• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Can someone explain the musk fetish to me?

Chomby

Monsters are hot. :)
Is it the attraction to a natural, clean body smell? Body odor? Not showering for days or weeks? Seemingly nobody online really explains it. Where is the line? What is it exactly? I don't have the fetish myself but I know a lot of furries do. What is the appeal?

If furries with the fetish could explain that'd be awesome.
(I wanna keep this discussion as sfw as it can be, so just be mindful of what you say. o3o)

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child
From what I've heard from others, it typically blends with being overpowered... physically and in smells, I guess. XD
Along with the idea that some don't actually find these smells offensive.

But like with everything, I'm sure it'll differ from person to person.

Punji

Vaskebjørn
I don't think fetishes are supposed to make sense on their own merits.

With musk, I think it ties in with dominance and submission. The dominant powerful force doesn't need to hide his smell from others?

Jaredthefox92

Banned
Banned
I don't think fetishes are supposed to make sense on their own merits.

With musk, I think it ties in with dominance and submission. The dominant powerful force doesn't need to hide his smell from others?

Eh, that's the thing with giants, but most of my giant characters are dominant, (even though ironically some of them are submissive.) Yet all of them shower. Yes, I have anthros that bathe.

Punji

Vaskebjørn
Eh, that's the thing with giants, but most of my giant characters are dominant, (even though ironically some of them are submissive.) Yet all of them shower. Yes, I have anthros that bathe.
Well not every dominance-related fetish will apply to every person with that particular interest.

Chomby

I'm still confused. To what extent is the smell? What extent will someone go for that smell? How stinky are we talking here?

What kind of smell? What is the stink factor?

Netanye Dakabi

people call me queen
Banned
i love sweaty man smell.

it's an instinct.

i don't think it, it just happens.

i was born this way.

Chomby

So musk is like a hint of BO and not full on homeless person who hasn't been able to shower in weeks musk. Am I getting it right? I wanted to know what kind/level of stink is considered musk. lol

Jaredthefox92

Banned
Banned
So musk is like a hint of BO and not full on homeless person who hasn't been able to shower in weeks musk. Am I getting it right? I wanted to know what kind/level of stink is considered musk. lol

Hobos could be seen as dominant because of rape fantasies. I personally love people who take baths, then again I view health and perfection as sexy.

Punji

Vaskebjørn
I imagine the degree can vary between individuals, but probably more "normal" amounts.

ConorHyena

nazi hunter
This very much depends on the person having the kink. some people only like slightly elevated 'sweat smells' other people prefer unwashed for weeks, which, I guess, is up to them. Everyone likes what they do, y'know. More often than not there's no reason for it.

Yakamaru

Bad Jokes Inc.
Whether someone likes musk or not it doesn't matter to me as long as they don't shove their shit on others.

CrowFoxy

I'm still confused. To what extent is the smell? What extent will someone go for that smell? How stinky are we talking here?

What kind of smell? What is the stink factor?
Humans are being discovered to likely have pheromones, and BO attraction is not that uncommon anyways.

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
It's when you push your admiration of Tesla cars to the point of having a body pillow of Elon Musk

Astus

Well Known Foxxo
Most fetishes don't make any logical sense; so trying to make sense of them... Doesn't make sense xD

I know a few people who lean towards smelling smelly stuff... From what they say it's more of a dominance type of thing.

Jaredthefox92

Banned
Banned
Most fetishes don't make any logical sense; so trying to make sense of them... Doesn't make sense xD

I know a few people who lean towards smelling smelly stuff... From what they say it's more of a dominance type of thing.

Yeah, like giants. They're not even possible due to the square cube law and more than likely they would kill you on accident even if they were friendly. XD

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
Is it the attraction to a natural, clean body smell? Body odor? Not showering for days or weeks? Seemingly nobody online really explains it. Where is the line? What is it exactly? I don't have the fetish myself but I know a lot of furries do. What is the appeal?

If furries with the fetish could explain that'd be awesome.
(I wanna keep this discussion as sfw as it can be, so just be mindful of what you say. o3o)

Natural human scent contains pheromones, and perfumes cover it up. So not counting rotting or mould on the body, the person's sweat glands will exude this "musk", and it's been proven with blind tests on t-shirts that humans are definitely receptive to the scent in a primal attraction sense. The more you sweat, the more this scent is produced. Exercise adds a little testosterone to the chemical mix as well, enhancing sexual "heat".

Fetishists just take it to the next level, seeking out this hormonal reaction directly from the smell of the person unencumbered, as opposed to stumbling across it by just being with a hot lover you "somehow click with" but can't explain why.

That's the simple version anyway, hope it helps? <grin>

Last edited: