• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Characters in video games you love

D

Deleted member 134556

Pretty simple topic, but it has a lot of potential.

From all the video games you've played, what characters really caught your admiration, and caused you to love them, either emotionally, or through gameplay.

One example for me was Mordecai from Borderlands. I love lots of the games characters, but he was the first I picked in the genre. When I first got the original game, me and my brother played it together. I wanted the sniper class, and I wasn't only satisfied with his skills, but also his personality. He had a bit of an attitude, much like a savant marksman, and used his falconry with his pet alien bird to attack people. He had a couple of abilities that granted him health regeneration for survivability, which is not common for sniper classes. It allowed me to be more daring with him, and join my brother in battle without worrying about taking damage.

1618582457362.png

Punji

Vaskebjørn
Sly Cooper has always been a favourite character of mine. (And has no relation to being a raccoon I swear :p)

Athletic and acrobatic, with charm and a quick wit. It's always funny when Sly shoots a stinging remark at the villain of each episode only to swing on hooks and flip through the air and beat them half to death with a curvy stick. Or how he plays off Carmelita and all his witty and charming responses to her and how he inevitably plays her like a fool.

D

Deleted member 134556

Snake from Metal Gear Solid. Consistently interesting in most games that he is in, fun characters arcs, and with a ton of charisma to boot.
I did play as him a bit and I had a lot of fun. It was cool balancing stealth with lethalness in the middle of an opps mission, as well as missions that focused on his personal struggles and past.

Sly Cooper has always been a favourite character of mine. (And has no relation to being a raccoon I swear :p)

Athletic and acrobatic, with charm and a quick wit. It's always funny when Sly shoots a stinging remark at the villain of each episode only to swing on hooks and flip through the air and beat them half to death with a curvy stick. Or how he plays off Carmelita and all his witty and charming responses to her and how he inevitably plays her like a fool.
This was a favorite of me and my brother. I played the first one back on playstation 2. He had such a sexy charming voice, and I loved learning about his history and skills as I progressed through the game.

Also, Clockwerks voice is pretty spooky. Was more than I was expecting for a villain in a kid targeted game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kinare

RAWR
Two that stick out in my mind immediately are Terra and Gau from Final Fantasy 6.
- Terra I resonate a lot with. Forced to be what she wasn't, heccin sad backstory, then finding her true self thanks to help of her friends. Having a few things in common with her, I felt a special bond.
- Gau because he wild animal mans and his personality is silly and he's overall just a really enjoyable character with a unique mechanic to boot.

Otherwise, there's Batman. Batman is the hots. I definitely don't just play the Arkham games to ninja around as a smexy batboi who is also my favorite superhero, no sir.

JuniperW

Birb Fanatic
The characters that are misunderstood by their own fans and labelled as 'edgelords'...particularly Cloud and Shadow. I found both of them to have realistic and relatable story arcs. And they're both totally badass — I think that's the part everyone can agree on.

Yazoht

Garrett, from the Thief series.

Great voice, with just the right amount of contempt when making sassy remarks (to himself) toward the guards and nobles.
The games don't explore his morality too much and don't paint him as a valiant hero, but there's enough there to get the gist that he's not the worst dude.

sleepy kitty

yeeter yeeter, pumpkin eater
Vaati from The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap

Erix

>‿‿◕
Cloud Final Fantasy 7 and Sora from Kingdom Hearts.

Cloud just seems like a cool badass character to me (not to mention his appearance looks fucking sick)

I just like Sora’s bubbly, kind personality! I guess he gets some extra bias points from me cuz I’ve known him ever since my childhood so.

Nexus Cabler

Abstract Concepts Coordinator
Spyro. I don't need to really explain why. He's Spyro. Most of us love the little purple derggy.

Лорик

ORI

Лорик

SIDOROVICH.
Bring him cans and he'll be happy.
ZglZjh1B-f3yrm9jH_DJCA.jpeg

Sam Akuchin Wamm

i-

nah it's a little complicated.

blah blah oppression mechanic blah.

basically a lesser you as the greater can chose to oppress but if you don't etc.

Xitheon

I may be mad but I'm perfectly good at it.
The Scout from Team Fortress 2. (I think his real name is Jeremy, but I call him Scout.) I had a crush on him back in 2011 but I forgot about him until I watched the animated short "Expiration Date." He's a dumb jock but he's fun and kinda cute

Nick from Left 4 Dead 2 is my guardian angel. He's such a snarky wise guy I can't help but love him. He gets all the best lines in the game.

(Four Nicks. I guess that's why they call it "Fournickation", am I right? No? God I'm so fucking witty.)