• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Hiring: Character / Species Designer (575 USD Budget)

SvenskaBoudal

World Building Expert

Looking for a Character and or Species Designer​

What I am Looking For​

I'm in the market to have one or more realistic style artist(s) work with me to bring a bunch of text documentation on the original species on my worldbuilding project to life. The Current Budget is 575 USD. This is a complete species workup and it involves: detailing out the full-body designs, the natural colors, natural color patterns, examples of what is and is not allowed, different variations for specific things like horns, tails, etc. All artwork would have to be digital, I do not want to have any traditional stuff involved (unless its part of your creative process) used to any degree on the final product.

Type of Artwork Being Done​

All artwork will be done in flat colors with a variety of different things involved. These include Full bodies, headshots, drawings of little things like horns, artwork of key points. And including the text that I need to talk about within the image. More information can be given as needed but this is simply just a rough idea of the kind of work being done for this project.

Animal Specialties / Experience​

While the experience is not mandatory, I will take someone with more experience than someone with the lack thereof, or someone with more experience over less experience on the same thing. It is a long list and it’s specific in the intention that the experience stays within the animals / creatures that are listed. You can find a link to thosde animals / creatures here:

Turnaround Time & Edits​

I don’t have a particular requirement for a turnaround time, as there is going to be a fair bit of back and forth. Aside from that, I just want to make sure things are progressing smoothly and at a decent enough pace that it doesn’t feel like it is dragging on forever.

I think it might be worth noting that this process is going to involve a lot of back and forth editing and thus means that I need to consider extra fees for potential edits. ALso I want to make sure that I know what the limits are on edits.

Communication​

My preferred method of communication for any sort of work will likely be through Discord. Although I do have Access to Telegram, and Emails also work too, albeit it’s a lot slower typically.

Payment​

All monetary payments I wish to make should be provided through a Paypal Invoice. I do not prefer to pay in any other form.

Streaming​

I do like to see live progress being made for a project and if you stream commission work, that is all the more beneficial for me because it gives me a better glimpse into the process that you do..

How to Respond​

I do not want people just responding without reading and understanding what I am looking for, so please make sure that you are not just blindly throwing out prices and examples. And as there is no shaded artwork to be done, I do not wish to see examples of any shaded or (completed) traditional artwork, as this does not pertain to the project at hand, so just make sure to keep your examples to the relevancy of the project.

Please make sure that you include all of the following items in your response:
> Terms of Service <
> A Link To Your gallery <
> Contact Information <
> Price Quote <​

SvenskaBoudal

World Building Expert
> TERMS OF SERVICE <
> GALLERY <

I do have a Discord, but I'd prefer to share that privately.
Examples of my pieces that are flat colors:
|| Fullbody 1 || Fullbody 2 || Fullbody 3 || Fullbody 4 || Small Ref Sheet ||

I could probably do what you're asking for $200.
That's what I price a detailed reference sheet at.
Fullbody 1, 2, and 3 aren't as detailed as a final product.
The fourth fullbody is closer to what the final product would be.

Please reach out if my style suits what you're looking for.
I look forward to hopefully working with you.​
Sorry, You don't meet my expectations for a realistic style.

GROZENTAL

Shine!
Hello there! I'm interested. I don't yet have a TOS page written down, but I believe we can discuss in what ways you're planning to use the finished product and come to an agreement. I'm very liberal with how people may use my finished work, so if you were planning to use the linework and the colours as a base for many other specimens of your species, I would totally be okay with that.

Link to my gallery: https://www.furaffinity.net/gallery/grozental/

You may contact me via Discord: GROZEN#6068

Here's a list of what type of work I offer for what price: https://sites.google.com/view/grozenthal/prices?authuser=0

Having said that, I must admit that I don't *usually* work with linearts, however I most definitely can. Below are recent examples of my linework.
I have also never worked on making a species ref sheet, but I did many characters reference sheets, so not completely unfamiliar with this field, but might require a bit more thorough explanation on what you would want to see from me. For that very reason I'm also not sure what would be the correct pricing for this work, so my approximation would probably be around, say, 350? I'd probably need to see a more detailed list of how many figures and different anatomical variations you want the actual lineart to have.

fxOffX3.png

1hPJQSX.png

HP6gVRn.png

hi, i'm a realistic style artist.

I have experience with some animals on the list: fennec fox, deer, leopard, antelope, zebra, cow, hippo, hedgehog, tiger, and jaguar.

You can find me on instagram ma.se.ba

About prices: I understand that each animal / antro would have a main illustration and details in separate dependent illustrations. On this basis, each order - main + complementary - would cost 70 dollars in animals and 80 if is an antro.

