• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Characters needed! (closed! fo' realz this time!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luukra

Banananas
RE: Characters needed!

Is a female Katana-figther alowed?

My persona Luu and i we are both masters of the Katana, but i dont think that in this thime female samurai are allowed :(

hay i will join if ya let a chines Corn Leaf Saber user in it ^^

i will get to work on it

Mokusei_Kaze

Dream Weaver

*thinking* This is kind of intriging, my name is already japanese and I am an eastern type entity... but I am not a fighter type really... *dirty hippie at heart* ummm are you wanting side characters like giesha or kabuki theater actors. ^_^

ok fin i hope ya like http://www.furaffinity.net/view/906663/

Summercat

Former Motterator

Mmmm.

Ultra-realistic. Hmm.

All-righty then, I'll dress up the Manikaze twins, although we'd have to change their first names a bit. I doubt I can convince you to do 'Sharri' and 'Patrick' *chuckles*

*pause*

Allrighty, Manikaze Asashijo (Sherri) and Manikaze Gekkeichoushi (Patrick), young twins that are cousins of the main Manikaze family. Sahi's tagline is "A single sword can end words, but a single word can move armies." Keicho's tagline is "When words fail, make ready your sword."

I'll see what I can do about finding the badges Hobbpanda did for me for them.

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/889211/ Patrick/Gekkeichoushi
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/889203/ Sherri/Ashashijo

Sahi and Keicho are both accomplished sword-users, Sahi prefering a lighter sword of Chinese extraction, Keicho prefering a katana. Keicho's fighting style is more traditional for a two-handed Katana, while Sahi has incorporated the dancing she has learned to combine a bit of agility (IE, Sworddancer). Both are twins, and while both are part of the Manikaze clan, they are young and of a branch of the clan.

The Manikaze have held their lands for generations, and a typical Manikaze lordling is a Racoon, Cat, and Ferret hybrid, whereas Sahi and Keicho have rabbit features instead of feline - so, longer ears, more of a lapine face than a cat.

In order for me to go into more detail on the Manikaze clan, I'd need to know WHICH period of Feudal Japan your story is set...

Well...O.k...I am interested XD...I will try to do a picture of a character...yay...n.n...finally my knowledge of kendo will serve for art xD

Raul

MSPicasso Maestro

Okay, so the closing date for this thing will be Saturday...thats THIS Saturday. On that Day I shall decide who gets a main part, and who does not. If people are still drawing their entries, then I will extend it for an itty bit longer.

dam i hope i get in

RhadetheBlade

i have a swordsman who is a sort of being thrusted to different places and space dimension and time temporarily. Can i use him. He would ift all the criteria accept his name isn't japanese...

Summercat

Former Motterator

Dear lord, 1280 AD? That's ANCIENT o.o;;

Allrighty then, how'bout this...

The Manikaze clan is a small clan that inhabits land in the very south of Honshu, near the modern city of Wakayama. The clan was founded, according to family history, in 789 (Enryaku 7) when a young officer in the service of Emperor Kammu managed to save a large portion of the Emperor's army after the top generals were either killed or fled. The Emperor granted the young officer lands south of the new capital of Heien-Kyo. The Manikaze have successfully held these lands since that time, despite their original support for the Taira-clan a hundred years ago when the Minamoto took power in the Genpei War, and their support for Emperor Go-Toba in the Jokyu War.

The Manikaze clan proved their loyalty to the Kamakura Shogunate when they fully mobilized their resources to right the Mongols at the Battle of Hakata Bay. It was in the early stages of this battle that Manikaze Gentobi, father of Sahi and Keicho, and many of his armed retainers were killed.

After the battle, the Lord of the Manikaze took Sahi and Keicho into his own household, to train and educate them.

Raul

MSPicasso Maestro

I did say Feudal Japan...just because the Feudal age stretched from the beginning of the twelfth century to the end of the seventeenth. And thats a pretty good description right there.

Also, an update on how this is going to work.

First place (two people): Main characters in the story (the whole story).
Second Place (three people): Story arc involving one of these characters at a time.
Third place (the people who don't get second or third place): Short appearance in the main story.

'kay? (well, even if it wasn't it would still be okay because its my storeee x3)

Summercat

Former Motterator

Raul said:
I did say Feudal Japan...just because the Feudal age stretched from the beginning of the twelfth century to the end of the seventeenth. And thats a pretty good description right there.

Also, an update on how this is going to work.

First place (two people): Main characters in the story (the whole story).
Second Place (three people): Story arc involving one of these characters at a time.
Third place (the people who don't get second or third place): Short appearance in the main story.

'kay? (well, even if it wasn't it would still be okay because its my storeee x3)

Well, technically... Feudal Japan goes back tot he 600s. The SHOGUNATE started in the 12th Century. ^_^;

And yeah, that's with just knee-jerk reaction. *chuckles* They can be the Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Grandcousins of Mikey Manikaze =D

Status
Not open for further replies.