• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Car or Fursuit?

Lexiand

Werewolf a Tophat
does the fursuit has wheels or something?

MadKiyo

Imma bat in yer rafters
Why I'm no fanatic about cars but...

Cars > fursuit

I can always appreciate a nicely restored oldie for a few pretty pennies.

D

Deleted member 82554

There are two key differences between the two: One is not just a luxury item and is more of a need than a want.

I think the choice should be quite obvious...

Yakamaru

Autumn wolf
Hmm, lets see..

One is a thing you can use every day to and from work, the store, travel with, drive family members/friends around, etc.

The other is a suit you will at most use once a year, perhaps two.

The choice is obvous here, mate. Pick the god damn fursuit!

The car, obviously.

Julen

✮ Banter Squad Member ✮
Firearm

Jarren

You can't just quote yourself! -Me
Buy the car.
Use the car to commute to a better paying job.
Save money from said job.
Used saved money to purchase suit.
Get into high speed police chase in the car while wearing the suit.
Make sure to get lots of media coverage.
Become internet famous!

biscuitfister

Anyone want thier biscuit fisted?
Car man. I would hands down get a car before a suit.

FlannelFox

dem leggies
Find yourself an older model car or motorbike that has cosmetic issues but runs and spend what's leftover on materials to make a fursuit.
You get transportation AND get to do what makes you happy.

S

Saylor

Get yourself a car. I'd honestly recommend saving up until next year though. Next year, the 1993 Toyota Supra turns 25 years old which means you can legally import a right hand drive Supra into the US as classic car. And since they're more of a normal car in countries like Japan, they won't be super expensive. I see some modified Supras going for $13k which isn't too bad when you compare it to the ones already in the US going for $100k. Sure, it might be expensive to pay for insurance on one of those, but at the same time you have to realize that if you were to ever own one, now would be the time because the price of buying one is only going to go up and you're younger now and you haven't reached the age of having responsibilities such as having kids or only driving in rush hour to get to work which at that point is totally pointless to have something fast because you're not really getting to enjoy the car.

Personally, I'm saving up for a Corvette, but I know as soon as a kid comes into my life, I'll have to sell it for a station wagon or a minivan because I'll be afraid of just having a hot car in the garage with a teenager who hangs Lamborghini posters in their room. I'll acknowledge the kid likes cars, but I don't want my kid to go on a 200 mph joyride in it.

But, that's my opinion. My family has always been gearheads. My grandfather had a 1942 Dodge and he'd drag race in it with his coworkers, my uncle's first car was a 1974 Plymouth Duster with a race spec Chrysler 340 in it and he'd get it going so fast that the roof would cave down until there was a one inch gap between the roof and the windows and still be accelerating. His next car was a 1992 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 which would do 60-100 in under 30 feet. My dad had a 1972 Chevy Chevelle SS with a 454 big block in it and he would drag race my uncle's Duster a lot. My grandmother had a Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme 442x. Their aunt had a 1969 Chevy Impala SS. I have a Subaru Outback XT which has the same engine, turbocharger, chassis, transmission, and AWD system as an STi, but it also has all the benefits of room as a station wagon and it has a sunroof as big as the roof with heated leather seats in the front.

L

Leoni Zheitk

One time the one claimed he could see the difference in fps between games better than our other friend because he has ADHD.
Bogus, I have ADHD and I can't see that well.
Though, that would be really cool if I could...