I give the possibility of two free changes to the finished illustration and 3 free changes to the illustration before being colored, but then it is a surcharge of between 5 and 15 dollars, depending on the difficulty.
Screenshot_20210727-004948_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_2021-07-25-06-15-48~2.png

IMG_20210330_212753_239.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-07-25-06-16-28~2.png
    Screenshot_2021-07-25-06-16-28~2.png
    794 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

sushy

Gundam Meister
Hi, I am interested too. Most artwork I do is shaded, but I can do flat colors as well. Here are some examples of my work:

1623945560.sushy_doglogo2.jpg

1613827791.sushy_fisht.gif

1600028242.sushy_fakemon.gif

1575045766.sushy_farm7.jpg

1624886209.sushy_heavenlycow2021.jpg

ToS: https://www.deviantart.com/sushy00/journal/Terms-of-Service-696308847
Gallery link: https://www.furaffinity.net/gallery/sushy/
Price really depends on how many flat-colored illustrations you order. It is $30 USD for full-body, $25 USD for half-body and $20 USD for a portrait/detail shot.
These prices include 3 major and 2 minor adjustments. Additional adjustments vary between $5-$15 USD.
Please note me on FA or e-mail me at sushychan(at)gmail.com if you want to work with me.

SvenskaBoudal

World Building Expert
Hi, I am interested too. Most artwork I do is shaded, but I can do flat colors as well. Here are some examples of my work:

1623945560.sushy_doglogo2.jpg

1613827791.sushy_fisht.gif

1600028242.sushy_fakemon.gif

1575045766.sushy_farm7.jpg

1624886209.sushy_heavenlycow2021.jpg

ToS: https://www.deviantart.com/sushy00/journal/Terms-of-Service-696308847
Gallery link: https://www.furaffinity.net/gallery/sushy/
Price really depends on how many flat-colored illustrations you order. It is $30 USD for full-body, $25 USD for half-body and $20 USD for a portrait/detail shot.
These prices include 3 major and 2 minor adjustments. Additional adjustments vary between $5-$15 USD.
Please note me on FA or e-mail me at sushychan(at)gmail.com if you want to work with me.
I do not think you're a fit for what I am trying to achieve.

VolatusArts

Disaster [Volatus Arts]
Not entirely sure my realism would fit your needs, but if you'd like to continue the chat, I can attempt a more realistic approach that what I usually do.

If I'm not the type, no worries, wish you luck on your search.

One of my painty realistic examples:
headshots of frans.png
Artfight 1.png

> Terms of Service <
> A Link To Your gallery <
> Discord - I can give you my personal, or the public one. Up to you. <
> Commission Thread <

zenmaldita

always hungry
Hi @SvenskaBoudal
Design Experience: I'm an experienced character designer specializing in anthros/fursonas and character models for games.

Species experience: Canines, Felines, Bears (Panda), Western Dragons, Reptiles (Crocodile), Robotic/Cryborgs, Rodents, Red Panda, Raccoons, Squirrels, Horses, Cows, Hyenas, Sheep, Alien Species

> Terms of Service
> Past Flat Color Character Design/Refs

> Gallery
> Contact Information: my discord, twitter, and facebook are listed in my FA
> Price Quote: $150 per character : design, revisions, 3poses: front view, back view, outfit design included
> Important: please advise if you intend to use the designs for commercial use. An Additional $50 is required per character to give you commercial/production rights.

> Availability: please refer to this commissioner list to manage expectations.
> Streaming: Unfortunately, I can't due to the timezone difference, ill internet connection, and my unpredictable work schedule due to being on call for my family's health needs. I will, however, bombard you with WIPs every step of the way.

Last edited:

SvenskaBoudal

World Building Expert
Hi @SvenskaBoudal
Design Experience: I'm an experienced character designer specializing in anthros/fursonas and character models for games.

Species experience: Canines, Felines, Bears (Panda), Western Dragons, Reptiles (Crocodile), Robotic/Cryborgs, Rodents, Red Panda, Raccoons, Squirrels, Horses, Cows, Hyenas, Sheep, Alien Species

> Terms of Service
> Past Flat Color Character Design/Refs

> Gallery
> Contact Information: my discord, twitter, and facebook are listed in my FA
> Price Quote: $150 per character : design, revisions, 3poses: front view, back view, outfit design included
> Important: please advise if you intend to use the designs for commercial use. An Additional $50 is required per character to give you commercial/production rights.

> Availability: please refer to this commissioner list to manage expectations.
> Streaming: Unfortunately, I can't due to the timezone difference, ill internet connection, and my unpredictable work schedule due to being on call for my family's health needs. I will, however, bombard you with WIPs every step of the way.
I made sure to contact you via Discord as that'll probably be one of the fastest and easiest methods for communication for me.