• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Chardon High School shooting (from a guy that lives in Chardon)

Alstor

And twice as shiny
EDIT: Dammit. It should be "lives". http://www.wkyc.com/news/article/232710/33/Chardon-High-School-shooting-5-injured-gunman-in-custody
CHARDON, OHIO -- Officials now say five students have been injured in a shooting at Chardon High School.

Three of the victims -- all said to be students -- were taken to MetroHealth Medical Center by Metro LifeFlight. Two of the victims were taken to Hillcrest Hospital.

The victims were found in three locations inside the school.

The gunman -- now confirmed as a male student -- is in custody. The sheriff says the teen turned himself in to bystanders off site from the school in Chardon Township.

A teacher chased the student gunman from the building.

Gunfire was reported inside the high school cafeteria just after 7:30 a.m.

Students barricaded themselves in classrooms as the school was placed in lockdown.

Students were evacuated from the school five at a time. The Superintendent says high school students were evacuated to Maple Elementary School where parents were picking up their children.

The wounded were taken to a makeshift landing area in the parking lot of the nearby Walmart where they were placed on Life Flight.

All classes in the Chardon school district have been cancelled for today.

Gov. Kasich has issued a statement praising the quick work of law enforcement officers.

Chardon is located about 30 miles east of Cleveland, Ohio. The high school has about 1,100 students.

A prayer vigil is planned for tonight in Painesville.
I live just a stone's throw away from the school, and I can say that it's a bit more than hectic right now. My 15 year old sister goes to the high school, and my 13 year old sister goes to the middle school. Both are okay and unharmed. My sister at the high school heard the gunshots from a classroom.

And now, getting the names of the injured, killed, and the alleged shooter, it's shocking. I went to school with all of them before I transferred high schools. They're all juniors like me. Hell, the alleged shooter put on Twitter that he was going to do it. :|

Last edited:

ramsay_baggins

WINTERFELL!
Re: Chardon High School shooting (from a guy that lines in Chardon)

Make sure your sisters get any counselling they need. I hope all the injured make it through and the kid who did it gets given whatever treatment he needs in a secure facility. School shootings are fucked up.

Cain

Guess what mood I'm in today.

Jesus fucking Christ what is it with American teenagers and school shootings?
Yeah it happens all over the world, but it's tenfold in the US.

Tango

*drinking your brain juices*

Like I was telling you earlier, Alstor: I hope this little asshole gets pounded in the ass so hard in prison that you could fit a soup can up there sideways. From what I've read and heard he is a huge cowardly fuck.

dinosaurdammit

White Devil

Jesus fucking Christ what is it with American teenagers and school shootings?
Yeah it happens all over the world, but it's tenfold in the US.

Because american school systems breed bullying and often punish the person who is picked on. It drives them to the brink. It is sad and a fault of many people in the system.

not saying he was bullied as I know nothing of his case but from what i have read of others this is the case

Xenke

Like I was telling you earlier, Alstor: I hope this little asshole gets pounded in the ass so hard in prison that you could fit a soup can up there sideways. From what I've read and heard he is a huge cowardly fuck.

Vengeance is so ugh, it doesn't help anything.

Alstor

And twice as shiny

Make sure your sisters get any counselling they need.
They're strong, but thank you. Counselors will be at the middle school at three, so we'll ask.

I hope all the injured make it through and the kid who did it gets given whatever treatment he needs in a secure facility. School shootings are fucked up.
One of the five was just pronounced dead. He was one of the kids the school hated, but he was one of the chillest people I've ever seen.

Tango

Vengeance is so ugh, it doesn't help anything.

With all due respect, Xenke, fuck that guy. He tried to take at least 4 lives because he was getting picked on. Hell, I was picked on like crazy but I didn't take a gun to school or anything stupid like that. I told them if they had a problem to meet me in the woods after school and we'd settle it with fists. And you know what? That usually solved it. In two cases we became friends afterwards.

But this shit? Again, screw this guy. I hope he gets passed around in jail like a bong at Woodstock.

Xenke

With all due respect, Xenke, fuck that guy. He tried to take at least 4 lives because he was getting picked on. Hell, I was picked on like crazy but I didn't take a gun to school or anything stupid like that. I told them if they had a problem to meet me in the woods after school and we'd settle it with fists. And you know what? That usually solved it. In two cases we became friends afterwards.

But this shit? Again, screw this guy. I hope he gets passed around in jail like a bong at Woodstock.

Whatever, I'm not going to argue with you. Feel like shit over this and I don't want to make my point coming from those kind of emotions.

EDIT: here's a stream of the news if anyone's interested. http://www.wkyc.com/news/article/232714/33/LIVE-Coverage-Chardon-High-School-shooting-

Tango

Whatever, I'm not going to argue with you. Feel like shit over this and I don't want to make my point coming from those kind of emotions.

I understand and I'm not trying to start an argument. I respect your opinion on the matter even if I don't agree with it.

Aetius

It's Me Gordon, Barney from Black Mesa

Here is hoping that the other injured students make it.

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake

thats easy to say but its pretty hard to actually try to put yourself in his shoes. bullying in america is brutal, some kids kill themselves and others who are able to get their hands on a gun start a killing spree.
i dont support what he did but you shouldnt blame him, blame the government for failing to protect those kids. it is no coincidence that the states are the country with the highest count of school shootings!

Dragonfurry

(•_•)(•_•)>⌐■-■(⌐■_■)

Yeah school shootings arent pretty. There has been one in my town and we are lucky the bastard didnt know how to take care of his gun and only shot one shot in the ceiling.

Haru_Ray

The Christian Yoyoing Wolf

Darn it, I hate hearing about stuff like this.
Its sad that the youth of america feel stuff like this is needed.
But thus is the generations I guess.
Prayers and best wishes to all.

Holsety

Edit: NNNNNGH this isnt the thread for a discussion about bullying and schools and mean kids, I'll shut up.

But yeah uh... this sucks.

Tango

thats easy to say but its pretty hard to actually try to put yourself in his shoes. bullying in america is brutal, some kids kill themselves and others who are able to get their hands on a gun start a killing spree.
i dont support what he did but you shouldnt blame him, blame the government for failing to protect those kids. it is no coincidence that the states are the country with the highest count of school shootings!

Yes, I can blame him. I can blame the hell out of him. The gun didn't bring itself to that school and start firing bullets at students. He did. Not only that, but from what I saw in an above post he ended someone's life! That is something you can't undo. And before anyone starts in with 'oh, he just snapped' he posted that he was going to do this on twitter. This was premeditated. He planned this. He could have sought counselling. He could have tried to seek solace in music, a fandom of some sort. Anything but this.

I'm having a very hard time seeing this guy as nothing more then a self destructive little cock-goblin that wanted to go out in a blaze of glory and take as many innocent people as he could with him.

In short: Fuck that guy. Fuck him with a pitchfork covered in barbed wire and salt.

Dragonfurry

(•_•)(•_•)>⌐■-■(⌐■_■)

In short: Fuck that guy. Fuck him with a pitchfork covered in barbed wire and salt.

Dont forget the lemon juice and acid. :V

Catilda Lily

May all your bacon burn.

Brave teacher. I feel bad for those kids and their families. I can't believe they didn't take a threat like that seriously.

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake

sure, completely destroy the life of someone who already is despessive enough to start a school shooting! brilliant! :V

Gryphoneer

20 Quatloos on "disruptive"

First, my condolences.

he ended someone's life!
Yes, he did. And he wanted to end some more.

Nevertheless can intensive bullying fuck you up mentally to the point where you can't distinguish between good and bad. It's important by diseases to treat the causes too, not just the symptoms.

Tango

sure, completely destroy the life of someone who already is despessive enough to start a school shooting! brilliant! :V

He did that himself. Sorry, I don't give ass pats to mass murders or those who aspire to do so.

Cocobanana

Not to blame the media and video games entirely, but one reason school shootings are more prevalent than they need to be, (in other words, not happening at all), is maybe how guns are depicted in popular entertainment as a peacemaker and a fast solution for many problems you have with people. I think kids should have a mandatory class which compares pictures of video game/movie violence to real violence, the families of the real violence victims, and do everything they can to reverse the desensitization of this generation and future generations of children, especially involving guns.