• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

can u catch dihrea from a dog poop

Gator Joe

Ragin' Cajun Redneck Gator
I've found my way to the weird side of the forum. o.o

Lomberdia

Selling bookmarks!

alphakitsune

Batsh*t insane
I'm used to it, I have diharhea like twice a week. If you got it from dog poop you would probably get it a lot sooner.

BouncyOtter

There is one particularly bacteria that I'm currently thinking of that can be associated with puppy feces and cause watery or bloody diarrhea, but I doubt this is the case.

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
There is one particularly bacteria that I'm currently thinking of that can be associated with puppy feces and cause watery or bloody diarrhea, but I doubt this is the case.
Parvovirus or Giardia?

BouncyOtter

Parvovirus or Giardia?

From what I've learned, humans do not contract parvovirus from cats or dogs. We only get parvovirus B19, and it's only a human infection. Giardia is a protozoa and is spread via cysts in contaminated water (my profs always enjoyed the drinking stream water that beavers have done their business in). The one I was thinking of was Yersinia enterocolitica. I just have the buzz phrase of "puppy feces" associated with is for testing purposes. I'm sure there are plenty of other zoonotic diseases that could do it, but that's just the one I personally need to know.

Torrijos-sama

The Artist Formerly Known as Jesusfish
I have never gotten diarrhea from animals, but I have had to take medicine to handle roundworm, and had to go crazy with sanitizing everything and treating all of my animals/bathing them to try to prevent another infection of the household again.

I also remember developing some sort of malaise after drinking some water that may have been improperly filtered in New Mexico, where I was sick for about a week with severe diarrhea, vomiting, fever, muscle/bone pains, headache, and shortness of breath. I ended up being hospitalized for a few days after I developed breathing problems, where they ended up having to drain my lungs. :c

I think it was some weird form of stomach flu or some form of pneumonia or something, but I know what caused it, because I remember feeling odd for a few weeks after taking one drink out of a nalgene filtered with iodine tablets, and I drank some of the water that was in the screw of the nalgene's cap, and started feeling tired about an hour afterwards.
There were warnings around the park to avoid drinking unsterilized water, and to avoid all buildings or abandoned structures due to the potential for disease from mouse droppings.

Last edited:

Zerig

So Graceful and Phallic
Banned
why was there dog poop in your room

you're supposed to take them outside to do that, dingus

Sylver

It seems like a trivial thing to concern yourself over. It's unlikely that your dog will ever poop on your carpet more than 2-3 times - unless you fail to train him (I assume he's a puppy) - so it's not really something you should concern yourself over.

If he does poop on your carpet again and you get diarrhea then you'll know for sure that it's the poop :3 if that happens don't forget to update us, I want to know...strangely..