• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Cataclsym and the Latest Patch

BloodYoshi

I've seen PVP druids torn apart by skilled players who know how to take a tree down. It's not that hard. It's called Teamwork...it's when people fail at it that trees become a problem.

EDIT: In fact it's not the druid in TREE form that even is a real problem.

teamwork? In WoW? unless you're running a premade, good luck with that

in arenas trees were easier to deal with because you have more coordination options, but that doesn't mean they aren't a pain in the ass

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
you probably beat one in a duel one time or something

/golfclap

it's okay dude, I lie too

Hahahaha!
Get the fuck out of here.

After playing alongside one, it is not that had to take down a tree, especially if you are a tank warrior. Other than that, it makes me question your Critical thinking as a Warrior tank when it comes to PvP, or you can't find a tree in a clusterfuck BG.

Other than that, QQ more.

The only thing that druids are immune to are polymorphs. You can banish trees, fear, stunned by warriors, paladins, rogues and Ninja kitties, silenced by anyone with a silence, drain mana, etc. etc.

There are plenty of ways to lock up a tree in PvP.

Trpdwarf

Lurking in Castle Moats
It is hard and they're an extremely versatile healer due to their survivability, mana/healing efficiency, and immunity to so many crowd controls because of tree form (sap, mind control, polymorph, hex, am I missing more?). I don't believe for a second anyone who has ever played in an arena match would claim a tree to be easy to kill. The amounts of teamwork and coordination it takes to kill them by far outweighs other healers.

You could stick a tree on anything with two melee classes and it will faceroll to 2200, I'm not even joking.

The fact they have to heal as a humanoid besides that 30 seconds as tree now is a blessing. Some Rogues will be able to Sap them now before they get anything off, I as a Frost Mage will personally be grateful to be able to Polymorph interrupt them again, and so on. Being in caster form so much now as well means they'll have to be more aware of being stunned, now that they won't have those armor benefits tree form provided.

If you were able to kill a tree in a battleground then don't feel special. Most battleground players don't have a clue on how to properly utilize line of sight and are undergeared, they can be killed with little trouble. Tree in the open (anything in the open) = dead! You'd be amazed just how many line of sight spots there are in battlegrounds too, people always seem to think that is only limited to arenas for some reason.

PvP in the expansion is going to be different! I just logged on after 3 months and I can't believe the changes to the talents. Rogue looks so tempting to play again.

So a druid tree can't be hex'd, or poly-morphed? Before the last patch these things applied:
Marksman hunters could silence them, and hunters in general could siphon their Mana.
An intelligent well rounded hunter can lock up a druid tree rather well.
Boomkin spec druids can cyclone trees. Trees are not immune cyclone. They are also not immune to the stuns that feral spec kitties have.
Trees can also be feared just like anything else by priests and warlocks.
Trees can be stunned by rouges(cheap-shot, gouge)
Trees can be stunned by warriors(I've had it happen to me before but I don't know what the ability is).
They can be frozen my mages. Warlocks can also banish them.

So what's this about a lot of the crowd control things not working? Druids already had to be aware of stuns and their surroundings to begin with. Silly of you suggest otherwise.

Moving on, oh listen to you talk about their armor. It's easy to QQ about the tree's armor. Kind of like how people stupidly cry about the bear's health pool and disregard what Bear tanks don't have that other tanks do. But I don't see people QQing about mail wearing shamans....and what they have is kind of comparable to what druid healers had. The only thing is that you don't get to instantly judge a shaman by it's appearance the same way you do a druid. As to your think about armor? As a kitty I have no problem tearing through a druid's armor in tree form. But you know if you are raiding you want your tree to have that armor buff. So you would think you'd deal with that one supposed difficulty after realizing how while it's annoying in one area it's super beneficial in another.

Funny how people like to shit talk the druids. Lets justify a nuke that affects all four levels of game play because some pussies have problems with it in one aspect. Google forbid people have to work at it to win Arenas. Google forbid people learn the value of TEAMWORK.

teamwork? In WoW? unless you're running a premade, good luck with that

in arenas trees were easier to deal with because you have more coordination options, but that doesn't mean they aren't a pain in the ass
Yes, TEAMWORK...it's what got my my Kingslayer title dude. It's what allows 11 people to hold a bar in Storm-Wind when you have 30 allies bearing down on you. Teamwork wins you titles, arena wins, and fun successful battlegrounds.

