• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

canada

Toaster

What do they speak there, how does the government work, do the people really say aye, is it a nice place to live? I may want to live there someday.

SnowFox

Watch out Whitenoise! Your stalker is trying to track you down so he can hump your leg.

sorry I can't help Ornias, but I'm not Canadian and I've never been there.

eh?

FurForCameron

Hating the Haters
Go there, best music you'll ever find.
Seriously, they put America to shame when it comes to music.
Rush, The Guess Who, Protest the Hero, and more... Gah, I want to live there.
Also, gay marriage is legal, and I've heard alot of people are friendly there.

Bellini Tabloid

whatcha say? that's cool...
WAT!? You shame me :[
I guess that all depends in what region you're talking about, but don't know if they all legalized gay marriage.

Where's them canucks at, anyways :rolleyes:

Erewolf

the ghost
Yea, gay marriage is completely legal everywhere in Canada. 9_9 We're super chill like that.

Canada's politics...Are kind of boring. Nothing happens ever.

We speak mostly english, and some speak french...But it's a different kind of french then France french. Just STAY AWAY FROM QUEBEC. AT ALL COSTS.

We say 'eh' sometimes I guess. Mostly in newfoundland...they got them accents 9_9

It's a beautiful great place to live, but it gets kinda chilly with the snow and all in the winter. AND THE SUMMER
(Kidding)
/Or am I/

Liam

A ghost passing through
Yea, gay marriage is completely legal everywhere in Canada. 9_9 We're super chill like that.
I'm okay with that.
Canada's politics...Are kind of boring. Nothing happens ever.
You don't have Ann Coulter. I am happy with that. "That is what Christians consider themselves: perfected Jews." :mad:
We speak mostly english, and some speak french...But it's a different kind of french then France french. Just STAY AWAY FROM QUEBEC. AT ALL COSTS.
But Ontario is so far... :/
Are there any good places to live within commuting distance of Toronto?
We say 'eh' sometimes I guess. Mostly in newfoundland...they got them accents 9_9
The Bostonian accent is wicked strong too.
It's a beautiful great place to live, but it gets kinda chilly with the snow and all in the winter. AND THE SUMMER
(Kidding)
/Or am I/
Did someone say chilly? : )
80F is warm enough for me. 90F is pushing it.

YAY CANADA!

What do they speak there, how does the government work, do the people really say aye, is it a nice place to live? I may want to live there someday.
3 more years... 3 more years...
Hopefully I'll be able to get a job offer in time to gracefully transition from living down here to up there.

WolvesSoulZ

Just STAY AWAY FROM QUEBEC. AT ALL COSTS.
/Or am I/

Erm >.> What do you have agaisn't Quebec?
'cause its a place full of french talking people?(Not the fucking french from france xD)

On topic.
Canada have stupid law about firearms
People are mostly friendly,
Gay mariage are legal
Politic, boring nothing happen
Mapple product... xD
Beaver... lol
All province language are english but Quebec.
During the winter it can go as low as -52C and during the summer +42C xD *Lowest & Highest i've saw*
Winter last 4month and more
etc..

Adelio Altomar

Rat-Sized Superiority Complex
What's with all the Canadian threads lately? =O

Well, since we're on the subject about the commonwealth country, has anyone from outside of Canada gone to school there, preferably a university, college, or a technical school. Y'know, an international student?

Can ya'll give me some details about that?

And about getting a job there, too. =P
Any info on that is welcome, too.

Did someone say chilly? : )
80F is warm enough for me. 90F is pushing it.

Boy, you can tell you wouldn't survive in Texas down here. XD

Right now we're experiencing temperatures at a toasty 91º F, that's 33º C.
Y'can look at this map here and see the whole of south and east of Central Texas is enveloped in 90+ degree heat. X3

There was one guy on here from Canada who said he loved Texas so much that he has the flag on his wall. Makes me wonder what part of Texas did he go visit...

ToeClaws, I think his name was...

It also surprised to hear of a Canadian actually going to Texas...
Let alone surviving... =P

3 more years... 3 more years...
Hopefully I'll be able to get a job offer in time to gracefully transition from living down here to up there.

So wait, you're already up there and just waiting for job offers and the visa to work and live in Canada? How's that going for ya? Can ya give me any details?

Irreverent

Last edited:

Digitalpotato

Rants like a Gryphon
In 2012 during election season I'm hiding out in Calgary or somewhere in Alberta. Canadian Politics = how politics should be.

No Robocallers.
No smear ads plugging the TV.
No trilion dollar campaigns pushing ads in your face 24/7.
Something only.
Final destination.

