer clearly was possessed by a demonic force intent on the destruction of all repositories of human knowledge. We should all take the precaution of permanently sedating rouge deer with bullets.

Wreth

GERTY
No, OP is saying that overpopulation causes more run ins with people as deer spread out into urban/suburban regions because it's too crowded in the woods..

Er... that's not quite how it works
I'd say habitant encroachment is the problem.

In a stable ecosystem, the populations are regulated ''naturally''

Jashwa

Er... that's not quite how it works
I'd say habitant encroachment is the problem.

In a stable ecosystem, the populations are regulated ''naturally''
But this isn't a stable ecosystem. Just because we're encroaching on their habitats and it's our fault and not the deer's fault doesn't make it any less dangerous that they're spreading into the urban areas.

triage

grats dude
Deer overpopulation does happen, and that's why we have a hunting season. That deer clearly was possessed by a demonic force intent on the destruction of all repositories of human knowledge. We should all take the precaution of permanently sedating rouge deer with bullets.

the fuck you live where deer are red? chernobyl?

Gavrill

ladies~
During musk deer are super-aggressive and kill pets a lot. Dunno about people, but regardless they're still dangerous - and honestly, overpopulated. Since they have few natural predators left, humans have to fill that role or else we'll be living up to out knees in bambi.

veeno

See ya latter ****ers.
The existence of the red stag notwithstanding, there are actually elk that live healthy lives near Chernobyl, among other creatures. :u
There are also wild fucking animals who have gone mad.

Poor animals.

dinosaurdammit

White Devil
During musk deer are super-aggressive and kill pets a lot. Dunno about people, but regardless they're still dangerous - and honestly, overpopulated. Since they have few natural predators left, humans have to fill that role or else we'll be living up to out knees in bambi.

You mean RUT :U