• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Can't get into FA anymore O.o

Yeah, I'm surprised I can even get here to tell anyone...

Anyway, I can't get to any part of the non-forum FA, I keep getting "Connection timed out" messages and the like, though I don't see why... it's been going on for a few days now.

Any ideas as to why?

Damaratus

Care to join me in my lab?
ElazulAoneko said:
Yeah, I'm surprised I can even get here to tell anyone...

Anyway, I can't get to any part of the non-forum FA, I keep getting "Connection timed out" messages and the like, though I don't see why... it's been going on for a few days now.

Any ideas as to why?

The forums are on a different server than the main site, so it's a rarity that both will go down at the same time.

Dragoneer's explanation for the site outtage.

Basically we're not getting a server response right now, we're doing our best to figure out how to get things running again.

Damaratus

ElazulAoneko said:
Ah, thank you very much... Just wanted to know it wasn't something horribly wrong on my end (as it has been twice before >.>;; )

This is definitely a server related problem, not a user one. ^^

uncia2000

Rasiel Draconis said:
Maybe some ninjas attacked the server?
As good a theory as any, alas. :?

Having server problems on a Sunday is generally a bad idea.
I don't know whether anyone will be trying to make the long drive over tonight to check things out: long weekend shifts for those best placed, unfortunately.

Apologies again for the outage (by far the longest for quite some time) and hopefully that hasn't spoiled too many weekends.
(And fingers crossed there's nothing seriously wrong with the server).

Regards,
David/u2k.

furryskibum

uncia2000 said:
Apologies again for the outage (by far the longest for quite some time) and hopefully that hasn't spoiled too many weekends.

I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT MY FA FIX!!!11!! *head explodes*

Nah, that's not really true (though it's close XD ). I also hope it's nothing deathly serious!

Myr

Big Dragon
Hey, it's back up now. >^.=.^< Not sure what's going on behind the scenes, but FA is working now.

uncia2000

Aha... as if by magic.
Guess the ninjas saw off those pirates, then.

(Kudos to our ninja ferret hosting guru, I suspect, even if that was a lot longer than we would've liked for any unplanned outage).

Don't all crowd in at once... ;)

WHPellic

Damaratus said:
The forums are on a different server than the main site, so it's a rarity that both will go down at the same time.

It usually happens during total lunar eclipses or when a typhoon passes near Taiwan.

Damaratus

WHPellic said:
It usually happens during total lunar eclipses or when a typhoon passes near Taiwan.

We're still trying to harness that silly old chaos effect. *looks around for that damn butterfly flappin' its wings*

WHPellic

Damaratus said:
We're still trying to harness that silly old chaos effect. *looks around for that damn butterfly flappin' its wings*

Well, Tropical Storm Bopha is near Taiwan. There's the reason for the recent outage!

muddypaws

Bears rock!
Yeah I saw the temporary drop out too. Hey...it happens. Probably gremlins.

BTW, any news on when the FA Search feature will be back up and running? The "Brouse" is a bit time consuming when trying to track particular artwork.

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
Well, I've got something to admit... there's an unfortunate issue with the server's wiring that causes a problem at the hosting facility every time a toilet flushes. Y'know how when your taking a shower and somebody flushes, everything gets BURNING HOT and you scream and panic?

Yeah, it's something like that.

Emerson

FYI I am a SPY.
That's a, ah, interesting design if the servers are connected to the plumbing.

Modern thinking ahoy!

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
Emerson said:
That's a, ah, interesting design if the servers are connected to the plumbing.

Modern thinking ahoy!
It's, uh... because we have liquid cooling. Yeah, that's it. That's the ticket.

Emerson

FYI I am a SPY.
I now have the mental image of the FA crew running around the server aisles, holding their crotches and screaming.

"I have to use the bathroom but if I do THE SERVER WILL COME AFLAME! OH GOD THE DILEMMA HURTS!"