• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Can anyone help an idiot connect his 360 to his wireless network?

I got a wireless adapter to get on Xbox live but I can't seem to get it to connect. It finds my router but when it tests the connection it says "not connected"

codewolf

RBW Con Staff
im not 100% sure on how the 360 connects to the network but have you made sure that the wireless key is correct?

hellpup

Hrmmm... I never set mine up wirelessly. The router is in the laundry closet just behind the 360 so I just ran some cat 5. Strangely, it's the only wired device I have.

Lonely said:
Umm... Read the directions? Do you have an obscure router? I dunno.

I have a TP-LINK router, this morning I pluged my Xbox stright into the router and had no problems but I still can't get the wireless adapter to connect to the net.

shinmew

Not all router work right with the 360 wireless. I've had many routers from many companies and the only one that works with all my systems and computers without a lot of problems is *choke* Linksys. If you get one, keep in mind they a shit for Techs and will try their best to keep you from returning the thing if anything goes wrong with in it's 3 year warrenty.

Anyhow: Try this with your current router, If you are running it protected, turn it off and try again. If that does not work, do a test network settings and read EXACTLY what it says. If you don't understand it, post it here, or call microsoft. So far as I've seen, they are nice about helping people (unlike linksys). You may have to either get another brand router, of just LAN the thing like you are now. You can also get help in the forums at www.xbox.com

Dark Transparent said:
Lonely said:
Umm... Read the directions? Do you have an obscure router? I dunno.

I have a TP-LINK router, this morning I pluged my Xbox stright into the router and had no problems but I still can't get the wireless adapter to connect to the net.