• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Cataclsym and the Latest Patch

Zaraphayx

Banned
Banned
I'm guessing the metaphor is, "That's racist" is equivalent to "X is fine, learn to play"? Something like that?

Kinda yeah, telling someone their class is overpowered is like making a bigoted comment to them; judging by the way they react anyway.

I mean, Trps posts are always fairly long and wordy, but good god if her and Zeke didn't totally fucking get way too into it because some random guy said druids were OP.

Had I entered this thread without announcing my thoughts on this phenomenon beforehand I could have probably have sparked PAGES of rage from most of the people here.

I might even still have a chance to yet :3

Last edited:

Oovie

Fabulous Secret Powers
I don't know what it is with Blizzard's games lately, they seem to make everyone so defensive in their forums. Even I have to stop myself from getting into it. Starcraft II beta forums seemed very productive until the game's release, now everyone is always at each other's throats when I read those forums.

Or is it all games are just like that?

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
I do have a question though as it is mentioned Hunters effectively drain Druids, can Druids no longer dispel Viper Sting? Whats up with that, you used to just instantly dispel it right?

You can't really.
But the DoT timer for Viper sting was short. The only way to make it more effective was using Chimera shot and it would drain the mana from a druid faster.

I am happy with some of the patches changes...but sad to see Viper sting, Armor Pen, and a few other things gone....and they also removed the Shaman's ability to dispel disease. >.>

I mean, Trps posts are always fairly long and wordy, but good god if her and Zeke didn't totally fucking get way too into it because some random guy said druids were OP.

I am so sorry that I couldn't be nice. :V

But really, Druids weren't that hard to kill, just fucking annoying as any other healing class. They really didn't need to be nerfed that much..and tree chopping was fun.

Most of the userbase of Blizzard is "If I can kill it or if people pick it over me, then it has to be nerfed" mentallity. Certain classes were already balanced with each other before certain nerfs.
Which comes down to the Lrn2play.

Last edited:

Trpdwarf

Lurking in Castle Moats
I don't know what it is with Blizzard's games lately, they seem to make everyone so defensive in their forums. Even I have to stop myself from getting into it. Starcraft II beta forums seemed very productive until the game's release, now everyone is always at each other's throats when I read those forums.

It's because when you get collective whiny brats QQing about classes being OP it ruins the experience for everyone else. The collective user base pretty much punishes good players who take the time to learn to play their class to the fullest. You almost become afraid to master you class because once people have jealousy issues over how you do in PVE, or problems taking you down in PVP they run off to the forums and cry a whole bunch.

If they get enough people to cry enough than the classes they want gets nuked. Any game where this kind of things happens, that you cry enough and you get your way no matter the consequences long and short term...this is what happens. People go at each others throats. Blizzard has a history in WoW of listening to the user base who has no idea what the fuck they are asking for and what the long term consequences will be.

Last edited:

Zaraphayx

Banned
Banned
I am so sorry that I couldn't be nice. :V

But really, Druids weren't that hard to kill, just fucking annoying as any other healing class. They really didn't need to be nerfed that much..and tree chopping was fun.

Most of the userbase of Blizzard is "If I can kill it or if people pick it over me, then it has to be nerfed" mentallity. Certain classes were already balanced with each other before certain nerfs.
Which comes down to the Lrn2play.

There's being mean, and then there's multi-shitpost-trolling because some guy said something about a video game that you disagree with.

Last edited:

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
There's being mean, and then there's multi-shitpost-trolling because some guy said something about a video game that you disagree with.

QQ some more. :V

And you are stating this like it is something new.
I rather like being irreverent.

Last edited:

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard

Taralack

Hit 'em right between the eyes
Your chibi rogue icon means I must hate you. :V

Digitalpotato

Rants like a Gryphon

That's every game - even n this board where people are talking about different games, everyone is at eachother's throats and becoming rabid rampaging werewolves for the silliest reasons. ("I dislike this game so I am going to mutate into a werewolf and kill all of their fans because how dare they like something I don't! I KNOW quality and I am the law!")

Lurk

More.
Everything got buffed in 4.0 that was caster and healer. Anyone saying otherwise is retarded and melee are doing around the same if not more damage prepatch.

Druid healers were never hard to kill. Some RMP fag was saying earlier that they were. It's called target transitioning. their HoTs never activated in time to save their target if you just kept switching. Mana was never a problem for any healers.

I love how some PvE fag thinks that doing easy mode content qualifies their opinion in PvP because "team work" is something you use in PvP and PvE. lol.

Also, Jesus Christ, 13 level 80s. That's just too much. Gratz on your mountain of mounts.

Mentova

I live, I die, I live again
Mages are the worst in PvP now. During some good ol' Lakeshire raiding we ended up getting a group of a few healers and an ice mage on us. Normally my IRL friend (disc priest) and I (enhancement shaman) can steamroll them but nope. The mage just followed us around and... spammed ice lance. Over, and over, and over...

The mage couldn't kill me/my friend and I couldn't kill the mage due to him having 2 or 3 healers. We ended up dying because my friend went OOM.

Even in 1v1 that damn mage just spammed ice lance...

Also, yay I am still the only forum user on stormreaver. :V

Last edited:

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
Mages are the worst in PvP now. During some good ol' Lakeshire raiding we ended up getting a group of a few healers and an ice mage on us. Normally my IRL friend (disc priest) and I (enhancement shaman) can steamroll them but nope. The mage just followed us around and... spammed ice lance. Over, and over, and over...

The mage couldn't kill me/my friend and I couldn't kill the mage due to him having 2 or 3 healers. We ended up dying because my friend went OOM.

Even in 1v1 that damn mage just spammed ice lance...

Also, yay I am still the only forum user on stormreaver. :V

So the mage was just Frost trolling you?

Mentova

So the mage was just Frost trolling you?
Pretty much.

At least I can spam earthbind totem, engineer mind control helm enchant (which it, and other engineer tinkers, no longer stack with normal enchants. hellz yes) and hex to annoy lowbies :V

Oh, and I finally got around to updating my beta client so I'll hop on there from time to time to check stuff out.

Last edited:

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
Pretty much.

At least I can spam earthbind totem, engineer mind control helm enchant (which it, and other engineer tinkers, no longer stack with normal enchants. hellz yes) and hex to annoy lowbies :V

Oh, and I finally got around to updating my beta client so I'll hop on there from time to time to check stuff out.

I spa-troll with my rogue now and then.
it's pretty funny if you do it to a person that cannot detect you, or a rogue that hasn't seen you.

The female Worgens are now playable and they fixed the "Running Wild" animation.

Mentova

I spa-troll with my rogue now and then.
it's pretty funny if you do it to a person that cannot detect you, or a rogue that hasn't seen you.

The female Worgens are now playable and they fixed the "Running Wild" animation.
Yeah I saw. I've been keeping up with most of the major changes on SA's WoW forum.

Are trolls still bugged so they use human animations?

Also more hilarious PvP server shenanigans: We hid in that random RP house in stormwind's dwarven district and launched attacks on the cathedral district, killing the Arch Bishop several times and killing the people that came after us. If we got overwhelmed we pulled stereotypical scooby doo chase scene stuff by running into the catacombs and hiding around corners while the angry mobs rushed by.

Basically PvP servers are the best for curbing boredom :V

Last edited:

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
Yeah I saw. I've been keeping up with most of the major changes on SA's WoW forum.

Are trolls still bugged so they use human animations?

Last time I was on they were.

Funny glitch.

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
I love how they always manage to fuck up at least one model hilariously in beta.

TBC had fel reaver bears and now we have troll-human abominations. I can't remember any in WorLK though...

Lol.
There's probably a video on it, but a few people who had gotten into the WOTLK beta said that there were errors in certain areas that would make you fall through the ground forever until you logged out.

Mentova

Lol.
There's probably a video on it, but a few people who had gotten into the WOTLK beta said that there were errors in certain areas that would make you fall through the ground forever until you logged out.
You can do this on live also if you manage to exploit your way into areas you shouldn't be. I've gotten stuck endlessly falling before.