• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Changing my Legal Name to Fursona Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maximor_Bloodpanda

The True Anti-Conformist
Doing that won't fix anything. It won't make life all better. That would be too easy.

You can scale the biggest fucking mountain in the world and tell everyone about it, but the world will still revolve the same way.

Go for it, just don't expect such over-optimistic results.

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
I still say: Look out for wills, and inheritances. Morbid, perhaps. But if your folks have land, it may not be wise to just let it go...

D

De_lox

He has a journal from which he writes his delusions down that mentions him having a different Family, so I went from there. What he generally meant, I don't know haha

I'm not delusional. It's just lox is like my idol and I strive to be him and live a life like his. I'm not otherkin I don't think I'm a fox. It's like that song Stan by Eminem. Lox is Eminem and I'm Stan (but I'm not driving off a bridge and killing my girlfriend).

Daven

bilo
So I'm just going to explain it as simple as I can. I have very unsupportive parents. Essentially all the do is give me food, water, shelter, and be incredibly harsh on me. I am forced to be immaculate and treated like a delinquent. I am forced to be perfect and expected to do better. They don't care about who I am, what my dreams or passions are, and all that seems to satisfy them is my grades. They won't even allow me to be a furry. Apparently we're "all sick perverts who have sex with animals in costume." I also can't express my sexuality either. Because "I'm autistic and can't be bisexual because I can't understand emotions like other people". However this fandom has been an escape for me. Here I am accepted. Here I am supported. At home I have a notebook (which I must hide) in which I draw and write pretending to be my fursona and him living the life I wish I had. I draw and write about him having a big loving family and lots of friends and the most perfect mate he could ever imagine. All of which care and support him and his passions. My fursona has become my idol. I strive to be him. And when I turn 18 I will make a fursuit of him and start my own life where I can be him and find that family I deserve. I want to change my legal name too. Because I am not Kyle Benjamin Daily. I am Lox Maximillan Lvov. Kyle is simply a name my parents gave me and it means nothing to me. Lox is who I truly am and who I strive to be. Any thoughts on this. Is it a stupid idea? Or what?
You know what I say,Screw'em

RinkuTheRuffian

Punished "Venom" Rinku
You know what I say,Screw'em
Better than how I said it.

You're not fucking delusional, the last thing our generation needs is unsupportive parents that had it better than you did and can't understand how different shit is. But that still goes into other issues: It's going to be a tough road before you can be truly happy if your situation's anything like mine, just hope that you're more easily amused than I am.

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
They won't be supporting me because I'm leaving ASAP.
unless you're getting a full ride or something, I'm gonna tell you right now that this plan will probably not work out in your favor

nevermind that changing your name can not only be an expensive process, but it's also kind of a lengthy process

D

De_lox

unless you're getting a full ride or something, I'm gonna tell you right now that this plan will probably not work out in your favor

nevermind that changing your name can not only be an expensive process, but it's also kind of a lengthy process
I'm in line to be valedictorian and a three sport varsity athlete. I'm sure someplace will give me a scholarship. If not, The military will take me.

Shameful_Cole

Shameful Idiot
I'm not delusional. It's just lox is like my idol and I strive to be him and live a life like his.
This is the second time you've said that Lox is like your idol, but that makes very little sense. You made Lox, and therefore Lox can be no better than you are. That alone means that you cannot look to your own fictional character to try to make your situation better. You cannot fix you (Unpopular contention: Only God can fix you). Nothing that you do by yourself will help whatever it is you are trying to fix. Get wise counsel; Fur Affinity Forums do not count.

ShamonCornell

Yeah, seriously. We are not professional help, and it sounds like you might need said professional help.

I am a professional chucklemonger, an amateur artist, and a half-assed hack writer. With a billion friggin' hobbies. I am not a therapist...neither is, typically, anyone else here.

DravenDonovan

You can call me Oni~
Listen, Kiddo, I'm sorry if I come off as sounding like a total a-hole. I'm playing the bad guy here because I think you seriously need to hear the things that are being said. Like @ShamonCornell said, none of us are therapist, nor am I, and I think you do seriously need to talk to one about this problem of yours.
From the sounds of it you are suffering from some serious jealousy issues when it involves your 'idol'. Wanting to be him so bad it hurts is not a healthy thing. Not in the least bit, bub.
Wanting to have his life, his family, his friends and his mate (all from which don't exist) is not healthy. Mentally, and in some cases, physically.
You can change your name to be his, you can go out and chase this 'dream' of becoming him just isn't going to happen :/ Cause he doesn't exist! And you're going to get seriously hurt in the long run, by it.
No one is going to be good enough because they aren't as perfect as your Fursona's parents, or his friends or his mate. The real world is a bitch! It's gonn slap you so hard you won't be able to see straight for weeks.
And you speak of your grades and stuff being good enough to get you somewhere in life? Who got you to get those things? Even though you resented every moment of it.
Clue
It wasn't Lox the Fox.

