• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Candy You Love

Nexus Cabler

Vault Veteran
I find it nostalgic to talk about things I loved as a kid, such as candy, ( I still love it obviously) and I'd like to hear what amazing things you have enjoyed when you were young, and what you still enjoy today

I also am looking forward to hearing about unique candies from furs here who live outside the US.

Last edited:

Punji

Vaskebjørn
I've always loved saltwater taffy.

My father used to take me to a factory in town and we'd buy a big bag of it there and just eat it together in the parking lot behind the building for a while.

Every now and then I get some more from some place, and it's still exactly the same as it was all those years ago.

Nexus Cabler

Vault Veteran
I've always loved saltwater taffy.

My father used to take me to a factory in town and we'd buy a big bag of it there and just eat it together in the parking lot behind the building for a while.

Every now and then I get some more from some place, and it's still exactly the same as it was all those years ago.
I've had this before, and yes, it's amazing. You'd think by the name it would taste like....salt water, but far from it. I got a large bag of some from a gift shop from my trip to Florida. It was gone in a week ^^

Kingman

Inquisitor of the Radical Ordo
I used to absolutely love Reese's but here recently seems like that changed the formula. Last few I'd had tasted very salty.

So right now my favorite is the mint kit-kats. And I'm sucker for gimmicky stuff so the new 'not an egg' kinder egg chocolates and the Yowie things, that have toys inside them are also quite enjoyable.

Tacoshark

Defender of the Sacred Nuggs
As a kid that grew up with allergies to peanuts and tree nuts, finding candies I could eat could get quite challenging. Even then, you could find yourself liking something and then they change where they make it and suddenly with the new warning on the label you can't have that candy anymore (still upset about that happening with KitKat amd Snocaps). I was somewhat a popular kid to trade with on Halloween because of this.

Anyway, one tried and true treat that has never let me down is Whoppers. Not everyone loves malt taste but I can't get enough of it and as one of the few chocolate treats I can eat it is a deep attachment I have. Whoppers were my comfort treat for a while and still a guilty pleasure.

Yakamaru

Very Speshul Title
Oh my god, where do I even start? ^^''

Napoleon's cake
Chocolate cake
sjokoflarn
Brownies
Salt licorice
Peach candy
Lemon cake
Ice cream with almond
Ice cream with licorice

The list goes on and on, listing aaaaaall the candy, but I will stop there before I give myself sugary goodness cravings. :p

Also, sugar can and will be an addiction as well, so be careful and aware on how much you consume it.

Nexus Cabler

Vault Veteran
Oh my god, where do I even start? ^^''

Napoleon's cake
Chocolate cake
sjokoflarn
Brownies
Salt licorice
Peach candy
Lemon cake
Ice cream with almond
Ice cream with licorice

The list goes on and on, listing aaaaaall the candy, but I will stop there before I give myself sugary goodness cravings. :p

Also, sugar can and will be an addiction as well, so be careful and aware on how much you consume it.
All of these sound delicious

Lexiand

Werewolf With A Picsaw

Zenoth

[redacted by staff]
Ah man. We had "great" candy when I was growing up. Bottles caps were hella good (think neco wafers in cap form). Nic a nibs (a nickle for a 5 pack) that were just wax bottles filled with sugar water and coloring. The box with the angry cherries (lemon heads but cherry). Lemon heads circus peanuts dots buttons all good stuff. Candy cigarettes that were just sticks of sugar with convection sugar for "smoke". And the forbidden candy... Cherry Ludens which took me years to realize were cough drops lol. Jujubee's where hella good but felt like they could rip a filling out. There were more but I'm blanking on a few names. Looking back over the list it's surprising that gen x doesn't have more diabetes.

Borophagus Metropolis

The official prehistoric floofy woof of FAF
Ah man. We had "great" candy when I was growing up. Bottles caps were hella good (think neco wafers in cap form). Nic a nibs (a nickle for a 5 pack) that were just wax bottles filled with sugar water and coloring. The box with the angry cherries (lemon heads but cherry). Lemon heads circus peanuts dots buttons all good stuff. Candy cigarettes that were just sticks of sugar with convection sugar for "smoke". And the forbidden candy... Cherry Ludens which took me years to realize were cough drops lol. Jujubee's where hella good but felt like they could rip a filling out. There were more but I'm blanking on a few names. Looking back over the list it's surprising that gen x doesn't have more diabetes.
Omg the cherry candy. I loved those things! They weren't angry, they were Asian!

Not even racist or anything. LOL

Also: SAY NO TO DRUGS

Zenoth

[redacted by staff]
Omg the cherry candy. I loved those things! They weren't angry, they were Asian!

Not even racist or anything. LOL

Also: SAY NO TO DRUGS
when the box faded a bit they looked angry... will meet in the middle with Angry asain cherry goodness ^^. God those things were good, mouth is watering just looking at the packaging xD

Kinare

RAWR
Caaaaandy? Yes please.

Sour. In my youth, this was my go to. Warheads, Lemonheads, sour gummies - any and all of it. If it advertised as sour or tangy, I tried it at least once.
I still enjoy sour, but not so much with the extremes, I prefer a combo of sour and sweet. This still includes Lemonheads and sour gummies, but not so much the Warheads. I recently tried sour blue bottles from a bulk food retailer online and those are really good.

Mint. Always a top favorite for me since childhood and moreso adulthood. Favs in that category: Mentos, spearmint drops, Winterfresh gum, homemade peppermint candies (both in cane and regular form), and a new discovery of peppermint ribbon candy. The ribbon candy is a bit hard to eat because the pieces are big, but the flavor is on point.

Chocolate. My weakness... chocolate covered pretzels.

Cinnamon. This is a more recent fav, and one I only feel on occasion, but when I do feel the craving it's intense. This first started thanks to a Taco Bell that I lived near giving out cinnamon mints with their food. They were so frickin' good. I haven't had luck finding anything similar sadly. Everything I've tried either has too much kick, or barely has any cinnamon flavor to it.

Fcomega121

Friendly Maned Fox + Phoenix
Oooh my I love marshmellows
Specially long ones I always have loved!

And being more local
I love the arroz con leche! (Milk rice)
it tastes sooooo goood!!!!
As chris pratt said "heaven in a cup" as it tastes so sweet and smooth ^w^

And lollipops from a lot of brands!

Can't even choose candies!! :3

TyraWadman

The Silent Observer
I don't know anymore. Nothing is made the same as it was ten years ago. :( Even my marshmallow candies are being replaced with lower quality knockoffs.

Marshmallow bananas and strawberries. I know I used to love aero chocolate but even that has become bland. One new gummy I tried here was really good. Its like a gummy tart.