This is why you should not register as an independent in a Swing State. X_X

I also wonder where that "Aboot" accent came from. The only Canadian I've ever heard say "Aboot" did it as a joke. I hear it more from scots. >.>;;

Ceuper

The Bucket of Truth
Oh God. Stay away from Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Alberta. HELL ZONES. YOU WILL PAY DEARLY. It's cold and most people are miserable gits. The West coast is decent. I've never been to the East but I hear it's alright, too.

Ceuper

The Bucket of Truth
I also wonder where that "Aboot" accent came from. The only Canadian I've ever heard say "Aboot" did it as a joke. I hear it more from scots. >.>;;

People have told me I have a Canadian accent. I don't think it's as obvious if you're used to it. I do say 'aboot' sometimes. 'Eh' not so much.

Tryp

Some dry white toast please
What do they speak?: English, French and Franglais.

How does the government work?: It doesn't.

Do people say "eh"?
: Oh yeah, eh. All the time. In Maui, some people told me I had a Canadian accent, even though I thought their accent didn't sound any different from mine.

Is it a nice place to live?: Depends.

Digitalpotato

Rants like a Gryphon
Chances are if I were gonna move to canada it'd be British columbia anyways so...

European Seed companies have the seed production out in British Columbia.

Tryp

Some dry white toast please
Chances are if I were gonna move to canada it'd be British columbia anyways so...

European Seed companies have the seed production out in British Columbia.
We British Columbians know all about seeds........and stems, and grow-ops and space cakes, and.......whooaaaaaaaaa my hands are huge!

Gaius_Baltar

It rubbs the lotion on its fur
Time to jump in on this (damn.. a lot of Otters here are Canadian.)

Language:
Though Canada has 2 official languages; English and French; Only Quebec has laws o really enforce the French Language (Every other province didn't and now everything french died off there in like, 2 generations)
Newfoundland-ish is the unofficial third language.. j/k

Government:
The Canadian Government doesn't have a President, and our pariment is composed of more than just 2 parties.
We have a Prime-Minister, who is the part leader of the party with the most seats in Palimet. The ammount of seats each party gets is determined by how many votes said party got.
Though there are thousands of idividual parties; there are 4 main ones that tend to get a large ammount of the votes, and a few smaller parties, that only get one or 2 seats in Parliment.
This basicly stops a single party from gaining all the power of the country (though the conservatives seem to act like they do have majority vote)
he prime-minister is simply a representative fo the country, and has signifficantly less pwer than a president would.
Pus; if the prime-minister is doing a shitty job; parliment may vote on having an other ellection.

We also get Universal Health-Care.
Not "Free health inurrance"
We make sure our medicare card isn't expired. if it is; simply apply for a renewed one; then if for whatever reason you need to go to the hospital; you can, and will not be charged a penny (though the waiting lines may be a pain) It's technically not free, because it's payed though taxes. But unless you're in the top 10% incomes; you're getting an amazing deal.
Hell. even if you're homeless; you can go to the hospital for, say, a broken arm, or an infection; and they'll fix ou right up, no charge.

And in Quebec; Elementary school, High-School and College (where you can also get some university-level programs, and technical training; not justcollege level stuff) are all subsidized by the government-- Completely free.

Are the people nice?:
Generally; people here are very polite -but ofcourse you get your assholes-
I can't speak for all of Canada. But Montreal is an extreamly nice city, and very liberal... except for a few small pieces filled with uber French Nationalists...

Shino

Now with more Writer's Block!
*Points a big, furry paw towards Wikipedia*

Besides, didn't we already have a thread just like this recently?

Burlington! ^.^

Wait, my Burlington? Burlington, VT? No, no NO NO NO! For the love of god, no! It's like a miniatureized San Fransisco, but more pathetic and there's nothing to do!
*Pounds on the invisible wall*
LET ME OUT! LET ME OUT!

Irreverent

Takun

Wof Wof Wof Wof Wof

No. They really don't. They put out good music, but they do not put the US to shame.

Irreverent

Also, about how much is deducted from one's pay in taxes in Ontario?

Taxes are progressive, the more you make, the more you pay. Provincial taxes are fixed, and municipal taxes are based on market assessment. Sources: http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/ndvdls/fq/txrts-eng.html and http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/ndvdls/fq/txrts-eng.html#provincial

Goods and service tax (a value added tax) is 6%, provincial sales taxes run 3-8% by province. Alberta has no provincial sales tax.

Last edited:

alaskawolf

it is pretty nice down there in canada