• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Image/Thumbnail Problems: Can't update image file anymore, only thumbnail gets updated

Vinay

Hi,
Ever since the attack I can't update image files anymore on existing posts :(
It works without the caching, but browsing the page normally brings up the old image. I've waited more than 24 hours and it's still the same.

Another artist said she's getting the same issue.
Please help :(

Kragith Zedrok

Black and Red All Day Long
Hi,
It works without the caching, but browsing the page normally brings up the old image. I've waited more than 24 hours and it's still the same.

No clue if this is relevant but on Facebook FA just posted this page. Says if your having trouble to flush your DNS

http://www.wikihow.com/Flush-DNS

Vinay

Uhm, thanks, but this isn't related.
Also I tried from multiple computers. This is a server side issue as far as I can tell from here.

Uberskunk

Art Student Saboteur
I'm having this same issue so I hope it gets looked into.

Wolfool

I seem to be getting it the other way around... main image appeared but the thumbnail is now showing as image not found :l

Quillu

Hi,

SAME HERE!!! :O

I cannot reupload the file, no matter what I do. the quality is crappy (shrunken) even if the file was the right size. Nothing works!

Help us FA admins, You are our only hope!

Just in case:

FA ACCOUNT NAME: Quillu
USERS INVOLVED: prolly many others
LINKS/REFERENCE:
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/14818640/ http://www.furaffinity.net/view/14790656/ (NSFW) the files I tried to change
STEPS YOU TOOK: I used the page option 'change submission file'

Last edited:

PheagleAdler

Now that is weird...I see the dimensions say one thing but the actual file is still 1280x---

evilmasterful

I have the same problem. It's weird I tried to re-upload a picture that I left the background out of but now while the thumbnail version has the background in it the large one still doesn't.

CinnaTree

Living on the other side~
I guess I can definitely say I have been having the same problems as above people for some days now. I have been trying the "change submission file" function several times and no luck xP. It appears that only the thumbnail is updated. Does any moderators know what might be the cause of this problem?

I guess I can always re-upload the drawing but I am hesitant to spam my watcher's with a drawing that has just some minor fixes. And I run the risk of losing the comments I got from the viewers xP

Last edited:

Yohanngabe

Yes, I have tried to change the file format, to change the name, to re-size it etc... Nothing as changed, it's still the same thing.

Lurid

☆
Having the same problem, and reporting in to say several other people on-site (gathered from journal posts) are too. Considering the fact that I am trying to make a price sheet for my commissions and will be hard-pressed to fit all of that information within 1280 pixels, I too really hope this gets "fixed" soon :I

DiscoPanda

Guessing that the file is being cached by CloudFlare.

The results of the procedure outlined in https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/200169556 seem to be supporting my theory.

I did a little looking, and it does appear possible for a site to selectively purge specific files from their CloudFlare cache, perhaps whoever codes for FA could tack an api call to CloudFlare to purge the submission page and image to the end of the submission update code? Though there does seem to be rate limiting, so if 2 things are purged per update, that would limit it to 50 updates per minute. (Hopefully nowhere near that amount are actually being performed anyways, but I really don't know what's a common rate for submission updates on FA.)

Relevant api information: https://www.cloudflare.com/docs/client-api.html#s4.5

Chaossal

Having the same problem :/ some marking where left out in a picture so tryed to update but the full view wont update even with F5 :/

I've got the same problem.

Thumbnail updates, but the actual picture doesn't, no matter what I do, logging out/in, clearing cookies, refreshing, hard refresh, etc
However, others have reported the image has updated.

GreenReaper

Rambling Norn
Even if you use a new machine to access the file, it will do so via the same CloudFlare server in your area, which will have cached the file.

Those elsewhere may see a different file, or not, depending on whether someone in their region has accessed it yet.

FA probably needs to either update its image references to include a file time or version, or use the CloudFlare API to individually clear the cache entries for these images upon update.

GarthTheWereWolf

Captious Lycanthrope of Forum Legend
Glad to know I'm not the only one having this issue. I notice that it updates for other people viewing it (IE they see the new larger image) after an hour or so, but for me its taken 3-4 days before it changes on my end so I see the new file image instead of the old one. Even when viewing it from a different computer.

For those having trouble viewing the updated large files, what happens if you add something like ?t=<today's-date> to the end of the "download" URL? Does it still show the old file?

fek

I've also tried uploading and viewing through HTTPS, as well as uploading and viewing from multiple proxies. No dice on anything. I'd really love to hear something about this. :p