• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

cars

Tony White

hey i'm fourteen and i'm wondering what cars could be used in an area like alaska that wont rust
if you could help i would be grateful

Taralack

Hit 'em right between the eyes
What does your age have to do with this question?

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
I'd go with a limousine. I heard they work well in arctic conditions and are practically impervious

Luca

Lined my brain with more eyes
Oh wow they let you get your permit at 14 there. Must be more likely to hit a moose than another person in most of the state.

sidewalksurfboard

Depressive Rat
Get a Ford Pinto

what's a hilux? *googles* oh.

rust wouldn't be an issue if you got a newer (1998+) model year car. what you'd want is what you would be driving on or in: sand / snow / dirt / mud / trails / rivers / etc ? rust would be the least of your worries if your car is stuck in the mud.

that being said, jeep wrangler. good overall, cheap and can do any of the above. also, support american? lol. i guess, unless it was made in mexico. :p

Kosdu

Realistically?

A good reliable SUV with four wheel drive and a manual transmission.
It's what my dad has up Idaho, which is still warm compared to the absurdity that is alaska.

Tony White

yes thank you guys for helping, i appreciate that a lot, it'll be hard to get those cars up here because well, we got mostly muscle

Tony White

also alaska is pretty goddamn warm right now, last year no snow at all during winter and now 75 forest fires

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.

LazerMaster5

Lost in the Static
Get a Toyota Prius and put a lift kit on it with off road tires. Fuel efficient and off road ready.
Or you can get a Jeep. SUVs are popular in Ohio, especially with the rough winters. Jeeps are the best.

Khaki

AFP's Most Unwanted
Most vehicles will eventually rust over time unless they're made of plastic, you'll just need to take
measures in maintenance and care of your vehicle in order to prolong it's life, it just depends on how much you wish to invest.

I hear those Electronic Rust Prevention devices are supposed to be effective but are quite costly to install.

Jeeps are the best.

You can ride in my Jeep any time.

Last edited:

NachtWolf

Most vehicles will eventually rust over time unless they're made of plastic, you'll just need to take
measures in maintenance and care of your vehicle in order to prolong it's life, it just depends on how much you wish to invest.

I hear those Electronic Rust Prevention devices are supposed to be effective but are quite costly to install.

You can ride in my Jeep any time.

ALL VEHICLES WILL RUST EVENTUALLY
As I live in the state of excessive road salt, I would say that it's really best to just keep watch on your vehicle. Wash it regularly, learn to treat rust areas and handle problems early on. I'm working on recoating my truck's frame with POR-15, a little extreme but I'm very particular about rust.

As for vehicles to use in Alaska.. AWD or 4WD would certainly help. If you use good all weather tires, winter tires aren't all that necessary. I used a 2001 Subaru Outback 5M for a while and I enjoyed it.

And finally.. enjoy the car you end up with. Make it your own.