• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Can I ask (gay) dating advice here?

Yago

Ambered Amaranth
Take this kiss upon the brow!
And, in parting from you now,
Thus much let me avow--
You are not wrong, who deem
That my days have been a dream:
Yet if hope has flown away
In a night, or in a day,
In a vision or in none,
Is it therefore the less gone?
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.

I stand amid the roar
Of a surf-tormented shore,
And I hold within my hand
Grains of the golden sand--
How few! yet how they creep
Through my fingers to the deep
While I weep--while I weep!
O God! can I not grasp
Them with a tighter clasp?
O God! can I not save
One from the pitiless wave?
Is all that we see or seem
But a dream within a dream?

-- Edgar Allan Poe, 1849.​

Oh-ho, quoting Poe.

(That didn't mean to rhyme).

Certainly a true poem. Always loved Poe.

@ OP

Honestly, I'm quite a charming person (you'd never guess it IRL, though, I rarely use the ability since I myself have no need for it).

And I usually give quite good advice provided I know the person. That said, I don't know you or your mate that well, and, so, I cannot help you. But I believe some fairly adequate advice has already been given. I'd suggest laying down for a few days, then politely talking to him. Make sure you let him lead the flow of conversation, though. You want to listen. Not talk, IMO. He'll probably reach his own conclusion about chasing a relationship he'll never have again. Let him come to his senses, and above all be supportive.

RedMikka

Mikka
Just about two months ago, I was in your partners position. My love just up and left me. No warning, no red-flag... Just left.
Shortly after that someone who liked me began pushing into my life. I had feelings for him, but he didn't respect me when I asked him for space.
Quickly, my feelings for him vanished because I was trying to lick my wounds, and he was suffocating me... It made the break-up harder for a time.
I didn't want to make him a rebound so I said I wanted to wait. He didn't want to wait. I had to push him out of my life so I could focus on myself and getting better.

You're doing a wonderful thing for sticking by his side and being patient. From what I've read, you aren't pushing yourself on him and making it difficult.
That's the best and all you can do, hope to be there to help him heal. It's a beautiful thing knowing you can help someone just by being there.
One day he may thank you for respecting his space.

Just remember to keep prepared for the negative outcome of the situation.

Cain

Guess what mood I'm in today.
Just about two months ago, I was in your partners position. My love just up and left me. No warning, no red-flag... Just left.
Shortly after that someone who liked me began pushing into my life. I had feelings for him, but he didn't respect me when I asked him for space.
Quickly, my feelings for him vanished because I was trying to lick my wounds, and he was suffocating me... It made the break-up harder for a time.
I didn't want to make him a rebound so I said I wanted to wait. He didn't want to wait. I had to push him out of my life so I could focus on myself and getting better.

You're doing a wonderful thing for sticking by his side and being patient. From what I've read, you aren't pushing yourself on him and making it difficult.
That's the best and all you can do, hope to be there to help him heal. It's a beautiful thing knowing you can help someone just by being there.
One day he may thank you for respecting his space.

Just remember to keep prepared for the negative outcome of the situation.
Dear god.

Please don't format your posts!

RedMikka

Mikka
-blinks- Kinda seems silly to get mad at people for using other fonts. :(

But I guess, whatever makes everyone happy right? :3

Blutide

" Never Give Up "
Dont get into a relationship if you dont feel you can handle it? I am pretty sure this works both straight and bent

^ This and just say you have feelings for each other......it doesn't have to be anything more than that just yet.