If you can't bother to try dabbling in it, you don't QQ about classes being OP because you have a problem with it. Just because a class may be a pain in the ass for your team to take care of does not justify mindless babbling about "QQ this class needs to be nuked" and "QQ they finally nuked it yay!"

EDIT: That said at the end of the day people should think about how different classes and their specs and how the annoying things about them factor into the four major parts of the game :Questing, Raiding, Arenas, and Battlegrounds. You may find in one area something that really really ticks you off. You should think about it's uses in other aspects of game play before running around crying about the class needing a nerf, or thinking that a class is OP. While you might want something nerfed to make things in one area easier for you, it could go against you later in another aspect of the game.

Last edited:

BloodYoshi

hahaha, you guys want to know a secret?

I don't play wow

it's just adorable that you feel so threatened about this: you even feel the need to put together lengthy, meticulously constructed posts that I'm not going to read

Last edited by a moderator:

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
hahaha

you guys want to know a secret

I don't play wow

Backpeddling. How cute.
:3c

EDIT: Stop back-peddling, and take your verbal whipping like a proper furfag.

Last edited:

Trpdwarf

Lurking in Castle Moats
hahaha, you guys want to know a secret?

I don't play wow

it's just adorable that you feel so threatened about this

Translation: Back peddle tyme noaw! :V

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard

Trpdwarf

Lurking in Castle Moats
but then you'll quit humoring me!

and nobody wants that

How adorable....see children this is what we call the "I pretend to troll you" defense. It's a common tactic that amateur forum posters use to absolve themselves of any liability. Lets just sit and watch.
Dawwww (insert heart emote here)

BloodYoshi

so, given all that's happened above, I just want to assure onlookers that Zeke and Trpdwarf have the supreme expert opinion here. it's very clear they've poured their hearts and souls into the mechanics of this massive multiplayer online role playing game. no one should challenge such overwhelming pride!

I hope you both can login to your bank alts today with the comfort of knowing you were not proven wrong by commoners and street urchins

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
so, given all that's happened above, I just want to assure onlookers that Zeke and Trpdwarf have the supreme expert opinion here. it's very clear they've poured their hearts and souls into the mechanics of this massive multiplayer online role playing game. no one should challenge such overwhelming pride!

I hope you both can login to your bank alts today with the comfort of knowing you were not proven wrong by commoners and street urchins

U mad bro?

ITP: RAEGquit

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
actually, I was just thinking about how much I admire your incredible insight about outdated PvP mechanics!

How cute. Now you care. :V

Seriously, tree druids were annoying as heck just like any healer in PvP, but if were not difficult to kill.
But then again, Prot PvP is shit to begin with in 3.5.X, 4.0, and in the cata beta.

But I can feel sympathy for you. if you can't kill it, it has to be nerfed.

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
Why are you guys arguing with Chill? It's a pretty big waste of time seeing as how he's so dense.

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
Why are you guys arguing with Chill? It's a pretty big waste of time seeing as how he's so dense.

Because he cares. :V

BloodYoshi

in the end, I hope we can all just get over ourselves and not be haters

like willow, willow is such a hater

Oovie

Fabulous Secret Powers
Alright, alright I'll concede. I made counter arguments to all those points but dropped them as it wasn't entirely beginning to sound like me anymore, so I apologize if I came off as cocksure.

I will say however that all those points are shared by every other healer, and I was only pointing out how elementals have less to worry about than humanoids (banish yes, though that's very easy to shift and avoid(same deal for mana burn and a few other spells)). The change will put them more on terms with other humanoid healers in PvP, yet still retaining their survivability and mobility nonetheless (besides those 30 seconds of tree form). Maybe cleave teams will be a bit squishier because of it, and I don't think that's a bad thing for those teams.

I do have a question though as it is mentioned Hunters effectively drain Druids, can Druids no longer dispel Viper Sting? Whats up with that, you used to just instantly dispel it right?

Zaraphayx

Banned
Banned
I love how class balance discussions are like discussing racism for WoW.

SO SERIOUS GUYS.

Oovie

Fabulous Secret Powers
I love how class balance discussions are like discussing racism for WoW.

SO SERIOUS GUYS.
I'm guessing the metaphor is, "That's racist" is equivalent to "X is fine, learn to play"? Something like that?

Digitalpotato

Rants like a Gryphon
So Iam excited about Cataclysm coming out in December ,but Iam not to hot about the most recent patch they made.Iam a Pally Tank and it seems to me that I have been nerfed.
Its seems to me that Caster classes got the most out of this patch than anyone else.

Because intellect is finally fixed. YAHOOO!!!!! That's how it should have been!