• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

CatDetective's Sketchbook

annethecatdetective

Detecting cats...
Forum newbie starting an art thread, just to show off some of my assorted stuff.

2yEdzxmm.jpg

c3fKGMxm.jpg

VNdhrLTm.png

Starting out with my fursona-- most of my early sketches for her have her as a D&D-style rogue/bard, basically the character I'd be playing if I was doing tabletop gaming right now merged with my cat girl.

Some other sketches, some inked and some not:
KhplqVem.jpg

THuZKenm.jpg

DdOW0Gsm.jpg

V9kMqnxm.jpg

(I need to do more with these designs... I've sketched the little sheep boy a couple times, and Charlie Cat, but I want to use them more)

BALOncum.jpg

And one watercolor piece (that those two show up in)-- the Corgi Cafe. This was going to be the basis of an artbook project when I was taking art classes, but I didn't get very far before I had to leave classes as I was moving to a new state. But now I might pick it up on my own time, just to get to do more cute stuff.

My FA is over here: Userpage of annethecatdetective -- Fur Affinity [dot] net
I have more adult/less 'cute' art there. I've recently lost an old computer and got a new one, so the stuff on imgur I haven't yet moved files over to my new computer, which means my FA is pretty much all the new stuff I've been doing to try and fill my portfolio. But I like trying out different styles, media, and subject matter. So hopefully my sketchbook thread and FA will soon show a good range of what I like to do.

annethecatdetective

Detecting cats...
the traditional sketches/linearts look cool!
Thank you! I really enjoy working with different traditional media... I'm still learning a new digital art program, and it just takes a lot of time to translate those traditional skills to working with a computer and a tablet, though it is also fun. I think both ways have their strong suits, and I like how easy it is to get to work digitally but... I'm usually happier with traditional work.

Speaking of...
mvbg0Imm.jpg

Fm5RSd5m.jpg

eHkwm85m.jpg

(I really love toned paper)
gJh3Nj8m.jpg

And a little El Ahrairah

XN62ujym.jpg

Plus one old acrylic painting.

annethecatdetective

Detecting cats...
An old pone art...
R5kQm0pm.jpg

lB9kaIym.jpg

Watercolor dragons. Though without inking, they're not very distinct...

Tim4kz0m.png

Space invader 'gator in progress.

BK0zMc2m.png

Sophie the arctic fox...

KHWjsx2m.png

Miss Socks...

5ihREApm.png

and my beloved monster. He's a furry shadow creature, he shifts between three main shapes and manifests tentacles, but he's a protective creature despite his scary looks.