• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Candy and Fruit you HATE

LizardKing05

Life is so tiresome
I saw a thread about "Candy You Love" and got the idea for this thread from that. I want to know 1 type of Candy + 1 Fruit you hate and why. Also post a pic if you want, I wanna see it :)

I have a personal hatred for Licorice candy and cantaloupe.

Licorice tastes like candy if it were made from the human body, stale and cold.

RedLicorice2.jpg

And cantaloupe is cold, wet and always made me throw up from the taste alone as a kid.

R.jpg

Punji

Daedric Prince of Secrets
I hate pretty much anything cinnamon flavored in terms of candy. It's just awful. I like real cinnamon, but cinnamon flavored jelly beans or saltwater taffy are just terrible.

I hate mangoes. I don't know why they're so popular. They just don't taste good.

Last edited:

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child
I hate pretty much anything cinnamon flavored in terms of candy. It's just awful. I like real cinnamon, but cinnamon flavored jelly beans or saltwater taffy are just terrible.

I hate mangoes. I don't know why they're so popular. They just don't taste good.
Candy cinnamon tastes like violence and Mangos smell and taste TERRIBLE.
I blame smoothies. Everything else they add in masks the flavor.

GarthTheWereWolf

Captious Lycanthrope of Forum Legend
I hate chocolate. It gives me headaches when I eat it. I have dog-like food allergies or something. Just cant enjoy it :[

I also hate persimmons. They taste and smell like something best unmentioned. Just an immediate spit take for me.

japanese-fuyu-persimmon-picture-id93979896

LizardKing05

Life is so tiresome
I hate chocolate. It gives me headaches when I eat it. I have dog-like food allergies or something. Just cant enjoy it :[

I also hate persimmons. They taste and smell like something best unmentioned. Just an immediate spit take for me.

japanese-fuyu-persimmon-picture-id93979896

I'm curious about persimmons. Can you go into more detail about the taste?

NitroFastFur

Anything like haribo tangfastics. Why take a perfectly good gummy and ruin it with crystals of unpleasantness.

Judge Spear

Citrus, green apple, and grape candy is all awful.
I love all of those actual fruits and drinks of those flavors. I like some desserts for them as well. But in not one instance in my life have I had candy of those flavors that tastes good.

Rimna

I see lots of people hating on fruits and sweets I like.

giphy.webp

I don't like any coca-cola flavoured sweets. They taste like crap.
I don't like Marzipan "chocolate" either.

Come to think of it.

I resent any candy that leaves me feeling sticky or causes a mess. This includes liquid candy, stuff that melts (chocolate doesn't count) powder like pixy sticks.

Green_Brick

The "greenest" brick ever!
I'm definitely in the "anti-licorice" candy camp. haha --- I never really liked it when I was a kid, it just tasted awful to me. I tried it when I got older, but I felt the same. Licorice is just "bleh", at best, for me.

In terms of fruit? Hmm, I think persimmons? I do not like what they do to your mouth after you eat them, that's just unpleasant.

Minerva_Minx

Explosion loving skooma cat
Bitter melon. Filipinas may hate me, but I find it as inedible as cranberries on the vine.

Cranberry candy. I haven't seen anybody attempt to make bitter melon better.

Firuthi Dragovic

World Serpent, overly defensive
Candy-wise, I do not do well with any sort of sour candy. ESPECIALLY not Warheads. I barely tolerate lemon drops and they burn the inside of my mouth if I have too many, and that's WAY on the low end of 'sour'.

Fruit? Pineapple, actually. Normal apples are something where my taste buds like it but my insides don't, but pineapple's much more universally disagreeable for me.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
Candy-wise, I do not do well with any sort of sour candy. ESPECIALLY not Warheads. I barely tolerate lemon drops and they burn the inside of my mouth if I have too many, and that's WAY on the low end of 'sour'.

Fruit? Pineapple, actually. Normal apples are something where my taste buds like it but my insides don't, but pineapple's much more universally disagreeable for me.

I disliked pineapples when I was a child but they grew on me by the time I was an adult.

They're a pain in the butt to prepare though.

HarpyFeather

Writting Commissions Are Open <3
I think my least favorite candy, would have to be...anything ridiculously hard? Like most hard candies, I have the tooth strength of an old grandparent so I just can't stand how bad they feel??
Fruit-wise is really difficult, cause they're all natural and refreshing? Hmm...probably kiwi, they taste like supper sour grapes to me and I'm not as into it.

TrishaCat

The Cat in the FAF
Now and Laters, a kind of knockoff Starburst. Very gross less fruity harder versions of the things.
Worst fruit? Pineapple, no questions asked. Pineapples are the spawn of satan.,

Yakamaru

Å nei, cringe
Hate is a strong word. Don't like blueberries tho.