• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Can't Submit Anything

I have created a help ticket for this issue a few days ago, but I have not received any word back about it, which is the only reason I'm asking for help here. I have no idea if this is a problem on my computer specifically, or something related to the outage we had last week!

Every time I try to submit an image to my gallery, I get a prompt on the top of my screen beside the www search bar that says, "NOT SECURE". After a minute or so of waiting for the page to load, I get a blank screen that says "error 524" which I'm assuming is just because the page timed out.

If it helps at all, my account on FA (same name here) is new, yes, but I am not new to FA. (just wanted a fresh start, but clearly I haven't gotten far lol) This never happened on my old account prior to the outage, though.

Any tips to try?

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Staff member
Site Director
Administrator
We've had a few reports about this. We're currently investigating to see if we can find where the problem lay, and if it may be related to our recent outage. That said, people who have encountered this error were able to successfully upload, though it did take a few attempts.

Slayde

We've had a few reports about this. We're currently investigating to see if we can find where the problem lay, and if it may be related to our recent outage. That said, people who have encountered this error were able to successfully upload, though it did take a few attempts.

This is also now happening to me. Started just this evening. Tried 2 different browsers, didnt make a difference. Timed out with "Error: Bad Gateway. Host is not responding".

Krayne

Yeah, i'm had the same problem too, except it was only a problem when I tried to upload a .swf file. Chrome got stuck on "waiting for furafinity.net" and eventually lead to a default "could not connect to server" page. But that was 5 minutes ago. It seems to be working now.

I figured out that my problem specifically was that my images were too big .-. I thought they were supposed to shrink down to an appropriate size automatically, but they didn't. Shrinking them down to a good size myself solved my issue. Dunno if others are having that exact problem, though.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
I figured out that my problem specifically was that my images were too big .-. I thought they were supposed to shrink down to an appropriate size automatically, but they didn't. Shrinking them down to a good size myself solved my issue. Dunno if others are having that exact problem, though.

It's useful for other people to try, regardless.

quoting_mungo

I don't know if it's still the case, but when I was on staff, the server(?) handling image resizing could only do so much. Files a little larger than listed maximum should work fine, but files that are significantly bigger (like, several times bigger IIRC) could sometimes result in some wonky results (timeouts or missing image files). So, yeah, shrinking images down to something reasonable is easier for the site to process.

Last edited: