• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Can I please have a moment of your time?

ADF

Goal: To assess the general users knowledge of computers, what they use them for and their likelihood to adopt changes in computer technology.

Sorry to do this to you guys but I have an assignment for one of my modules that requires a questionnaire. If readers can be so kind as to take the time to fill this in and email it to:

assignmentquestionnaire@hotmail.co.uk

Or if you don’t want to use email, private message me your response. It is only 10 single answer questions; your name/email addresses will be completely anonymous, as I only need the figures for my work.

---

Please select one answer per question by deleting the answers that don’t apply.

1. What is your gender?

(A) [Male]
(B) [Female]

2. How old are you?

(A) [<=20]
(B) [21-30]
(C) [31-40]
(D) [41-50]
(E) [51+]

3. What level do you consider your knowledge of computers to be?

(A) [Novice]
(B) [Average]
(C) [Advanced]

4. Which do you consider to be the ‘main’ reason you own a computer?

(A) [Recreational]
(B) [Work]
(C) [Learning assistant]
(D) [Hobby]

5. In terms of the investment of time and money into your computer, what do you consider yourself?

(A) [Light user]
(B) [Average user]
(C) [Enthusiast user]

6. Do you upgrade your computer yourself or purchase new systems in retail?

(A) [Upgrade]
(B) [Retail]

7. If a brand new piece of computer hardware comes out, what do you do?

(A) [Jump on board early and reap the benefits now]
(B) [Make an educated decision on whether to adopt]
(C) [Wait until hardware is standardised and proven useful]

8. If a brand new operating system comes out, what do you do?

(A) [Jump on board early and reap the benefits now]
(B) [Make an educated decision on whether to adopt]
(C) [Wait until software is standardised and proven useful]

9. Would the use of ‘Digital Rights Management’ affect your decision to use new hardware or software?

(A) [Yes]
(B) [No]
(C) [I don’t know what DRM is]

10. Finally what operating system do you use?

(A) [Windows - Microsoft]
(B) [Mac - Apple]
(C) [Linux - Open Source]

Thank you for taking the time to fill out this questionnaire.

Bloodangel

Banned
Banned
PM for me. Posted to bump topic. :p

ADF

Heh looks like no one likes the email option; thanks both Option7 and Bloodangel for doing the questionnaire, this brings the FA contribution to 4 so far. I need a minimum of 20 but I have only just started this and there is still plenty of time to collect the figures.

Renton Whitetail

Friendly Mod
I have also PMed the answers to the questionnare.

Aikon

Emailed... so uh, where's the free cookie?

ADF said:
This brings FA's total contribution to 13, thanks guys you are being a great help.

Not a problem, glad I could help! :D I was working on a project for school that I needed responses on a questionnaire for, so I choose to help anyone that has a questionnaire nowadays. :3

Aikon

codewolf said:
*gives aikon a cookie* :D

Kick ass, someone drew Hitler's portrait on it, in black icing. Ha, take that Hitler!

ADF

I would like to thank everyone for their contributions; the results have been totalled and are now being used within the assignment. Any new responses from this point forward cannot be used in the assignment I’m afraid.

On a additional note, out of all the locations that the questionnaire was posted, FA made the biggest contribution. Just thought you would like to know ^.=.^

Bokracroc

Bokra, come out to pla-ay
So what? Like, 15?

ADF

While adding the figures up I found something strange, 5/24 people didn't have a problem with DRM being used in hardware and software. I found this very odd, as there are literally no benefits to the user in DRM, so why wouldn’t someone have a problem with it? You can only gain from it not being used.

Aden

Play from your ****ing HEART
ADF said:
While adding the figures up I found something strange, 5/24 people didn't have a problem with DRM being used in hardware and software. I found this very odd, as there are literally no benefits to the user in DRM, so why wouldn’t someone have a problem with it? You can only gain from it not being used.

I blame general lack of knowledge on the subject.

Rhainor

Rawr.
ADF said:

That's not necessarily saying that those 5 people *want* DRM; it could just mean that they don't care one way or the other. If your'e smart about it, DRM won't affect you. I've only ever had one instance where I was hindered by DRM, and that served as a learning experience -- I learned to turn off the "Copy protect music" option for ripping music from CDs in Windows Media Player -- and that was long before I ever heard the term "digital rights management".

DRM is crap, sure, and it'd be a *little* easier for me if it weren't there, but if it ever gets to the point where I start having serious issues with it, there'll be 18 times the level of public outrage over it that there is now.