• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Can you "Overgay" a comic

Storok

670 blp
I've read the first 70 pages of "Fur Piled"
I think it is to gay... To be honest i have no problems with gay people but isnt there a point where it is time to stop?

Like i dont say "i go to a straight party and have a straight straightness thing tonight and tomorrow i go shoping with my straight friends"

So whats your opinion about this ?

Last edited:

PlusThirtyOne

What DOES my username mean...?
Other than gay characters, what makes it so "gay"?
if the comic is meant to appeal to a certain niche, of course it's going to cater to the audience. i haven't read the comic so, please, elaborate on what you mean. Do characters literally say, "i'm gay so let's go to the gay bar with all our gay friends and have a gay ol' time like the Flinstones."?

Storok

670 blp
many normal actions have a "gay" put infront of it... btw i only read 70 pages because it was too gay for me

Wither

Is honestly confused by life.
That's a subjective thing.
Only you can out gay limits up.

Personally, it'd be hard to be too gay. When it's "out of hand" gay, it's just funny at that point :v

Katriel

Lol, I know a lesbian lady who does love to put 'gay' in front of a bunch of things for humorous effect when doing things with an LGBT group and so forth. It's a thing for fun and camaraderie, and generally being silly. (Plenty of us aren't specifically gay.)

Zipline

Noodle Fish
Is it this gay?
wK4fkaLF22-10.png
(gay high-five)

Wither

Is honestly confused by life.
i jsut wnated to know if anybody thinks the same way. you know
I always find it odd when people seek out "acceptance" for such weird things.
Your opinion is fine, it's not offensive to gay people to not like something super gay :v

Storok

670 blp
I always find it odd when people seek out "acceptance" for such weird things.
i dont seek for acceptance I was just wondering if i was alone with this thaught... other oppinions are welcome at any time

Troj

Your Friendly Neighborhood Dino Therapist
You can absolutely "overgay" a piece of fiction.

This is acceptable when there's a plausible in-universe reason for the unusually-high number of gay characters.

This can be annoying when you get the impression that the author just wanted to be hip and Tumblry, or appears to be using their gay characters as fetish fuel.

CJohn15

I guess theoretically... I mean, I'm mostly straight.... maybe bi I haven't decided, but if they lived on a planet that was a giant testicle, that was only inhabited by men, and all the houses and buildings were phallic shape, and every automobile had sparkling rainbow paint-jobs and ran on precum.... yeah. That'd be a little over gay.

MadKiyo

Imma bat in yer rafters
I get what you mean, there is a tendency for people who are particularly proud of their interests or who they are (no issue with that) to emphasize that into what they do and create. And yes, it can be overdone in the sense that the comic is incredibly self aware of it's own trope.

That can be applied to virtually anything, not just gay comics.

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
Even if it is extra super mega gay? Such as barbie's boy-friend.

Wait, I thought Barbie broke up, and you were dating him now.

I guess the comic will let me know. But how could it be overly gay, when her boyfriend doesn't have a penis?

I am SO confused!

Sergei Nóhomo

Spicey Memes
Banned
Wait, I thought Barbie broke up, and you were dating him now.

I guess the comic will let me know. But how could it be overly gay, when her boyfriend doesn't have a penis?

I am SO confused!

Technically Barbie would be a lesbo because all Barbie can munch on is some carpet if it's Ken