• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Cataclsym and the Latest Patch

Mentova

I live, I die, I live again
I'm glad Tree of Life is a cooldown now. I hated seeing those goofy things follow me around while I punch someone's head off with my shaman.

Digitalpotato

Rants like a Gryphon
So what's everyone going to do when Cataclysm goes live? Start going to 85, or create a new character of any race and see what the new world has to offer?

I feel tempted to just level to 85 as fast as possible and then spend all my time complaining about how there's no new content until the first major content patch. :p

Ooooh yeah BC, good times. I remember the ooooold LFG panel, where you'd have to pm people if you needed to join a raid or if you needed more people. And I loved the attunement chains, especially the BT ones. God I wish Blizz would bring back attunement. It would surely weed out the bads

Uhm...plenty of "bads" still got in because it doesn't take skill to do attunements - all it takes is to be lucky enough to find a group that's willing to do the damned attunements.

Last edited:

Mentova

So what's everyone going to do when Cataclysm goes live? Start going to 85, or create a new character of any race and see what the new world has to offer?

I feel tempted to just level to 85 as fast as possible and then spend all my time complaining about how there's no new content until the first major content patch. :p

Uhm...plenty of "bads" still got in because it doesn't take skill to do attunements - all it takes is to be lucky enough to find a group that's willing to do the damned attunements.

I'm going to head to vashjir and terrify myself because I hate deep, open water.

I swam around it a bit in beta and some spots were creepy as hell to me :V

Taralack

Hit 'em right between the eyes

Good point. I remember about a quarter of my guild's raiders were pretty bad by the standards back then, though this was just after they'd removed attunements. I suppose what I'm trying to say is that it'll be harder for everyone and their cat to start raiding. That way epics retain their status as gear that is actually hard to get.

As for your first question, I'll probably be levelling my druid main to 85 with my bf's DK tank. :)

Digitalpotato

Rants like a Gryphon
I suppose what I'm trying to say is that it'll be harder for everyone and their cat to start raiding. That way epics retain their status as gear that is actually hard to get.

You mean like the gear that's at the top of the line at the time only to be replaced with new set(s) and the like?

Unfortunately harder to start raiding isn't a good decision - You WANT people to play the game, and if they don't find anything? Then they'll just leave and that's money you could have made lost. Just because you can get to someone like Ragnaros/Arthas/Nefarian/C'thun/Yogg-saron on hard mode doesn't make them any easier.

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
I'm going to head to vashjir and terrify myself because I hate deep, open water.

I swam around it a bit in beta and some spots were creepy as hell to me :V

Not to mention the "Big things" swimming there.
Gawd..

Trpdwarf

Lurking in Castle Moats

Taralack

Unfortunately harder to start raiding isn't a good decision - You WANT people to play the game, and if they don't find anything? Then they'll just leave and that's money you could have made lost. Just because you can get to someone like Ragnaros/Arthas/Nefarian/C'thun/Yogg-saron on hard mode doesn't make them any easier.

If hard gameplay made the bad players leave, I'm fine with that. People who drop group due to a single wipe are aggravating.

That said, you can no longer buy tier gear using Justice Points or Valor Points in Cata. You redeem them from tokens dropped via raid bosses, much like in BC. This makes me extremely happy.

Also, the new human starting zones are KICK. ASS. Westfall = best zone ever.

"I guess that's just the way... the Cookie crumbles." YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Oovie

Fabulous Secret Powers
Also, the new human starting zones are KICK. ASS. Westfall = best zone ever.
Aren't the citizens of Westfall starving? It's ironic, because I heard the thanksgiving table is sitting right there and those people are forced to eat dirt. They don't want to share.

Mentova

I can't wait to kite the great big one....NEED MOAR FOR EPIC WHALESHARK KITE!
The worst part is they don't look that big until you get close to one. In beta I saw one swimming around in the distance a few times. I was like "huh, they arn't so bad"

Then I saw the dead one in 1k needles under the barge and my damn jaw dropped. My tauren was smaller than it's eye.

Digitalpotato

Rants like a Gryphon
That said, you can no longer buy tier gear using Justice Points or Valor Points in Cata. You redeem them from tokens dropped via raid bosses, much like in BC. This makes me extremely happy.

And I thought the days of Dentarg Stratification were over. Shame. Back in BC? You had two choices to raid period - Oh shame, you aren't Black Temple Geared? Then they won't even talk to you. Guess they knew people were going to just leave when Diablo 3 became available anyways - might as well start kicking the "Bad" players out, even if some o these guys just got unforutnately screwed by circumstances. (Oh you missed the attunement runs? Sorry, no groups for them form anymore - good luck!)

Taralack

And I thought the days of Dentarg Stratification were over. Shame. Back in BC? You had two choices to raid period - Oh shame, you aren't Black Temple Geared? Then they won't even talk to you. Guess they knew people were going to just leave when Diablo 3 became available anyways - might as well start kicking the "Bad" players out, even if some o these guys just got unforutnately screwed by circumstances. (Oh you missed the attunement runs? Sorry, no groups for them form anymore - good luck!)

There's really no pleasing you, is there?

Digitalpotato

Rants like a Gryphon
There's really no pleasing you, is there?

WEll I have no idea how this is going to turn out - Blizzard had no intention of people who made the unforgivable sin of wanting to enjoy the ride to 70 or joining a couple months too late get stuck because of social elitism. If nobody is running the equivalent of Karazhan anymore, how're they supposed to catch up?

Kelo

Awakened Otherkin
I am going to be retiring all my current characters and making a new Worgen. As being the wolven obsessed fur I am I can no longer play any other race in this game for the rest of this games life.

I am also starting my own 10man raiding guild <Did you say Thunderfury> on US-Destromath Alliance. If anyone is looking for a fur friendly place to raid and do rated Battlegrounds come December 7th please come over and hit me up. My Worgen's name will be Xiuhcoatl or just seach for Thunderfury and message anyone online.

BloodYoshi

No, I'm pretty sure they said Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker.

also, goblins are fucking cool, at first I was disappointed when they were announced as a Horde race, but after all the details were released I think they're pretty damn awesome