D

De_lox

Listen, Kiddo, I'm sorry if I come off as sounding like a total a-hole. I'm playing the bad guy here because I think you seriously need to hear the things that are being said. Like @ShamonCornell said, none of us are therapist, nor am I, and I think you do seriously need to talk to one about this problem of yours.
From the sounds of it you are suffering from some serious jealousy issues when it involves your 'idol'. Wanting to be him so bad it hurts is not a healthy thing. Not in the least bit, bub.
Wanting to have his life, his family, his friends and his mate (all from which don't exist) is not healthy. Mentally, and in some cases, physically.
You can change your name to be his, you can go out and chase this 'dream' of becoming him just isn't going to happen :/ Cause he doesn't exist! And you're going to get seriously hurt in the long run, by it.
No one is going to be good enough because they aren't as perfect as your Fursona's parents, or his friends or his mate. The real world is a bitch! It's gonn slap you so hard you won't be able to see straight for weeks.
And you speak of your grades and stuff being good enough to get you somewhere in life? Who got you to get those things? Even though you resented every moment of it.
Clue
It wasn't Lox the Fox.
I got that way because I'm autistic and essentially anything I see or read I can repeat and remember with near perfect accuracy. But I still can't hold a conversation.

DravenDonovan

You can call me Oni~
I got that way because I'm autistic and essentially anything I see or read I can repeat and remember with near perfect accuracy. But I still can't hold a conversation.
Aye I know, luv. I've had autistic friends and it baffles me how much they can remember. I'm just like, "Dang, man! That's .. That's kind of amazing!"
My memory is piss poor at best xD
But, mate, they all had the same issue with disliking their family life. Parents.. They play the bad guy that is always brutality honest, cause they know no one else will be.
I'd hear the arguments with their parents, and they'd come to me all distraught and saying things like how their parents hate them or are so money minded and don't give a shit about their dreams and such. But honestly, all I heard was a very concerned parent who just wants their kid to have everything in the world and not make ANY mistakes. Not cause they wanted them to be 'perfect'. It was because they didn't want them being hurt. Parents tend to worry too much about how stuff can go wrong that they ignore the possibility of it going right, sometimes.
Your friends sure won't be that way because that's being a downer friend, and who wants that?! Though they may be thinking some pretty brutal stuff.
Like here, for example, in this thread. Had people being hella supportive, but the second someone mentioned something they, too, were thinking, their minds kind of changed. In a less brutal way, but still.
I still believe it is ok for you to chase your dreams.. I just think you should chase them as you. Leave your Fursona for times when you put on your future fur suit of him and go to conventions and stuff.

D

De_lox

Aye I know, luv. I've had autistic friends and it baffles me how much they can remember. I'm just like, "Dang, man! That's .. That's kind of amazing!"
But, mate, they all had the same issue with disliking their family life. Parents.. They play the bad guy that is always brutality honest, cause they know no one else will be.
I'd hear the arguments with their parents, and they'd come to me all distraught and saying things like how their parents hate them or are so money minded and don't give a shit about their dreams and such. But honestly, all I heard was a very concerned parent who just wants their kid to have everything in the world and not make ANY mistakes. Not cause they wanted them to be 'perfect'. It was because they didn't want them being hurt. Parents tend to worry too much about how stuff can go wrong that they ignore the possibility of it going right, sometimes.
Your friends sure won't be that way because that's being a downer friend, and who wants that?! Though they may be thinking some pretty brutal stuff.
Like here, for example, in this thread. Had people being hella supportive, but the second someone mentioned something they, too, were thinking, their minds kind of changed. In a less brutal way, but still.
I still believe it is ok for you to chase your dreams.. I just think you should chase them as you. Leave your Fursona for times when you put on your future fur suit of him and go to conventions and stuff.
My parents knew I had aspergers since I was a toddler. Never told me. Never put me in classes or support groups to help me with it. Then when I was about 12 I got in trouble at school and they yelled at me and said that I'm autistic and that's why I do "stupid shit" and can't can't understand what's wrong with it. For a while I was interested in being a diplomat but they told me I was autistic and could never make it in that field of work and just kept stepping on my dreams until I found something else I wanted to do.

DravenDonovan

You can call me Oni~
My parents knew I had aspergers since I was a toddler. Never told me. Never put me in classes or support groups to help me with it. Then when I was about 12 I got in trouble at school and they yelled at me and said that I'm autistic and that's why I do "stupid shit" and can't can't understand what's wrong with it. For a while I was interested in being a diplomat but they told me I was autistic and could never make it in that field of work and just kept stepping on my dreams until I found something else I wanted to do.
That is pretty harsh. It's possible that they just didn't want to believe there was anything wrong with you. Still yet there still isn't anything really wrong with you.
A lot of that may stim from their fear of you failing and being hurt. Real parents are flawed. They say pretty hurtful things, and sometimes things that isn't just being brutally honest. Just.. Wrong and hateful things.
My Dad is the king about doing that sort of stuff. His favorite phrase to say when he was angry at one of us was, 'Get out! Go somewhere else and live, if you can't respect the rules!' And makes me feel like i never do anything right, and makes me feel like he never notices when I do do stuff.
But at the end of the day, when I actually show it hurt me and actually try to leave, yanno what he does? Shalontly says he's sorry and that you don't got to leave.
They are human, and humans are natural a-holes. Sometimes they get so caught up in focusing on the negatives to keep you safe or away from failure that they don't actually notice they have gone too far.
Maybe you need to take your parents to therapy, too, to fix their issues too. Having some outsider there while you talk to them about these issues will make your parents have to listen.

