• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Changing my Legal Name to Fursona Name

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

De_lox

So I'm just going to explain it as simple as I can. I have very unsupportive parents. Essentially all the do is give me food, water, shelter, and be incredibly harsh on me. I am forced to be immaculate and treated like a delinquent. I am forced to be perfect and expected to do better. They don't care about who I am, what my dreams or passions are, and all that seems to satisfy them is my grades. They won't even allow me to be a furry. Apparently we're "all sick perverts who have sex with animals in costume." I also can't express my sexuality either. Because "I'm autistic and can't be bisexual because I can't understand emotions like other people". However this fandom has been an escape for me. Here I am accepted. Here I am supported. At home I have a notebook (which I must hide) in which I draw and write pretending to be my fursona and him living the life I wish I had. I draw and write about him having a big loving family and lots of friends and the most perfect mate he could ever imagine. All of which care and support him and his passions. My fursona has become my idol. I strive to be him. And when I turn 18 I will make a fursuit of him and start my own life where I can be him and find that family I deserve. I want to change my legal name too. Because I am not Kyle Benjamin Daily. I am Lox Maximillan Lvov. Kyle is simply a name my parents gave me and it means nothing to me. Lox is who I truly am and who I strive to be. Any thoughts on this. Is it a stupid idea? Or what?

Sergei Nóhomo

Spicey Memes
Banned
6db2d2708cae2c79a9e74f043d2551d4.png

Gyazo - 6db2d2708cae2c79a9e74f043d2551d4.png

Holy fuck that's beautiful

Storok

670 blp
I am also planning on getting my Fursonas name on my ID card as registered pseudonym (but not for realons like he has though) but i would never change my real name holy...
think about it you might be able to wash this name clean one day

Shameful_Cole

Shameful Idiot
Waiwaiwaiwhoawait-Hold up a second. Changing your legal name is something that's not small. In the posts I've read from you, you seem to imply that you are still a minor. Take time. Think about this A LOT; you might regret it if you don't think.
And one other thing,
Because I am not Kyle Benjamin Daily. I am Lox Maximillan Lvov. Kyle is simply a name my parents gave me and it means nothing to me. Lox is who I truly am and who I strive to be. Any thoughts on this.
Have you asked your parents why you were named Kyle? No word, including a name, is meaningless. I did one google search, and found that "Kyle" in some languages has meant "Victorious." It's not some letters that your parents attached to you, it is a REAL word with a REAL meaning. I cannot control what you do, but know what your name says about yourself before you leave it behind; it could change what the definition of yourself is, and you may find that you don't like Lox, buy that you like Kyle.

This is coming from the guy, who just a few days ago, tossed all of his old work and writing because he realized it was dumb and overdramatic.

LindyHop

Bring me my brown pants!
I don't think changing your legal name is something that's a big deal, I say go for it, I wouldn't change it to something so unique but hey, iit's your name, its your life, do what makes you happy. Of course from your profile gather it's gonna be another 2-3 years before you can legally do it. You may chane you mind in that time, I'm happy the fandom has been a good place for you though.

Somnium

The Sparklewolf
Banned
You can call yourself whatever you like to, it's not like your name has to match the one on your ID card. You can always have 2 or more names.

Zipline

Noodle Fish
Sure, I say go for it when you can. I sometimes go by different names. Being a fur is what saved me from ending it. I act as my sona at work but go by me real name. I got my real name after a German Dentist my father knew who he traded gold teeth with to sell to the mafia. They would split the profits. I sometimes wear a nametag with someone elses name when I go to other grocery stores of the same name. I doubt I would change my name though, it is already shortened to a nickname.

Sergei Nóhomo

Spicey Memes
Banned
I don't think changing your legal name is something that's a big deal, I say go for it, I wouldn't change it to something so unique but hey, iit's your name, its your life, do what makes you happy. Of course from your profile gather it's gonna be another 2-3 years before you can legally do it. You may chane you mind in that time, I'm happy the fandom has been a good place for you though.

I dunno

"Hi there I'm the manager that's in charge of hiring for our company. May I ask your name?"

"MY NAME IS XOLTHUR FUCKSTAIN!"

"...Please leave before I call security"

D

De_lox

I dunno

"Hi there I'm the manager that's in charge of hiring for our company. May I ask your name?"

"MY NAME IS XOLTHUR FUCKSTAIN!"

"...Please leave before I call security"[/QU
My fursona name is "Lox Maximillan Lvov" so it's not anything crazy. It might just look a little foreign

DravenDonovan

You can call me Oni~
Man, I know you think your parents are dicks, but from the sounds of it they actually care. About you and what you do with your life. Yanno there are pleanty of individuals in this world who wish their parents were like that? Because they have careless parents who really don't give a rats ass what their kids do. They could run off, get pregnant (or impregnate someone) at an early age, do drugs and get killed, but all those parents do is laugh at the tv, smoke and waste their own life away.
A real parent wants you to strive for good grades, make something of yourself and be accepted into society. Yes, many parents take it too far, and many teenagers, like you, think bad thoughts about the situation because, sterotypically, you are going through a rebellious phase.
This family and friends you mention you'd like to have, bro..they don't exist outside of fairy tales. Chances are, you'll never find something your that satisfied with. You'll find a family who doesn't give a rats ass about what you do and if you succeed and if you're ever excepted. They won't care if you're mad fun of, or worse.
Parents are harsh to their kids, because they feel it is their duty to protect and mold them. You'd be surprised how many teens in your position realize later in life that they wished they would have listened more. That's usually when it's too late, or much harder to fix.
But
That's just my opinion.

