• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Catch up since the forums are back

MCtheBeardie

Queen of Laziness
Hey, y’all! Wow, it’s been a hot minute, hasn’t it?

To start, I actually got a job at a doggy daycare recently, so I’m living the dream! :D My birthday is coming up in less than two weeks, so I’m taking a trip to Disney World again to visit the new Galaxy’s Edge park in Hollywood Studios. This is the first time I’ve seen Disney World during Halloween, too. So, that should be fun!

Other than that, that’s it, really.

Raever

Chaotic Neutral Wreckage
Well I finally got into a new apartment, I'm living with two adored people and I have my own bedroom so that's an improvement. I got a new laptop, I'm working for much longer than I expected (positive) and for much more (extra positive). I got a couple awesome art pieces since the last time which is nice, but will likely be taking a break from art near the end of this year for about eight months due to focusing on other things. Can't frickin' WAIT for Cyberpunk 2077 to come out and I'm losing my mind over the new Baldur's Gate game in Early Access. Overall, the end of this year is looking to be a much needed break from the start of 2020, and I can't wait to drown in it.

Aibiki

Smol fluff artist
I moved in with my bf finally, got a bank account, and now I'm mulling over prices to finally start doing art commissions. A lot of finallys, but a lot of this has been a long time coming. :p

On the other hand, my birthday's in a week and I don't want to turn 30. :<

Banana Shake

The looming kirin
I finally opened commissions and they are going surprisingly well :v

Also, I got into exercising, lost a good amount of weight already, and got the chance to get better at baking and cooking~

Sir Thaikard

GOTTA WRITE FAST.
The forums being down has given me enough time to start writing an ebook, or rather, chapters of one.

I'm so used to people telling me what they want in a story that it feels a little odd and kind of blind writing something on my own again. Still, excited to finally publish the first segments later this week once my editors help me touch it up.

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
Now single but it's fine.
Started diving more into single board computers and network security. Have a project that will combine the two.
Got a new (used) VR setup so I'll be doing that often nowadays

alphienya

Perpetually sleepy cat
I haven't been on the forums for a while before them being down so there's quite a bit that's happened.

I got food poisoning the day before my birthday this year and had to head home from a visit with a friend early. Ended up feeling okay enough on the big day to go out with one of my grandmothers, younger brothers, and niece to get something to eat and a nice new blanket. The munchkin got a new one too since we found a shark one that she fell in love with. This all happened in early March, so the covid stuff was known but there wasn't any sort of lockdown yet.

I also have a girlfriend now! My boyfriend and I had a few long, serious talks and I ended up talking to the girl about it and it just kinda happened. There are three of us now! It's been going on for a little over six months now and it's really nice. I like her a lot!

And uh. As of a couple of days ago, I've been dating my boyfriend for five years now. I'm still kinda surprised that it's been this long, but also super happy and relieved. It feels like I finally have a relationship with a dude that isn't ending up being traumatizing in one way or another.

Started playing some games I've been looking forward to for a while as well! Final Fantasy 14 has been a fun ride and LISA: The Painful has, indeed, been a painful experience that's hitting like a truck. I also have MAong Us, but I haven't had a chance to play it yet. Too nervous to jump in or ask people if they wanna play.

Though the biggest change that's happened this year is that one of my grandmothers got diagnosed with cancer again and was put on hospice care. Due to no one else stepping up to the plate, I've been staying with her since about late June helping out and taking care of her. It's overall very stressful and depressing. Seeing her go from being able to walk around slowly to barely having the ability to use her legs was just. Yeah. It wasn't fun. 0/10 would not recommend.

Filter

uwu
I missed this place, but the time off helped remind me to be productive with personal projects. Not that I'm especially active here, but sometimes it can be nice to take a break from forums and whatnot. Usually it's self-imposed though, so that put a different spin on things.

Firuthi Dragovic

Gamer Dragon, former speedrunner
Honestly, not a whole lot changed with me. Several more games finishes and new ones played, another rearrangement of my Steam library (leading to 300+ games being on my "play and ditch" list... I got MUCH more into VR gaming (always standing up, and I finally found a game that reignites the love of speedrunning that I used to have)... have more reliably put in my plan to clear my finances and get my own place in a couple years...

And I discovered a hitch in my diet that was causing me a tremendous amount of intestinal grief. Not only that, what it was doing to my bowels effectively prevented me from doing anything ab-related when it came to workouts. After removing that little problem, I actually feel like I can do workouts proper.

trivean

Engineering Wolf
I've had a bit of an emotional rollercoaster since the forums went down. And not just because of COVID and all in the world. I'll break it up for you guys.

The Negative:
The first thing is that I lost a friend, or at least I thought they were a friend. They made some false accusations and insults to an unknown person publicly. After confronting them in a PM they confirmed it was me. I proved I was innocent and it was a misunderstanding (yes, I saved the screenshots of it in case anyone is doubting me). They outright blocked me on pretty much every platform instead of setting the record straight publicly like how they started it. It's shaken my faith in the fandom and I'm deciding if I want to even stay in the fandom or not because of it.
And the COVID stuff happened a week before my birthday, so I not only did I not get to celebrate it really (it's not that big of an issue), but the company I worked for was listed as essential and had us working long shifts and weekends... So I had to do a 12 hour shift on my birthday. I know it's a small complaint but it still sucks.

The Positive:
On the upside of things, I created a new species... which I need to do more with. I've passed another semester and I'm in my last semester of an internship for my degree. And I've started a new story that's going well. I guess.

But yeah, just one big negative and a couple of positive things.

ASTA

Former Trash Man
Got a slight pay raise, paid off a credit card, closed out a collections account for another debt that I owed, and I learned how to sell our secondary services better (which has effectively doubled my commission payout). I also dramatically improved my understanding of personal finance which is doing wonders for my rapid debt-settling scheme. Credit score went up by 70 points. Didn't have a depressive episode either (though this has been the case ever since I moved out of my parents' house over a year ago).

By the end of next year, I hope to have a second vehicle, two ASE certifications, a forklift certification, a job that pays 10,000 additional dollars per year before taxes (which will allow me to keep my housing costs around 25-27 percent of my monthly income), my concealed carry permit, a new apartment, and hopefully a medium-sized shelter dog (preferably one that is as lazy as I am).

All around me, I'm watching dudes get wiped out financially by outrageously-high car notes, children, significant others who are nothing more than endless money pits, student loans, and addictions to various psychoactive substances.

I feel fortunate that I dodged all of those bullets.

Here's to 2021.

TyraWadman

The Silent Observer
Got a slight pay raise, paid off a credit card, closed out a collections account for another debt that I owed, and I learned how to sell our secondary services better (which has effectively doubled my commission payout). I also dramatically improved my understanding of personal finance which is doing wonders for my rapid debt-settling scheme. Credit score went up by 70 points. Didn't have a depressive episode either (though this has been the case ever since I moved out of my parents' house over a year ago).

By the end of next year, I hope to have a second vehicle, two ASE certifications, a forklift certification, a job that pays 10,000 additional dollars per year before taxes (which will allow me to keep my housing costs around 25-27 percent of my monthly income), my concealed carry permit, a new apartment, and hopefully a medium-sized shelter dog (preferably one that is as lazy as I am).

All around me, I'm watching dudes get wiped out financially by outrageously-high car notes, children, significant others who are nothing more than endless money pits, student loans, and addictions to various psychoactive substances.

I feel fortunate that I dodged all of those bullets.

Here's to 2021.

Find yourself an S.O that can pull their own weight and doesn't want to waste money on marriage or have human babies. Then you can add to your income!

But I mean... that's like... IF you meet that 0.000001% chance locally.

VeeStars

uh I can explain?
Find yourself an S.O that can pull their own weight and doesn't want to waste money on marriage or have human babies. Then you can add to your income!

But I mean... that's like... IF you meet that 0.000001% chance locally.
What if they want non human babies

EmmyCatto

I don’t use this site anymore
I’m picking up art for the first time in a while, and I feel like I’m improving quickly. I’m still not the best by a metric football field, but I’m very happy about my current progress. I’ve only made one song in the 3 or so months the forums were down because I was thinking about my style of music and if I wanted to continue down the path I was going, but I feel like I now have an idea on where I want it to go.

I know this year hasn’t been great, but I’m hoping the best for everyone. I wish I could give you all virtual hugs.

Deathless

ƤƦƠƓ MЄƬƛԼ ЄƝʆƠƳЄƦ
Got pretty good at Clone Hero and just got a new drawing tablet yesterday. Nothing else really happened but I'm glad to see everyone again!

Kinare

RAWR
My life's been chaotic as fuck, lul. Lots of changes coming up because of it, but to spare anyone from reading a depressing wall-o-text I'll just say that while chaotic and having to do something I'm pretty upset about, I think it's for the best and will eventually lead to further progress if I don't fuck this up too.

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
Much appreciated! May your VR set provide for you, the finest of furry tits/bulges whatever preference you are feeling on that particular day. Maybe even both if yer into that!
Honestly, I haven't tried to get that going yet.
Not sure why.
*shrug*

Jackpot Raccuki

Although half canine, is not a wolf.
I kid you not, I turned myself into a plushie.
I'm called, Plushpot. Cutest shit I've ever seen. (Aka got a Plushie of Jackpot)

One year anniversary coming up with my honey (29th October)
As usual, I added more fine reactions to my collections, you may see some fresh new stuff.
And started to go through a design phase of my game, considering due to corona my interviews were 'delayed'.

I'll see you dorks in the next thread(s), for now;

Tendo64

Siamese Weeb
I said nothing in the previous thread, but rethinking it, there's been a few things actually.

1. In reality, this was a little bit of time before the forums went down, May maybe, but I never bothered to say anything so here we are. I've got a boyfriend now. It's not that much of crazy news, we've been in a complicated state somewhere between friends and a couple for several months, we just never made it official until recently because I wanted to get my feelings sorted out first.
  2. I'm no longer on speaking terms with someone I once considered my best friend and even someone I used to have strong feelings for. I don't wanna say we're not friends, though I would have dropped her like a hat if not for the fact I've known her for half my life, but it's been a while and I'm still really pissed at her. I came out to her as genderfluid, it went pretty badly, heard the usual things you hear from edgy transphobic people, albeit sugarcoated because she seemed to think doing so would make me not see the passive-aggressive stuff she said. Remember folks, if someone seems too good to be true, they are. Perfect people don't exist.
  3. More minor, less heavy stuff, I bought Undertale the other day. Not my first time experiencing it but was my first time playing. I still suck at RPGs ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I think that's it?