D

De_lox

That is pretty harsh. It's possible that they just didn't want to believe there was anything wrong with you. Still yet there still isn't anything really wrong with you.
A lot of that may stim from their fear of you failing and being hurt. Real parents are flawed. They say pretty hurtful things, and sometimes things that isn't just being brutally honest. Just.. Wrong and hateful things.
My Dad is the king about doing that sort of stuff. His favorite phrase to say when he was angry at one of us was, 'Get out! Go somewhere else and live, if you can't respect the rules!' And makes me feel like i never do anything right, and makes me feel like he never notices when I do do stuff.
But at the end of the day, when I actually show it hurt me and actually try to leave, yanno what he does? Shalontly says he's sorry and that you don't got to leave.
They are human, and humans are natural a-holes. Sometimes they get so caught up in focusing on the negatives to keep you safe or away from failure that they don't actually notice they have gone too far.
Maybe you need to take your parents to therapy, too, to fix their issues too. Having some outsider there while you talk to them about these issues will make your parents have to listen.
I've asked to get help and they always say nothing is wrong and won't let me get it and get mad at me for asking

Zaedrin

So I'm just going to explain it as simple as I can. I have very unsupportive parents. Essentially all the do is give me food, water, shelter, and be incredibly harsh on me. I am forced to be immaculate and treated like a delinquent. I am forced to be perfect and expected to do better. They don't care about who I am, what my dreams or passions are, and all that seems to satisfy them is my grades. They won't even allow me to be a furry. Apparently we're "all sick perverts who have sex with animals in costume." I also can't express my sexuality either. Because "I'm autistic and can't be bisexual because I can't understand emotions like other people". However this fandom has been an escape for me. Here I am accepted. Here I am supported. At home I have a notebook (which I must hide) in which I draw and write pretending to be my fursona and him living the life I wish I had. I draw and write about him having a big loving family and lots of friends and the most perfect mate he could ever imagine. All of which care and support him and his passions. My fursona has become my idol. I strive to be him. And when I turn 18 I will make a fursuit of him and start my own life where I can be him and find that family I deserve. I want to change my legal name too. Because I am not Kyle Benjamin Daily. I am Lox Maximillan Lvov. Kyle is simply a name my parents gave me and it means nothing to me. Lox is who I truly am and who I strive to be. Any thoughts on this. Is it a stupid idea? Or what?

I'm...just going to back away slowly.

D

Deleted member 82554

I oughta slap you for your stupidity.

Get your head right.

DravenDonovan

You can call me Oni~
I've asked to get help and they always say nothing is wrong and won't let me get it and get mad at me for asking
Your school has a counselor, doesn't it? I know growing up my schools always had to have them. If so, request to see them? They may be able to help in convincing your parents that you need help, and obviously so do they.
Sometimes things take one step at a time, and patients. If there is a will, there is a way.
If your school doesn't have a councilor, talk to a teacher and see if there is any way the school can help you to get one.

D

De_lox

Hey you're this guy, right?
NO GOD DAMN IT AND IM NOT FUCKING OTHERKIN EITHER! WRITING AND DRAWING PRETENDING TO BE MY FURSONA IS MY ESCAPE GOD DAMN IT ITS BETTER THAN SMOKING CRACK ALRIGHT!

D

Deleted member 82554

I don't know man, going by your rant you two have a lot in common. If you're going so far as to change your actual name to a fictional cartoon character (to escape your problems???), then you have issues man, like, big time.

D

De_lox

I don't know man, going by your rant you two have a lot in common. If you're going so far as to change your actual name to a fictional cartoon character (to escape your problems???), then you have issues man, like, big time.
Than what do you suggest I do?

D

Deleted member 82554

Than what do you suggest I do?
Talking to a professional would be a good start. Changing your name and trying to run away from your problems fixes nothing, you only prolong the inevitable.

Personally I think you're acting like a spoiled brat still learning about self-identity at such an impressionable age. The fact that your parents give you food, shelter, a place to live and clothes on your back is proof enough that they care about you.

D

De_lox

Talking to a professional would be a good start. Changing your name and trying to run away from your problems fixes nothing, you only prolong the inevitable.

Personally I think you're acting like a spoiled brat still learning about self-identity at such an impressionable age. The fact that your parents give you food, shelter, a place to live and clothes on your back is proof enough that they care about you.
They treat me like a puppet. I can only do what they please and have no say in anything in my life and what I want to do and in what my passions are. When I try to cut the strings I become an emotional punching bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.