Zipline

Noodle Fish
Ya, like the spaceman pointed out, I have attempted to say my name was Zipline Orange in the past, it did not go over well.
Yanno there are pleanty of individuals in this world who wish their parents were like that? Because they have careless parents who really don't give a rats ass what their kids do. They could run off, get pregnant (or impregnate someone) at an early age, do drugs and get killed, but all those parents do is laugh at the tv, smoke and waste their own life away.
My father did all of those things.. Including killing himself on my birthday.

D

De_lox

Man, I know you think your parents are dicks, but from the sounds of it they actually care. About you and what you do with your life. Yanno there are pleanty of individuals in this world who wish their parents were like that? Because they have careless parents who really don't give a rats ass what their kids do. They could run off, get pregnant (or impregnate someone) at an early age, do drugs and get killed, but all those parents do is laugh at the tv, smoke and waste their own life away.
A real parent wants you to strive for good grades, make something of yourself and be accepted into society. Yes, many parents take it too far, and many teenagers, like you, think bad thoughts about the situation because, sterotypically, you are going through a rebellious phase.
This family and friends you mention you'd like to have, bro..they don't exist outside of fairy tales. Chances are, you'll never find something your that satisfied with. You'll find a family who doesn't give a rats ass about what you do and if you succeed and if you're ever excepted. They won't care if you're mad fun of, or worse.
Parents are harsh to their kids, because they feel it is their duty to protect and mold them. You'd be surprised how many teens in your position realize later in life that they wished they would have listened more. That's usually when it's too late, or much harder to fix.
But
That's just my opinion.
Do you know what it's like to get a 90% in a class. The only A in the class. The highest grade of the semester. And be told "you should have gotten a 100%"?

D

De_lox

They sound Asian
They're white. But I have three older brothers who were a drop out, druggie, and dishonorable discharge. I have to be perfect for them now. I am top in my class and a three sport athlete. But the only time they act proud of me or say they love me is when they see that rank on my transcript, but they still aren't satisfied. I am not allowed to have a computer besides a chromebook they made me buy (with my money) for school that can't do anything. I can't have sleepovers, or hang with friends unless an adult is around. And to tell you the truth, the only thing they love is to control me. I wish they didn't care.

D

De_lox

But
That's just my opinion.
And it's not a rebellious phase if you've felt this way since the third grade and have been counting down the days until your 18th birthday since you were 11

Blu-wolf

Blu-ray howl!
+1000 to DravenDonovan's reply.

I've worked with many teenagers that have it far worse. They have parents that don't care about their grades, don't keep track of what their kids do, ignore their kids, waste money as if it was going to disappear tomorrow. You don't have it so bad. A lot of kids in this world would love to have the problem you have with your grades. Your parents do care, even if they are demanding.

As to legally changing your name, well that isn't just something you want to do on a whim. It will be the name on your taxes, certificates, licenses, etc. Sounds like you have some time to really decide if that's the name you want, still being a minor based on what your post sounds like.

Hair_Everywhere

ego sum non a furorem
What ever floats your boat dude, it's a free country, you want to change your name to something ridiculous sounding then go ahead, don't let your parents block you from doing that.

D

De_lox

I've worked with many teenagers that have it far worse. They have parents that don't care about their grades, don't keep track of what their kids do, ignore their kids, waste money as if it was going to disappear tomorrow. You don't have it so bad. A lot of kids in this world would love to have the problem you have with your grades. Your parents do care, even if they are demanding.

As to legally changing your name, well that isn't just something you want to do on a whim. It will be the name on your taxes, certificates, licenses, etc. Sounds like you have some time to really decide if that's the name you want, still being a minor based on what your post sounds like.

they are beyond demanding. I am simply their puppet. When I try to cut the strings by myself I become an emotional punching bag.

ShamonCornell

Sounds like you're going through metric tons of emotional abuse, and once you turn 18, you're likely to move out to become "the kid that never calls"...which is fine, I suppose. I advise against changing your legal name though, because that CAN, as others have mentioned, cause all manner of problems.

But, hey, once you're an adult...you do you, mate.

D

De_lox

Sounds like you're going through metric tons of emotional abuse, and once you turn 18, you're likely to move out to become "the kid that never calls"...which is fine, I suppose. I advise against changing your legal name though, because that CAN, as others have mentioned, cause all manner of problems.

But, hey, once you're an adult...you do you, mate.
I don't see how Lox is that strange of a name. It's most certainly better than many fursona names.

ShamonCornell

I don't see how Lox is that strange of a name. It's most certainly better than many fursona names.
Trust me, if it isn't a standard name, it'll be a massive, red "DO NOT HIRE" flag for employers, and a "DO NOT APPROVE" flag for loans and colleges and such. And you'll be asked about it. CONSTANTLY. So, unless you LIKE talking about your "tiger parents", and how insanely toxic your home life is...

Sergei Nóhomo

Spicey Memes
Banned
Trust me, if it isn't a standard name, it'll be a massive, red "DO NOT HIRE" flag for employers, and a "DO NOT APPROVE" flag for loans and colleges and such. And you'll be asked about it. CONSTANTLY. So, unless you LIKE talking about your "tiger parents", and how insanely toxic your home life is...

Nah mate, let XOLTHUR FUCKSTAIN be himelf

D

De_lox

If I was in a professional setting wouldn't I be called "Mr.Lvov"?

Status
Not open for further replies.