• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

cats

coffinberry

why do they like to sit on paper?

why does my cat like to eat fur off of the carpet?

why will my cat refuse a nice piece of fish or chicken, but gobble down a bowl of dried nasty catfood?

why do they get the crazies? they tear through a room, stop, look around very quickly and make a gizmo-ish noise, then run high speed into another room? and repeat this process over and over?

cats are very strange little mammals. explain your theories about the above ponderings.

Tarrock

jack russells like to eat human hair. Everytime I'd get a hair cut they'd come over and eat the hair.

just something random i'd add since you talked about cats eating fur.

stoelbank

I worked in a cat hotel.. Cats aren't just stupid, they are disgusting motherf*#$@%. I had to clean like 18 rooms, each room contained about 15 cats. they shit puke and piss everywhere and they scratch you if you come to close. but hey.. they can be kinda cute as well, IF YOU HAVE ONE!

Anyways.. i had a cat as well, it was a Persian. a real hunter, he kept catching mouses and gather them on our backyard.. rotting mouse corpses to be exactly... he also loved to bring them inside our home, then when one time i went to the kitchen to grab some food i stepped on a dead bird and surfed about 2 meters far splattering his whole inside over the room. yes, cats are cute

Le_Démon_Sans_Visage

evolution's cruelest joke
Toxoplasmosis-related delirium. It also explains crazy cat ladies.

Eevee

Banned
Banned
coffinberry said:
why do they like to sit on paper?
Odds are the paper is important, and eventually someone will come looking for it and have to offer attention in exchange for its safe release.

Just some simple extortion. I'd do it too.

Ziba the lioness

Overgrown housecat
Because we are special =p We are attention whores, we love to mess with humans and human cooked food is nasty.. Why your cat believe it has fire in its very .... I dunno XD

webkilla

Furry, brony, anon - for lulz
maxcam11.jpg

darkdoomer

inkbunny.net supporter
theories...

heh; i used to have a cat like that when i was kid; sometimes he takes a sprint in the apartment.
my theory is that's because they generally dont move much, so they need a little moment of physical activity.

they sit on the paper because they know that annoys you when youre working, but it'stheir way to tell you need to take some vacancy from all this work already.

for the food; it's like us. they're conditioned with industrial junk crap.
same for someone who tries traditional cooking . 'eh, why didnt we went to McDo instead ?'

but for the carpet, i dunno.

No no no! You got it all wrong! Cats are NOT stupid! DX They're MASTERMIND CONSPIRATORS!!!

See, all cats have mini scanners on their butts, and they sit on paper to scan it either so they can bring it back during their takeover as blackmail, or if blank to use as a template for their secret messages disguised as letters from small children.

They aren't EATING the fur per se, but rather destroying the evidence. See cat's fur can be used to make weapons of mass destruction, and to prevent their sworn enemies from obtaining it, they ingest it, rendering it harmless!

Oh. And if they reject good food, it's most likely because they've been injecting chemicals which causes you to subconsciously turn a blind eye on their... questionable acts. You probably don't even REMEMBER the dog you used to own. He got in the way, so they... *ahem* sent him away.

And the last one? Well sometimes they're just bored, while OTHER times they're relaying an emergency message from one cat to the other through their tooth transmitters. The gizmoey noise is usually a code catnip, meaning another dog peed on the entrance to their secret base, so to take caution... that stuff is kitty cryptonite!

XD I got WAY too much time on my hands making up such a crazy story... right? *wink wink*

stoelbank

SomeoneRandom said:
No no no! You got it all wrong! Cats are NOT stupid! DX They're MASTERMIND CONSPIRATORS!!!

See, all cats have mini scanners on their butts, and they sit on paper to scan it either so they can bring it back during their takeover as blackmail, or if blank to use as a template for their secret messages disguised as letters from small children.

They aren't EATING the fur per se, but rather destroying the evidence. See cat's fur can be used to make weapons of mass destruction, and to prevent their sworn enemies from obtaining it, they ingest it, rendering it harmless!

Oh. And if they reject good food, it's most likely because they've been injecting chemicals which causes you to subconsciously turn a blind eye on their... questionable acts. You probably don't even REMEMBER the dog you used to own. He got in the way, so they... *ahem* sent him away.

And the last one? Well sometimes they're just bored, while OTHER times they're relaying an emergency message from one cat to the other through their tooth transmitters. The gizmoey noise is usually a code catnip, meaning another dog peed on the entrance to their secret base, so to take caution... that stuff is kitty cryptonite!

XD I got WAY too much time on my hands making up such a crazy story... right? *wink wink*

LOL :lol:

Glad I could be of service! Any more questions? n.n

Oni

DragonMagica said:
While dogs look to you as a god, cats look to themselves as a god.
*laughs*
*concurs*
*loves cats*

Felines are cleaner, deadlier, and sexier than mangy mutts.

Massive useage of comparative adjectives woo!

Ah forget that, lets use superlative forms!

Felines are the cleanest, deadliest, and sexiest of all animals!

stoelbank

DragonMagica said:
While dogs look to you as a god, cats look to themselves as a god.

That one probably hit the nail on the head, Cats are way more independent then dogs. i am more of a dog man instead of a cat man.. and with dog or cat man i don't mean some kind of strange super hero or some furry fetish.

Ookami-girl

See...cat's want you to think that they're stupid. They're plotting to take over the world though...

In all seriousness, I don't really know. My cat loves to bite me though. I don't even know what I do wrong either. He loves to eat paper too. I don't know how many of my drawing have been ruined becuase he chewed them up. But I love him. Cats are so independant. They don't really want as much attention as dogs do. They pretend to but...yeah. I've never seen my cat eat fur off the carpet though. He tears up the carpet but that's much different. XD

I still wouldn't say cats are stupid though.

Oni

Catfiddle said:
Maestro2.jpg

That little baby scratched the crap outta me this morning! Usually he's such a sweetie. :( He wanted to cuddle later so I hope that means 'sorry'
"Sorry cuddles" do not make up for the fact that a cat clawed you. I have a permanent solution to rectify such behavior. The solution is declawing them. It is cute when a cat pats you to death. hehe

lance.f

i like kitty!!